Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond would have gotten his ass kicked in the 80's and early 90's. Had he played around teams like the bad boy Pistons they would have annihilated him. He's technically a punk that bullies now that the league is soft. He'd of been pancaked back in the day.

But yeah, three ejections in his last 28 or so games played, so something needed to be done. He didn't even do a good job faking the "accidental" contact with Nurkic. At least be a man...that was punk on Draymond's part, even for him.
    The Pistons only had 3 guys who could retaliate , Mahorn, Edwards and a few years later Darell Walker
    Laimbeer and Rodman were just instigators and cheap shot artists

80s-90s NBA had tons of fake tough guys , let's not romanticize the past

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess in retrospect Andre Iguodala was essentially a player-coach for GSW, and with him gone Steve Kerr has no control over his team.
    Apparently Curry doesn't command the same sort of respect with Green that Jordan did with Rodman. The only time Rodman kept his idiocy in check in his career is when he played with the Bulls, and early on with the Pistons. Dennis feared the true alphas like MJ. Draymond must not respect his teammates too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pistons only had 3 guys who could retaliate , Mahorn, Edwards and a few years later Darell Walker
    Laimbeer and Rodman were just instigators and cheap shot artists

80s-90s NBA had tons of fake tough guys , let's not romanticize the past
    Draymond's antics would have been a side note in that era. Someone got punched or tackled almost every night. The only reason Draymond is as newsworthy as he is is that the league is all about trading jerseys and kissing after games now. That era at least still embraced some rivalries. I remember Gervin talking about how much they hated certain teams. It's true that basketball players historically haven't been true tough guys like you'd get from, say, hockey, but the past was definitely more fun from the perspective of guys getting amped up for certain games, and aggression wasn't as taboo as it is now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone got punched or tackled almost every night. .
    According to highlight compilations, yes

But no, nobody was getting assaulted every night in the NBA back then
    They also called a lot of soft fouls and flopping was already a thing

But I do agree on the lack of rivalries today, back in the days a regular season game between Pacers and Knicks at MSG generated a buzz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Curry doesn't command the same sort of respect with Green that Jordan did with Rodman. The only time Rodman kept his idiocy in check in his career is when he played with the Bulls, and early on with the Pistons. Dennis feared the true alphas like MJ. Draymond must not respect his teammates too much.
    Rodman said on record that it was Daly and KFC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman said on record that it was Daly and KFC.
    Yep it was Daly and KFC , they were good ego managers tbh

Jordan was great but his fans want us to believe he made Pippen (lol), he handled Rodman, etc
    They probably think he invented basketball while he was walking on water

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't fall for this "indefinite" garbage...

Dumars and Green are good friends and this is a smokescreen to help out the warriors and play it by ear if the warriors can stay in the hunt - then Green will be unleashed again and will absolutely return to his cowardly dirty play -

if the warriors tank then maybe Dumars and the NBA will run a pr campaign to rehab the donkey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't fall for this "indefinite" garbage...

Dumars and Green are good friends and this is a smokescreen to help out the warriors and play it by ear if the warriors can stay in the hunt - then Green will be unleashed again and will absolutely return to his cowardly dirty play -

if the warriors tank then maybe Dumars and the NBA will run a pr campaign to rehab the donkey
    I'd still be surprised if he is suspended for less than 10 games.

NBA already set the precedent during his last suspension by saying his past transgressions were taken into consideration, and that was only 5 games for literally trying to choke a dude out on national television.

During that suspension, Dray went on his podcast and said he didn't care and he's still just gonna do what he does. He actually tried to play it like he was the victim.

Then less than 6 games back, he commits another violent act and gets ejected again. So obviously, he isn't getting the message.

I know Adam Silver doesn't have any balls, but the NBA almost has to make an example of him at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd still be surprised if he is suspended for less than 10 games.

NBA already set the precedent during his last suspension by saying his past transgressions were taken into consideration, and that was only 5 games for literally trying to choke a dude out on national television.

During that suspension, Dray went on his podcast and said he didn't care and he's still just gonna do what he does. He actually tried to play it like he was the victim.

Then less than 6 games back, he commits another violent act and gets ejected again. So obviously, he isn't getting the message.

I know Adam Silver doesn't have any balls, but the NBA almost has to make an example of him at this point.
    I agree with this. At some point it becomes a liability issue for the league. If he does something that causes serious long term injury to a player, the league could be on the hook as being negligent and open itself up to massive lawsuit if it's proven to have known about all of draymond's issues while continuously giving him slaps on the wrist. Even from a legal standpoint, the league needs to protect itself from that and at least give the appearance that it's sending a message.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Just Draymond trying to get out of playing for the majority of a losing season. Looks like it earned him a lot of "Draymond needs to get help" sentiment, at least publicly.
    Adam Silver needs to Tony Soprano someone to show he means business. Right now folks are walking all over him.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond has been a dirty player for a long time. The Warriors organization, NBA and media have all been enablers of his behavior by being so soft and “understanding” to him. He’s not a tough guy or a fighter, he’s a cheap shot taker.

I don’t and nobody should care if the team was winning. He’s been putting other people’s health and livelihood at risk and going off of what playing basketball is. Players like him should be rigorously punished and kicked off the league when it’s clear their behavior continues.

if he actually needs therapy, find it it early as part of the corrective process.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this. At some point it becomes a liability issue for the league. If he does something that causes serious long term injury to a player, the league could be on the hook as being negligent and open itself up to massive lawsuit if it's proven to have known about all of draymond's issues while continuously giving him slaps on the wrist. Even from a legal standpoint, the league needs to protect itself from that and at least give the appearance that it's sending a message.
    Correct. I don’t see how it’s been so hard for them or taken them so long. It would easily demonstrable that his actions are aggressive and unnecessary and that the authorities involved knew and didn’t do enough.

All the “challenges he faces”, “needs help” talk is also irritating. It’s probably true, but it seems intended to continue caressing his back after all his violent behavior.

This is without mentioning his constant screaming to the refs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just Draymond trying to get out of playing for the majority of a losing season. Looks like it earned him a lot of "Draymond needs to get help" sentiment, at least publicly.
    Adam Silver needs to Tony Soprano someone to show he means business. Right now folks are walking all over him.
    He doesn’t get paid. I calculate Ja’s suspension, and he lost about $10M for his 25 game suspension. There’s some thought that Draymonds could be that long. Even if it isn’t that long, and he doesn’t make as much, it’s still millions. You don’t do that to take a break in the middle of the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see it now. He gets suspended for 25 games and the woke crowd starts complaining that Bridges beat on a woman and got 10 games. Are NBA players more important than women? Of course, we all know the answer to that...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think it's dependent on how much Draymond apologizes through the media. In the end, it's all about PR and optics.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I still think it's dependent on how much Draymond apologizes through the media. In the end, it's all about PR and optics.
    The suspension got more widespread press than the incident. The incident would have gone by pretty fast if Draymond only got a slap on the wrist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An amazing defender that was a core part of a historic franchise, but will be remembered as a donkey.

Thread Information