Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the guy as a person, but c'mon.... Does someone see anything that I am not?

I was disappointed in the pick when drafted because I do not see the value in a player that struggles to score. His last 3 games he has scored 4, 7 and 5. I havent seen any improvement in his game at all. Please correct, or counsel me if I am in error. I'm just not seeing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering Kyle Anderson made a career, Sochan will. So just think Kyle Anderson back then, but faster and sneaky athletic. What will Sochan turn into? We don't know yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's some people in here who really highly rate him and I don't see why either. Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass, has bad court vision, misses open team-mates in scoring positions, average rebounder and overrated Defender. There's not much he does that impresses me. I was shocked when he had 30 piece the other week and I though ' maybe I'm wrong and he has game' and he has proceeded that Performance with utter . It doesn't help that the most overrated coach in history is trying to make him something he has no skillset for. Since his 30 piece he's had 13 on 4/13, 6 on 3/10, 4 on 2/6, 7 on 3/11 and 5 on 2/9 shooting. Defence is overrated with 0.3bpg and 0.7spg, both down from last year. Also his subpar PG play is making life harder for everyone else including Wemby. I don't see the fascination homer fans have for him. Wow he dyes his hair like an idiot, wow he's the new rodman. No just no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already his FT’s are up at 75% since he switched to one-hand. His 3pt at 36%. His assists at 4.6. These are all better last year. TO’s are higher understandably as he learns to facilitate. Sochan is a glue-guy who does multiple things. He’s shown he can score. What he needs to learn is WHEN to takeover. I think they are still finding the balance how many touches each player get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the guy as a person, but c'mon.... Does someone see anything that I am not?

I was disappointed in the pick when drafted because I do not see the value in a player that struggles to score. His last 3 games he has scored 4, 7 and 5. I havent seen any improvement in his game at all. Please correct, or counsel me if I am in error. I'm just not seeing it.
    2022 tiers
    Tier 1
    1. Paolo Banchero
    2. Jabari Smith
    3. Chet Holmgren
    4. Jaden Ivey
    Tier 2
    5. Keegan Murray
    6. Benedict Mathurin
    7. Jalen Duren
    8. Dyson Daniels
    9. Johnny Davis
    Tier 3
    10. Shaedon Sharpe
    11. Jalen Williams
    12. Ousmane Dieng
    13. Jeremy Sochan

I had him #13 in that draft on my board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is going to be amazing coming off the bench in a couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is going to be amazing coming off the bench in a couple years.
    Now this I can see. But starting? Naaaaaaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im concerned because he's been an average at best defender. he also has seemingly forgotten how to play off the ball on offense even though that's where he made himself an impact player as a rookie. but if he's not going to be a difference making defender, thats a big red flag for his career outlook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already his FT’s are up at 75% since he switched to one-hand. His 3pt at 36%. His assists at 4.6. These are all better last year. TO’s are higher understandably as he learns to facilitate. Sochan is a glue-guy who does multiple things. He’s shown he can score. What he needs to learn is WHEN to takeover. I think they are still finding the balance how many touches each player get.
    Thank you. He's gotten better in important areas, despite having to take a bunch of "steps back" as he started learning an entirely new and different skillset this season.

What will come out of it? Probably a player who's a bit of a PG and a nominal PF. Luckily for us, those players have skyrocketed in value in the modern league. There's little downside to the experiment (unless you're in the "he might forget how to rebound!!!" camp), and so much to gain. But people expect linear and consistent progression/growth which is so unrealistic for learning... anything at all, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can be huge for us. Last year prior to Pop messing with this guy's game, he was a glue guy, hustler, full of intangibles, agitator, occasional big play maker when the moment was chaotic, and hardly ever looked for his shot in a "my touches" type manner. That version of JS did not expect any real plays being run for him so the guy relied on instinct and an at ude that he needed to make a hustle play if he wanted to be impactful. Even his passing... people here are starting to say his court vision is bad but imo that's being said based of this Pop FUBAR of a strategy with him. He could make pretty damn good passes in chaotic situations.

If your vision of a great player on a great team means a offensive centered player, then JC is not the guy. There's only 1 ball and 5 egos... maybe 4 if someone like Sochan is playing like he did last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think "sochan" is french for "shouldn't be on the roster".

Someone can check me on that, but I'm pretty certain that translation is spot on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's some people in here who really highly rate him and I don't see why either. Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass, has bad court vision, misses open team-mates in scoring positions, average rebounder and overrated Defender. There's not much he does that impresses me. I was shocked when he had 30 piece the other week and I though ' maybe I'm wrong and he has game' and he has proceeded that Performance with utter . It doesn't help that the most overrated coach in history is trying to make him something he has no skillset for. Since his 30 piece he's had 13 on 4/13, 6 on 3/10, 4 on 2/6, 7 on 3/11 and 5 on 2/9 shooting. Defence is overrated with 0.3bpg and 0.7spg, both down from last year. Also his subpar PG play is making life harder for everyone else including Wemby. I don't see the fascination homer fans have for him. Wow he dyes his hair like an idiot, wow he's the new rodman. No just no.
    I can see why you were banned from S/R. You’re like the J Sochan of SpursTalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think "sochan" is french for "shouldn't be on the roster".

