Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd target Ty Lue, Bud, Will Hardy, and Spo. I know all but one are under contract, but that can be navigated. I'd bet all would be tempted by a long term contract and opportunity to coach Wemby.

In my view the Spurs front office (under Wright) is top ten in the league in terms of transactions. The Murray and White deals were very strong. The DeRozan and Poeltl deals were better than anyone would have expected at the time. The 2030 swap for Reggie Bullock was excellent. They extracted maximum value for also-ran Josh Richardson. Etc... But the talent evaluation under Wright looks average: Jones, Vassell and Sochan are good picks, but Haliburton would have been preferable to Vassell and Jalen Williams, Jalen Duran, and, perhaps, Tari Eason would have be preferable to Sochan. Branham is tbd. Wesley and Primo are misses. So I'd keep Wright, but shore up the talent evaluators around him. Seems like improving the f.o. staff is a better option than replacing it.

There are a number of trades I'd make for Keldon Johnson IF it returned a reasonable contract and unprotected projected lottery picks and swaps between '25-27. I'm not at all interested in packaging Johnson plus picks for a win-now vet. I'd rather grow patiently around Vic and increase our odds of landing Cooper Flagg or AJ Dybantsa.

I'd take on bad money for unprotected picks. For example, LaVine if Chicago completely lifted protections on '25 and provided something else.

Big picture: I'd set the over/under at 5 for players currently on roster who will still be on the team when Wemby is eligible for an extension. I'd take the under. The Spurs shouldn't rush this. The Spurs eventual second and third best player next to Wemby are yet to be drafted.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First step: make big changes
    Second step: listen to the fan base ridicule all of your decisions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs need a coach who wemby approves, who other team front offices don't hold grudges over, who's offensive and defensive schemes work for wemby. Pop clears wemby approval, has a few grudges, and hasn't developed a scheme for him (if he had one he;s not going to publicize it ) . this is why i don't care about POP because the front office to tell him to coach harder if they chose. So it's a choice to let victor freelance until we get better talent i guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im hiring coach bud

if im also managing the team, as chinook already said, i'm going to play both Tre and Graham and have very few minutes without either of them on the floor. im benching branham. would love to see some minutes with mamu and wemby on the floor together as well. i know mamu's D is atrocious, but he's somebody who drives and passes with purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also if the warriors decide they're collapsing, id still call to take on CP3 in the offseason

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hire Steve Kerr and Bob Myers if possible. I trust that combo. Myers is unemployed. Kerr hopefully is looking for his next move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm quite enjoying it, tbh.

Could be worse. You could be Detroit
    That's every city's motto

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hire Steve Kerr and Bob Myers if possible. I trust that combo. Myers is unemployed. Kerr hopefully is looking for his next move.
    Why because they lucked into a pseudo dynasty?

Curry's early career wonky ankles suppressing his value, an unprecedented cap e and their core + Durant being insecure, gutless worms, not interested in earning their hardware, paved the way for the middle two.

Meanwhile, throughout they benefitted from unprecedented opponent injury luck.

Check their draft record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the outrage. Spurs are a mortal lock for a Top 3 pick now and despite how awful they are Wemby looks way ahead of schedule and other NBA talent is taking notice. FAs and ring-chasers would probably jump at the chance to play with this kid in a year or two.

Let Pop fall on the sword this season but keep the losing going strong. Package the draft capital for a prized FA or draft your next PG.

They were never going to compete this year, so why be this upset about it. Wemby is already a lock to break several rookie records and win ROY, so no need to course correct till EoS.
    I'm down with what this Laker fan said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Draft Topic at #2 and Dunn at #9
    2) Move Keldon for two distant FRPs
    3) Trade for Deandre Hunter usin
    4) Renounce rest of chaff
    5) Pick up 2 new solid vets
    6) start Tre-DV- Hunter-sochan-VW
    7) Make play-in