Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't count LaMarcus Aldridge? That team did win 67 games.
    Brent Barry and Finley too. I know we grew to hate Finley after a couple of years but not his fault Pop played him at PF in the wrong era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still heart Michael Finley!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of 17 million he probably only pocketed about 6-7. Maybe less.
    Was going to say it would be like $9.5 million or so assuming a 37% income tax and taking 10% off the top for the league's escrow fund in the worst case, but forgot the state income taxes that Trump no longer allowed to be deducted from federal income tax, which makes it a pretty complicated computation to see what his actual take home was since they apply for road games. Still lol going broke with $6 million to spend, especially when he made most of that before housing prices shot to .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of 17 million he probably only pocketed about 6-7. Maybe less.
    Taxes ate almost 66% ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not his fault Pop played him at PF in the wrong era.
    2006 was one of Pops most disappointing robberies of Tim Duncan.
    Most stacked lineup in league and he still flubbs it up badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grayson Allen should be a main target. An elite 3pt shooter that is being asked to defend the other's team best player and holding his own. He would be a clear upgrade over Champaigne in the starting lineup.
    Him being asked to be the POA defender was a big problem for the Suns (one of the reasons why they traded for Royce O'Neale). He also used to be targeted regularly in the POs when he was playing for the Bucks. Finally, being an upgrade over Champagnie really doesn't say much right now ...

That being said, I agree that he could/might/should be a guy the Spurs will target this offseason. A reliable high-volume shooter with at least decent hight/body defensively, and he really does give it his all on that end as well.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taxes ate almost 66% ?
    Taxes, retirement, agent, travel isn’t cheap. There are also additional costs to being a prime athlete like die ian or trainers that perhaps the average wealthy person might not incur.

Just saying that it’s typically a lot less than people think.

It’s of course still a lot of money but players don’t always invest well. If you’re a pro player there are obligations to friends and family that are sometimes unavoidable.

Not an excuse. Just an observation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what's the deal with Miles Bridges? If he's a women beater, why is he still playing?

If we can get him and Grayson Allen in the offseason + a couple of rookies that contribute right away, we should be compe ive, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what's the deal with Miles Bridges? If he's a women beater, why is he still playing?

If we can get him and Grayson Allen in the offseason + a couple of rookies that contribute right away, we should be compe ive, tbh.
    Allen, they might get, but Bridges is likely a no go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt PG13 would be willing to join a non contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt PG13 would be willing to join a non contender.
    we never should have traded him in the first place

time to undo that wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

time to undo that wrong
    We got a championship out of that trade, and then the butterfly effect made us get Wemby. I'm not changing a damn thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

time to undo that wrong
    Did I completely sleep through some major Spurs history? What is this about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I completely sleep through some major Spurs history? What is this about?
    It's a reference to a thread here in 2013:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214888

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we can get Primo back in a George trade. He was on the verge of greatness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for this! This was definitely during a major ST.com hiatus for me, so I appreciate you bringing me up to speed. Classic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would we feel with a Grayson Allen signing? We buying his shooting? I mean, it’s been another level this year with his shooting.

I dont know his role on this team, but if you get Reed or Dillingham and can bring in someone like Grayson, seems like the bench problems would be solved pretty quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would we feel with a Grayson Allen signing? We buying his shooting? I mean, it’s been another level this year with his shooting.

I dont know his role on this team, but if you get Reed or Dillingham and can bring in someone like Grayson, seems like the bench problems would be solved pretty quickly.
    he's 41.4% for his career, so yes his shot is real. obviously he's not going to shoot 48% every year. since his rookie year, he has never shot lower than 39%. but 40% shooting + enough ball skill to beat closeouts, pass, while being a willing and capable defender... of course he'd be really good. he also wont be cheap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's 41.4% for his career, so yes his shot is real. obviously he's not going to shoot 48% every year. since his rookie year, he has never shot lower than 39%. but 40% shooting + enough ball skill to beat closeouts, pass, while being a willing and capable defender... of course he'd be really good. he also wont be cheap
    I don’t think we need to worry about price to much at this point. Ya, I know hes been a good shooter, I meant him being Steph Curry now lol

I think he could be an interesting signing 3/40M? Having him in place of Branham + having Tre on the bench?

Or having him in place of Branham with Reed as the back up guard with Tre starting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen makes about 9 million now. A raise to about 12.5 - 13.5 million $$$ would be about right, after all isn't that what they paid Doogie McNuggets ? Plus Allen is a much better defender than McNuggets, and we had that dude for 3 years with his mostly useless defense. It would be a step in the right direction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen is eligible for a 4/$75M extension on April 1st and made a comment recently about "it's not done until it's signed", which sounds like he's verbally agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think we need to worry about price to much at this point. Ya, I know hes been a good shooter, I meant him being Steph Curry now lol

I think he could be an interesting signing 3/40M? Having him in place of Branham + having Tre on the bench?

Or having him in place of Branham with Reed as the back up guard with Tre starting?
    branham should not by default be part of the equation. he's basically had 2 full seasons of unearned rotation time, i think his scholarship is over. look, if he spends the offseason in the lab and comes back better and having made a 3rd year leap to the point where he brings some juice to the table, sure, make him a part of your calculus. but im not going into anything with "but where does branham fit" in mind.

i think you gotta figure out if you can start allen at the 2 and vassell at the 3 and get away with that, or you just have allen as a reserve 2/3 depending on lineups. my issue is allen feels more like a finishing piece as he's been for pheonix than a foundational piece. id rather get cheaper players to be role player vets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    branham should not by default be part of the equation. he's basically had 2 full seasons of unearned rotation time, i think his scholarship is over. look, if he spends the offseason in the lab and comes back better and having made a 3rd year leap to the point where he brings some juice to the table, sure, make him a part of your calculus. but im not going into anything with "but where does branham fit" in mind.

i think you gotta figure out if you can start allen at the 2 and vassell at the 3 and get away with that, or you just have allen as a reserve 2/3 depending on lineups. my issue is allen feels more like a finishing piece as he's been for pheonix than a foundational piece. id rather get cheaper players to be role player vets
    I can see that - but at some point you have to spend money. Like Collins; highly doubt SA thought he was a foundational piece but I surely would rather have Allen as a bridge player to help move the team forward for a few seasons etc…

Agree on Branham though and virtually all of our team. No one is safe and you take best players and free agents and spurs need to upgrade basically 9 players over the next 2-3 years. My context for brining up Branham was to replace him in this scenario or make him have an actual real leap to earn any minutes moving forward

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah these posters suggesting we build the team around Branham have been driving me crazy!

Thread Information