Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any good PG from the list below? Or will Spurs only be able to depend on the Draft for a good PG? Who is willing to join the tanking for 2024-2025 season? Let's get Flagg or Boozer in the 2025 Draft

Notable Free Agents:

Player Option:
    LeBron James
    Paul George
    Kawhi Leonard
    Jrue Holiday

Unrestricted FA:
    Klay Thompson
    Tobias Harris
    James Harden
    Pascal Siakam
    Gordon Hayward
    Kyle Lowry
    DeMar DeRozan
    Buddy Hield
    Mike Conley
    Nicolas Batum
    Patrick Beverley

Ex-Spurs:
    Doug McDermott
    Kyle Anderson
    Cedi Osman
    Patty Mills
    Cory Joseph
    Chimezie Metu
    Lonnie Walker IV
    Luka Samanic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any good PG from the list below? Or will Spurs only be able to depend on the Draft for a good PG? Who is willing to join the tanking for 2024-2025 season? Let's get Flagg or Boozer in the 2025 Draft

Notable Free Agents:

Player Option:
    LeBron James
    Paul George
    Kawhi Leonard
    Jrue Holiday

Unrestricted FA:
    Klay Thompson
    Tobias Harris
    James Harden
    Pascal Siakam
    Gordon Hayward
    Kyle Lowry
    DeMar DeRozan
    Buddy Hield
    Mike Conley
    Nicolas Batum
    Patrick Beverley

Ex-Spurs:
    Doug McDermott
    Kyle Anderson
    Cedi Osman
    Patty Mills
    Cory Joseph
    Chimezie Metu
    Lonnie Walker IV
    Luka Samanic
    That's a fairly depressing list... I doubt we bring any of those in..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FA is overrated these days. The name of the game is trades. Like for a PG what would it cost to pry Cade from DET, Garland from CLE, Ivey from DET, Giddy from OKC, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess only pascal throw all the money at him if we haven’t spent it all on zack and some other bum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quickley
    Anounoby
    Claxton

that's about it and I'd be happy if we get one of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty 50 Mills!

Pull the f’ing trigger Pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly bringing Patty back wouldn't be a bad decision. He left to try to get a ring and unfortunately that hasn't worked out for him. We need vet leadership and who better to do that than Patty?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quickley
    Anounoby
    Claxton

that's about it and I'd be happy if we get one of them
    at this point i'd take speedy claxton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Bronny James to get Lebron is the quickest way to get the best possible vet leader. He’d be an incredible mentor to Wemby with recent championship experience. ST would hate the circus, but with Wemby it would be Cirque De Soliel(sp)

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    he kinda sucks overall but tbh wouldnt mind Beverly. Spurs are a bunch of pansies and could use someone like him on the bench

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he kinda sucks overall but tbh wouldnt mind Beverly. Spurs are a bunch of pansies and could use someone like him on the bench
    It's funny because Sochan has that same kind of dirty reputation according to other NBA players supposedly. But minus the defensive talent of Beverly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FA is overrated these days. The name of the game is trades. Like for a PG what would it cost to pry Cade from DET, Garland from CLE, Ivey from DET, Giddy from OKC, etc
    Giddey is immpossible to get - OKC is not trading him, Pop is not gonna try to trade for "scandalous" dude.

I wouldnt mind DeRozan back, but he is not the solution, or missing link. Just solid vet, who can still play

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey is immpossible to get - OKC is not trading him, Pop is not gonna try to trade for "scandalous" dude.

I wouldnt mind DeRozan back, but he is not the solution, or missing link. Just solid vet, who can still play
    Giddey is clearly already being phased out because he can't fill a 3 and D role with their big 3 nor keep the offense afloat in non Gilgeous-Alexander moments.

If/when they make a significant trade, it's all but certain he'll be packaged with some of their draft equity for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not going to be name brand

I could see them getting say a Taurean Prince type wing guy if Doug/Cedi are gone and a Melton or Wright type ballhandler depth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Giddey isn't fitting in with their offense and is the odd man out there already. I'd love to get him and his trade stock is in the toilet right now but I can't picture OKC doing a trade knowing they'll be rivals if the Spurs can get their together and put a team around Victor, and Giddey would be a great start towards that.

Also seems like he broke off the relationship with the underage girl and reported it to the team when he found she wasn't 18. Doesn't seem like anything's going to come of it other than a payday for the girl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey is a nice player but he doesn't fit what OKC needs from that spot anymore. with Jalen Williams becoming the secondary ball-hander on the starting unit, and Cason Wallace coming along, spacing, transition O, and defense matters more than the playmaking Giddey provides

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t followed a ton but what I have seen from Giddey has me feeling like he’s already nearing his peak. I just don’t see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't mind Hayward as a major upgrade to the Cedi/Doug role. If we don't get a starting SF some other way, he could also nicely fill that role and allow Keldon to continue to be the 6th man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've liked heyward for a long time, but would really be an uninspired signing. he'd definitely be an upgrade to osman, and obviously, champagnie, but i imagine he'd probably want to find some smaller role on a contender at this point, unless we overpaid to land him the same way we did mcdermott. he also hasnt cleared 53 games in a season for 5 years now

i like the player. but like batum, just feels like the ship has sailed. he turns 34 soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the FA market in 2024 looks pretty grim. malik monk is a guy i like but he wouldnt be that cheap.

monte morris is another name i like but he's a backup PG type like devonte graham

Tyus jones is also ok, but again, not exactly reaching for the stars there. he at least has a functional jump shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've liked heyward for a long time, but would really be an uninspired signing. he'd definitely be an upgrade to osman, and obviously, champagnie, but i imagine he'd probably want to find some smaller role on a contender at this point, unless we overpaid to land him the same way we did mcdermott. he also hasnt cleared 53 games in a season for 5 years now

i like the player. but like batum, just feels like the ship has sailed. he turns 34 soon.
    Yeah I think Hayward maybe wanting to make a run would be an issue. To me, something like a 2/20 deal for Hayward would fit nicely for us.... but after 7 straight years of making $30MM, he might tell us to go F ourselves at that offer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the FA market in 2024 looks pretty grim. malik monk is a guy i like but he wouldnt be that cheap.

monte morris is another name i like but he's a backup PG type like devonte graham

Tyus jones is also ok, but again, not exactly reaching for the stars there. he at least has a functional jump shot
    Yeah with Quickley and Anunoby off the market it's pretty awful. Would be good for a contending team with capspace like OKC considering all the quality late career vets (thankfully they can't clear enough capspace to make a run at Kawhi) but for a rebuilding team ouch. Bringing DeRozan back might be the best option but doubt he'd sign a two year deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Bronny James to get Lebron is the quickest way to get the best possible vet leader. He’d be an incredible mentor to Wemby with recent championship experience. ST would hate the circus, but with Wemby it would be Cirque De Soliel(sp)
    No. Do not need that James show drama. Also don’t need him trying to spirit Wemby to Klutch, and away from SA. Wemby’s agent is one of the strongest cards in the Spurs hand.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyus Jones is someone I would look at. A reliable vet PG (in the game manager mode), who has enough of a 3 pt shot to be respectable. Maybe he can teach Tre to shoot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed on Monte Morris as that ballhandler guy

Along the same lines and maybe more so than the Melton/Wright suggestions of mine but it's just at the mercy of the names available

Was kinda hoping Spurs would go after Morris in the offseason since I think he was possibly available in that Wizards shuffle up last summer

Thread Information