Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see that - but at some point you have to spend money. Like Collins; highly doubt SA thought he was a foundational piece but I surely would rather have Allen as a bridge player to help move the team forward for a few seasons etc…

Agree on Branham though and virtually all of our team. No one is safe and you take best players and free agents and spurs need to upgrade basically 9 players over the next 2-3 years. My context for brining up Branham was to replace him in this scenario or make him have an actual real leap to earn any minutes moving forward
    ive got no problem spending money on players. im just sayin that if im going to be spending 15mil per year on a player, i'd rather it not be somebody who's aspiration on the team is to be a reserve unless its a playmaking 6th man type. ive been a strong proponent on spending big money and bringing in malik monk. think you could start him w/ vassell and get away with it, or you could have him be the 6th man coming in for either the PG or SG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, you aren't getting Grayson Allen for 3/40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, you aren't getting Grayson Allen for 3/40.
    What do you think it will be? I agree it’s not likely; I was talking from Spurs perspective at what price would make sense. But some contender may opt to give him 4/70M or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think it will be? I agree it’s not likely; I was talking from Spurs perspective at what price would make sense. But some contender may opt to give him 4/70M or something.
    I think 4/64-4/75 is probably the range. At 4/75 his AAV is $18.75MM which is only 13.3% of the projected cap next year, and 10% of the cap in the last year.

3/40 would basically be an MLE contract... Allen is certainly more than an MLE player as a career 40% 3pt shooter.

For comparison, Doug's deal (at age 30, one year older than Allen will be next season) was 3/42, which was 12.23% of the cap in year 1 and 10.11% of the cap in year 3. So if Allen simply got an equivalent contract to Doug (in terms of the cap), it would come out to 3/52. Doug and Allen's stats in the two years before Doug's deal are pretty similar (though Allen's 3p% this year is insane) but Allen is a much better defender. Allen's agent should be able to easily convince teams he's worth more than Doug's deal (though I'm sure Doug won't even come up in conversation).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get me hartenstein to replace Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 4/64-4/75 is probably the range. At 4/75 his AAV is $18.75MM which is only 13.3% of the projected cap next year, and 10% of the cap in the last year.

3/40 would basically be an MLE contract... Allen is certainly more than an MLE player as a career 40% 3pt shooter.

For comparison, Doug's deal (at age 30, one year older than Allen will be next season) was 3/42, which was 12.23% of the cap in year 1 and 10.11% of the cap in year 3. So if Allen simply got an equivalent contract to Doug (in terms of the cap), it would come out to 3/52. Doug and Allen's stats in the two years before Doug's deal are pretty similar (though Allen's 3p% this year is insane) but Allen is a much better defender. Allen's agent should be able to easily convince teams he's worth more than Doug's deal (though I'm sure Doug won't even come up in conversation).
    That makes sense. SA should have a hard line on what they pay players like that too. So prob not a realistic fit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Magic emerging as top suitors for Klay Thompson | Yardbarker

Would Klay be a fit on the Spurs, given our strong need for outside shooting?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Batum doesn't retire this off season, the Spurs should make a run at him. He was so good last night -- changed the game defensively by picking up Jones full court and then nailed clutch three pointers. Maybe the allure of mentoring Victor for a season would appeal to him? He can't play big minutes but he's exactly the kind of veteran that this team needs, and would give them desperately needed outside shooting without breaking the bank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Magic emerging as top suitors for Klay Thompson | Yardbarker

Would Klay be a fit on the Spurs, given our strong need for outside shooting?
    I’ve been questioning this for awhile, I really think the spurs need to bring in a winning vet that can still contribute. A klay Thompson, Khris Middleton, Jrue Holiday type. The price tho that’s the problem

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been questioning this for awhile, I really think the spurs need to bring in a winning vet that can still contribute. A klay Thompson, Khris Middleton, Jrue Holiday type. The price tho that’s the problem
    All 3 of those guys want to ring chase, not play on a rebuilding team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nailed this one. Allen reups with the Suns for 4/70. Would have been a great option, that's a bummer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point guards:
    D'Lo
    Tyus Jones
    Monte Morris

Shooting guards:
    Buddy Hield
    Gary Trent Jr.
    KCP (player option, $15M)
    Gary Harris
    Malik Monk
    De'Anthony Melton
    Josh Okogie (player option, $3M)

Forwards:
    Nicolas Batum
    Royce O'Neale
    Patrick Williams (restricted)
    Isaac Okoro (restricted)
    Saddiq Bey (restricted)
    Derrick Jones Jr.
    Kelly Oubre Jr.
    Tobias Harris
    Kyle Anderson
    Obi Toppin (restricted)
    Dario Saric

Centers:
    Nicolas Claxton
    Isaiah Hartenstein
    Daniel Theis
    Mason Plumlee
    Andre Drummond
    Goga Bitadze

I didn't include older, star players like PG13, Harden, Klay, can't see it happening.
    I also didn't include players involved in Toronto trades, I don't think those trades would've been made if extensions weren't agreed.

D'Lo is such an inconsistent and polarizing player, but as of late he seems to be doing well again.
    Would be a very good fit for Wemby, but I can't see it happening because he'd ask for a lot of money to spend the rest of his prime on a bad team. He probably leaves some money on the table to stay with the Lakers.

