Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought this was as good of a place to post this as any, but Patty was just waived by Atlanta.. he's a FA..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: Patrick Williams

Was listening to a bulls podcast

His qualifying offer is 13.

He allegedly already turned down 4/64, which is 16 per year

His injury turning season ending was a surprise, he had been practicing but tests showed the edema became a stress fracture despite the time off in a walking boot etc

So his agent must be expecting more than 16 a year. I suppose they could trade their pick back to him in a sign and trade. They did a S&T with Markannen when he was restricted

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monk doesn't fit the narrow minded definition of what a Spurs "should" be.
    Why is Monk not a Spur? Because he got popped on a drug test 4 years ago? Seems like he's taken some lumps and matured, and been a model citizen since then. Is the Iggy Azalea thing actually a thing with Monk? I could definitely see them not wanting to bring that soap opera into the locker room.

But on the court? He'd be a tremendous fit and should be attainable on a palatable contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Monk not a Spur? Because he got popped on a drug test 4 years ago? Seems like he's taken some lumps and matured, and been a model citizen since then. Is the Iggy Azalea thing actually a thing with Monk? I could definitely see them not wanting to bring that soap opera into the locker room.

But on the court? He'd be a tremendous fit and should be attainable on a palatable contract.
    You basically answered your own question.

I'm not advocating for their approach, I'm just saying if you've paid attention to it over the years, in most cases it's not difficult to spot the players who they wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

The obvious exceptions (Jackson, Blair, Murray, etc.) came when the value was too good to pass up.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Man this free agent class really sucks balls. Ugh right when the spurs really need an infusion of talent.

Hmm anyone know how much cap space spurs will have? Is there any hope of getting off Zollins contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody wants to sign up for a 75 year old coach to make the game about himself and watch Johnson or Vassell brick 3s all season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's bleacher report, but here's a top 25 free agent list food for thought:
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...le-this-summer

Malik Monk would solve some problems for this team. He just turned 26 and has gotten better each year. With his improved playmaking, I don't see why he couldn't run point and move Jones to the bench to command the second unit. Or if they draft a point, he could play the 2. According to this article, Sacramento can't offer him a starting salary above $17.4 million.
    id rather draft a Dillingham.

you don't turn your entire team over to a guy like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No good! Damn it!!!!! Terrible time to get injured for him…. His contract will take a real hit

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No good! Damn it!!!!! Terrible time to get injured for him…. His contract will take a real hit
    Just means the Spurs can make one of those expensive mistakes with him like they did Zollins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bey injury obvious sucks for him with his FA this summer but it's a good news for Spurs. The worst Atlanta is next year, the better their pick will be for Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bey injury obvious sucks for him with his FA this summer but it's a good news for Spurs. The worst Atlanta is next year, the better their pick will be for Spurs.
    no guarantee they were going to re-sign him anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might just mean ATL gets him back on a cheaper deal this summer

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then we should have been cheering for him to be back in Atlanta and 100%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how much worse Bey makes them, but it might increase their interest in Johnson.

The more they value him, the better, since it'll likely lessen the draft capital required in a potential Young or Murray trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might just mean ATL gets him back on a cheaper deal this summer
    Recovery from surgery for an ACL is a year. He is, for all intents and purposes, out for next season. Sucks for him, but helps our ATL 25 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that Bey isn't a good player but Hawks kinda need him because Hunter has recurrent knee issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a question. Bol Bol will be a UFA this summer. Do you feel any team would be interested in him? Also, what kind of contract do you think he would command? He certainly has not really lived up to his draft hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a question. Bol Bol will be a UFA this summer. Do you feel any team would be interested in him? Also, what kind of contract do you think he would command? He certainly has not really lived up to his draft hype.
    He’s got unicorn talent, but his at ude is for . Orlando got him on the cheap, and cut him loose. He barely plays in PHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monk and D'Angela Russell are the two streakiest players in the NBA now. When they are on, they play at all star level. When they are cold, they will literally lose the game for you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On second thought, I could see the Spurs aggressively pursuing Williams and other proven players in his age range.

He's not only a good potential fit with Sochan, but probably their best chance at getting a starting forward opposite him for next season period.

There was apparently a large gap between the $20+M annually his agent(s) were seeking and what the Bulls were offering.

He's been a perceived disappointment, with a role in constant state of flux throughout because he's more like Marvin Williams or Harrison Barnes than a potential star in the making.

Given the Bulls obsession with being a treadmill team, they might actually prefer Johnson to a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still think Monk should be at or near the top of the spurs FA board. we continue to see the spurs get into offensive ruts that are unbecoming of a team in the modern nba. he can provide good scoring juice, is a good enough shooter, and can get others involved too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monk would be a realistic target and very gettable. He won't be cheap though. Sacramento only have his early bird rights because he has a two year deal and since they're over the cap and unlikely to get under it, the max they can offer him is 175% raise for the first year, which is about $17.5 mil, or roughly about 4/78 mil total.

Depending on what they do with their draft pick(s) and the contracts of Graham, Champ and Bassey, the Spurs could open up somewhere between 20 and 30 million in cap space, so they could make a very good offer to him. The bigger issue would be fit, because he mostly occupies the space that Devin does on the Spurs, he's not really a lead guard despite of his improved creation. Devin at the 3 and Monk at 2 could be an option but would probably be a disaster defensively. I doubt he'd be happy with a bench role and there will be other teams with cap space and a starting position for him.

Thread Information