Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give the Spurs credit for L number 20 tonight already. A 15 point third quarter deficit might as well be 40 when you don't play a point guard and do play Malakai Branham. So let's count down to 74 losses and see if we can beat the 72-73 Sixers.

Magic number is 54.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give the Spurs credit for L number 20 tonight already. A 15 point third quarter deficit might as well be 40 when you don't play a point guard and do play Malakai Branham. So let's count down to 74 losses and see if we can beat the 72-73 Sixers.

Magic number is 54.
    at this rate we’re gonna get all 54 at one time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks game and the game last night give me some hope that this team will win a few more, but yeah, that record is certainly in jeopardy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that suggests an element of Tanking for Topić is that Devonte’ Graham can’t sniff the court.

Playing Sochan and Branham at PG smells more like trying to evaluate whether or not to keep them and what their roles might be going forward than it does trying to win games.

It also smells like trying to figure out what Wembanyama can do with his raw talent (though I question the wisdom of making him operate without a functional offensive system).

I suspect, though, in the second half of the season the experimentation will end and we’ll see more lineups that make sense, like a Jones/Graham PG rotation. This also will help sell a narrative of improvement and hope, even though the team will end up with just 20 or so wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that suggests an element of Tanking for Topić is that Devonte’ Graham can’t sniff the court.

Playing Sochan and Branham at PG smells more like trying to evaluate whether or not to keep them and what their roles might be going forward than it does trying to win games.

It also smells like trying to figure out what Wembanyama can do with his raw talent (though I question the wisdom of making him operate without a functional offensive system).

I suspect, though, in the second half of the season the experimentation will end and we’ll see more lineups that make sense, like a Jones/Graham PG rotation. This also will help sell a narrative of improvement and hope, even though the team will end up with just 20 or so wins.
    Totally agree that Pop is doing a half season experiment, however you're only going to win so many games with rookies and marginal talent anyway. Pop should have learned that lesson decades ago. Sneaky old fart isn't fooling anyone unless you're really gullible.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is beyond tanking. This is worst team of all time territory. You don’t get to that point without massive incompetence

Thread Information