Devin will most likely stay, so SG starters aren't relevant. Monk or Buddy off the bench would be nice. I don't think Branham will ever be an NBA player.

Cleveland will have to make some big decisions in the summer and my pick out of all those forward targets would be Okoro. I think he could become a great 3-D wing that's happy to do his job and doesn't try much else.
    Williams would also be a solid option, but he'll most likely ask for way more money.
    If Spurs don't bring anyone in for the wing positions (most likely outcome) other than a rookie, I'd like to see Batum in the veteran leader role.
    I don't think Spurs would pull a move similar to what Rockets did and pay Harris a lot of money for a couple of years. And he's a player I never liked.

Spurs most likely won't get rid of Collins, which is a shame. If you ask me, he must go.
    Bitadze would be a great backup big for cheap. He's got a lot to prove and is way better defensively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point guards:
    D'Lo
    Tyus Jones
    Monte Morris

Shooting guards:
    Buddy Hield
    Gary Trent Jr.
    KCP (player option, $15M)
    Gary Harris
    Malik Monk
    De'Anthony Melton
    Josh Okogie (player option, $3M)

Forwards:
    Nicolas Batum
    Royce O'Neale
    Patrick Williams (restricted)
    Isaac Okoro (restricted)
    Saddiq Bey (restricted)
    Derrick Jones Jr.
    Kelly Oubre Jr.
    Tobias Harris
    Kyle Anderson
    Obi Toppin (restricted)
    Dario Saric

Centers:
    Nicolas Claxton
    Isaiah Hartenstein
    Daniel Theis
    Mason Plumlee
    Andre Drummond
    Goga Bitadze

I didn't include older, star players like PG13, Harden, Klay, can't see it happening.
    I also didn't include players involved in Toronto trades, I don't think those trades would've been made if extensions weren't agreed.

D'Lo is such an inconsistent and polarizing player, but as of late he seems to be doing well again.
    Would be a very good fit for Wemby, but I can't see it happening because he'd ask for a lot of money to spend the rest of his prime on a bad team. He probably leaves some money on the table to stay with the Lakers.

Devin will most likely stay, so SG starters aren't relevant. Monk or Buddy off the bench would be nice. I don't think Branham will ever be an NBA player.

Cleveland will have to make some big decisions in the summer and my pick out of all those forward targets would be Okoro. I think he could become a great 3-D wing that's happy to do his job and doesn't try much else.
    Williams would also be a solid option, but he'll most likely ask for way more money.
    If Spurs don't bring anyone in for the wing positions (most likely outcome) other than a rookie, I'd like to see Batum in the veteran leader role.
    I don't think Spurs would pull a move similar to what Rockets did and pay Harris a lot of money for a couple of years. And he's a player I never liked.

Spurs most likely won't get rid of Collins, which is a shame. If you ask me, he must go.
    Bitadze would be a great backup big for cheap. He's got a lot to prove and is way better defensively.
    I know he's not popular here, but I like D'Lo on this team if we can find a 3D SF or a starting PF who can stretch the floor and move Sochan to the 3..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with Pop, but have you seen how ALL the superstars are coming out for the Olympics this year for USA BBall? When Pop was the coach we had a bunch of pretend stars, even had to have Keldon on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with Pop, but have you seen how ALL the superstars are coming out for the Olympics this year for USA BBall? When Pop was the coach we had a bunch of pretend stars, even had to have Keldon on the team.
    All the stars had already seen the Penguin movie, didn't want to be forced to watch it again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-----------------------they will lose

bunch of old guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO we do not want or need Klanus Thompson.

Now watch Popped go out and offer him 30 for 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know cutewizard could be negative

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay 0 for 10 in eliminating game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if hawks pull there qo offer bey and let him be a free agent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Batum's last year. He stops after the Olympics. No need to include him in the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay 0 for 10 in eliminating game
    most overrated pos pushed down viewers throats...2way player...doesnt defend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're looking at anyone, its players that are asking for 10-12 million or less. I just don't see the spurs making a big splash signing a player or trading for one. A few small to mid sized deals at most. Look for guys that can play defense.

Melton
    Bey
    Okoro
    Saric
    Royce O'Neale
    Slo Mo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice to get Isaac Okoro, young SF that shoots the 3 and plays defense. Has had a few years to develop his 3 point shot which has improved every season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice to get Isaac Okoro, young SF that shoots the 3 and plays defense. Has had a few years to develop his 3 point shot which has improved every season.
    Agreed.
    Too bad he's RFA, I see no reason for Cavs not to match any offer.
    I paid attention to him whenever I watched the Cavs and I watch some more videos yesterday after I made that list and he'd be a perfect fit for any style of play.
    Easily worth the contract Keldon got. Somewhere between 70 and 80 million over 4 years.

Listed at 6'5, but looks and plays bigger. Can guard every perimeter position with ease. Surely a parennial all-defense wing in the making.
    As you said, he keeps improving his shot and if we can get him, he's the best target on that list. Just turned 23, fits the timeline perfectly.

Thread Information