Someone can check me on that, but I'm pretty certain that translation is spot on.
    Pretty sure it is alors merde

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you. He's gotten better in important areas, despite having to take a bunch of "steps back" as he started learning an entirely new and different skillset this season.

What will come out of it? Probably a player who's a bit of a PG and a nominal PF. Luckily for us, those players have skyrocketed in value in the modern league. There's little downside to the experiment (unless you're in the "he might forget how to rebound!!!" camp), and so much to gain. But people expect linear and consistent progression/growth which is so unrealistic for learning... anything at all, tbh.
    All these words just to say he's a nice back up big man

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering Kyle Anderson made a career, Sochan will. So just think Kyle Anderson back then, but faster and sneaky athletic. What will Sochan turn into? We don't know yet.
    I was never an Anderson fan, but he always graded out well analytically as a plus defender (more so as a playmaker or "event creator" than man defender) /rebounder and connective ball handler/passer offensively.

Sochan never has. People have this false perception of him because he vaguely resembles Rodman as a Spur.

He's a monument to this organization's inep ude as they continue to ignore analytics and base things off their jaundice (narrow minded definition of what a Spur "should be") eye test.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these words just to say he's a nice back up big man
    Ha. No, I thought it was a nuanced response. I do think he's struggling to adjust to these massive changes though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    slomo wasnt really productive for us until year 4, at which point he was 24 yo (sochan is currently 20), and was only in a role as big as he was because it was the year nephew was ghosting the club. he wasnt bad before then, he just had a very minimal role

his minutes were much less frequent in his first 3 years, usually playing around 15mpg, which for reference is about what champagnie/mcdermott have been getting this year. if sochan was playing half the minutes he is now, and was much more of a hustle player, he'd probably look better in that kind of role, too.

my biggest concern with sochan is he doesnt look like a plus defender, which slomo always was, and which was supposed to be sochan's calling card

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Sochan to be Spurs Aaron Gordon…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our scouting sucks, we need to go back to international players.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO fluffers fooled the masses that he was a good defender because he painted his hair like Rodman

He's the worst defender in the starting lineup. Worse than Branham. That linsanity run he had shooting 3's is over as well. Rightfully the worst player in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think Sochans knee is messed up, he’s looked slow and rarely finishes above the rim this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea I’m not sure what’s going on with Sochan. He’s been terrible and his defense has basically been nonexistent for a couple weeks now, and really for most of our games thus far.

But worse than that, he looks totally disengaged to me. I mentioned yesterday in the game thread that I thought maybe Pop’s PG experiment with him has ed with his head/confidence, cause it definitely appears to have tbh. Sochan used to be the brightest personality on the team along with Keldon, and he just looks absolutely miserable lately, both on an off the court, and it’s almost certainly because he’s been playing terribly.

Sochan is also big on social media unfortunately. He spends a lot of time on IG and Twitter. He’s always posting to his IG story and “liking” Tweets. I guarantee he keeps reading all the constant negative remarks about him on those apps, and I bet it’s getting to his head tbh. 20 year-olds typically don’t handle like that very well. Think he’s in his own head right now more than anything, because while Sochan is far from a great player, he’s also not nearly as bad as he’s played this past month tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was never an Anderson fan, but he always graded out well analytically as a plus defender (more so as a playmaker or "event creator" than man defender) /rebounder and connective ball handler/passer offensively.

Sochan never has. People have this false perception of him because he vaguely resembles Rodman as a Spur.

He's a monument to this organization's inep ude as they continue to ignore analytics and base things off their jaundice (narrow minded definition of what a Spur "should be") eye test.
    Look at Kyle's first 3 seasons. You can't compared Kyle now or in his prime compared to Sochan. It's really embarrassing how fans write off young players then build up busts. Young players are on different time lines. Look at draymond greens second season. The guy was 22 years old when drafted.

Just enjoy the ride. Sochan will have a successful nba career as a 9th overall pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea I’m not sure what’s going on with Sochan. He’s been terrible and his defense has basically been nonexistent for a couple weeks now, and really for most of our games thus far.

But worse than that, he looks totally disengaged to me. I mentioned yesterday in the game thread that I thought maybe Pop’s PG experiment with him has ed with his head/confidence, cause it definitely appears to have tbh. Sochan used to be the brightest personality on the team along with Keldon, and he just looks absolutely miserable lately, both on an off the court, and it’s almost certainly because he’s been playing terribly.

Sochan is also big on social media unfortunately. He spends a lot of time on IG and Twitter. He’s always posting to his IG story and “liking” Tweets. I guarantee he keeps reading all the constant negative remarks about him on those apps, and I bet it’s getting to his head tbh. 20 year-olds typically don’t handle like that very well. Think he’s in his own head right now more than anything, because while Sochan is far from a great player, he’s also not nearly as bad as he’s played this past month tbh.
    Disagree on his defense. Second years don't get asked to mark the best guards in the NBA. He'll get torched by players but he is guarding the best.

And your speculating on his at ude. These players get sports psychologists to deal internet trolls and a stretch of bad play, loses etc to reduce their mental health.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop really did no favors for Sochan having him run point unless it was for him to work on ball skills to make him a better PF in the future. I still like him I just want to see him play PF for the remaining season and see what we have at the end.

Thread Information