Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone NOT glad about this?
    The media seems pretty upset about it. The last few days I have heard them say stuff like the Warriors dynasty must be saved and that it will be sad if it ends prematurely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media seems pretty upset about it. The last few days I have heard them say stuff like the Warriors dynasty must be saved and that it will be sad if it ends prematurely.
    Given his history, there would be nothing more fitting than Draymond's stupid ass being the reason everything falls apart with Golden State.

Got suspended in the Finals which pretty much cost them a ring.

Ran KD out of town.

Punched a teammate in practice, and continues to assault opponents on a regular basis.

Not to mention his constant ing to the refs which they just let go for some reason. Meanwhile, they hand out techs to other guys if they clap wrong or look at them dirty

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given his history, there would be nothing more fitting than Draymond's stupid ass being the reason everything falls apart with Golden State.

Got suspended in the Finals which pretty much cost them a ring.

Ran KD out of town.

Punched a teammate in practice, and continues to assault opponents on a regular basis.

Not to mention his constant ing to the refs which they just let go for some reason. Meanwhile, they hand out techs to other guys if they clap wrong or look at them dirty
    And all that after signing a 4/100 contract. The gift that keeps on giving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Encouraging to see how many STers see the Warriors for exactly what they were and are.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really dislike Klay or Stephen or Iggy. Draymond is so smart when he's doing analysis that he's hard to dislike. On the court, he's the embodiment of what people used to accuse Bruce Bowen of being: a guy who intentionally tries to hurt people. Remember when Draymond kicked like four different guys in the nuts claiming his knee going up was a natural motion?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This thread

I always liked Curry and Thompson, especially together. Green added a toughness that those two didn't bring, but they brought finesse. I didn't think they needed Durant, wouldn't walk away from him but they were doing fine without him. I feel like the addition of Durant might have damaged Curry's trajectory even though he's a superstar.

But no, I have no reason to care that the Warriors have more or fewer rings than SA. It does nothing for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I hated them and their astounding arrogance, I'll always be grateful that they kept Bron from winning 2 more rings tbh.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't really dislike Klay or Stephen or Iggy. Draymond is so smart when he's doing analysis that he's hard to dislike. On the court, he's the embodiment of what people used to accuse Bruce Bowen of being: a guy who intentionally tries to hurt people. Remember when Draymond kicked like four different guys in the nuts claiming his knee going up was a natural motion?
    I don't remember Bowen punching his teammate and ing up the team chemistry, or running off the stars, or ting on the team during crucial stretches by his antics. Antics are fine for enforcers but timing is everything and his exhibited lack of situational awareness betrays his supposed IQ.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this thread is way to premature,,,the warriors arent dead yet,,,,they still got some years left in 'em. And as far as rings go, Warriors may not have 5 rings but they did something the Spurs never could and that is repeat and defend their le,,,,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this thread is way to premature,,,the warriors arent dead yet,,,,they still got some years left in 'em. And as far as rings go, Warriors may not have 5 rings but they did something the Spurs never could and that is repeat and defend their le,,,,
    They are done. Klay is washed. He reminds me of Kobe post 2013. Klay was a huge reason why they were able to win les. They can't replace what he used to bring them. As for their back-to-back I don't respect it. Imagine if the Spurs were able to pair Dirk or KG with the big 3 during the early 00's. That's essentially what they did with getting KD.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are done. Klay is washed. He reminds me of Kobe post 2013. Klay was a huge reason why they were able to win les. They can't replace what he used to bring them. As for their back-to-back I don't respect it. Imagine if the Spurs were able to pair Dirk or KG with the big 3 during the early 00's. That's essentially what they did with getting KD.
    Spurs had a big 4 just like the Warriors,,,,Bruce Bowen was the Spurs version of Draymond Green,,,,followed by the other big 3.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I hated them and their astounding arrogance, I'll always be grateful that they kept Bron from winning 2 more rings tbh.
    if 2017 Nephew did not get ZaZa-ed, I think Spurs would win against Cavs (assuming Spurs beat GSW with a fully healthy Nephew).

2018...Houston have peak Harden + CP3 which forced game 7 with GSW. I think Lebron and Cavs still would not win easily if Houston or Spurs advance to the Finals to face them.

So Lebron still might not have win 2 more rings even if GSW did not appear in the finals. The west were still strong.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if 2017 Nephew did not get ZaZa-ed, I think Spurs would win against Cavs (assuming Spurs beat GSW with a fully healthy Nephew).

2018...Houston have peak Harden + CP3 which forced game 7 with GSW. I think Lebron and Cavs still would not win easily if Houston or Spurs advance to the Finals to face them.

So Lebron still might not have win 2 more rings even if GSW did not appear in the finals. The west were still strong.

Lebron won in 2016 only because he played against the Warriors that had awful wing and interior defense.
    2016 Spurs and OKC beat those Cavs with ease.

While we're at hating, 2015 Warriors had ridiculous injury luck.
    Russ went down before the payoffs, CP3 injured himself while taking the Spurs out, Cavs were down to Lebron+scrubs.

2016 they choked and then got KD.
    Most overrated dynasty of all time.

Even with KD it took Zaza and then Rockets choking hard a year later for them to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much destroyed a generation of American youth basketball. All the best players are going to be European.
    AAU was broken long before the warriors run. Kids have been team hopping to avoid coaching for decades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron won in 2016 only because he played against the Warriors that had awful wing and interior defense.

Russ went down before the payoffs, CP3 injured himself while taking the Spurs out, Cavs were down to Lebron+scrubs.

Even with KD it took Zaza and then Rockets choking hard a year later for them to win.
    Their last le kinda proved they were legit. But those Durant years were frustrating. We missed Curry in his prime run that team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had a big 4 just like the Warriors,,,,Bruce Bowen was the Spurs version of Draymond Green,,,,followed by the other big 3.
    Warriors original 4 was Steph, Klay, Dray, Iggy vs Spurs original 4 of Tim, Manu, Tony, Bowen. I would take the Spurs original 4 over the Warriors original 4. Now when the Warriors add KD to their big 4 that's the huge game changer. Imagine if the Spurs were able to add Dirk or KG to their original 4 and they would have easily won back-to-back. The Warriors failed to win back-to-back with their original 4 and would have never achieved it without KD and hence why I don't respect their back-to-back les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another point is Raymond will also be inducted into HOF due to the 4 rings even though he only put up triple single numbers

Tbh he got really exposed in the 2020 seasons when Klay and Steph was out. Without the splash bros, he is really nothing.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another point is Raymond will also be inducted into HOF due to the 4 rings even though he only put up triple single numbers

Tbh he got really exposed in the 2020 seasons when Klay and Steph was out. Without the splash bros, he is really nothing.
    If Silver really wants to hit Draymond where it hurts, give him only a short suspension but say he's permanently ineligible for the Hall of Fame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re in the lottery right now, with no chance to get into the top 4 to keep the pick, so they don’t even have that.

They’re a lottery team with everyone pretty healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rings don’t get you into the hall. Bowen has 3, and Horry has 7. No one talks about them going into the hall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rings don’t get you into the hall. Bowen has 3, and Horry has 7. No one talks about them going into the hall.
    Dray is different tier from Bowen and Horry.

Dray is the glue guy, high bball IQ, DPOY, anchor of GSW def, main play maker for GSW. He is generally recognised as part of the big 3 of GSW core (drafted and only play for GSW).

So his induction to HOF is automatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dray is different tier from Bowen and Horry.

Dray is the glue guy, high bball IQ, DPOY, anchor of GSW def, main play maker for GSW. He is generally recognised as part of the big 3 of GSW core (drafted and only play for GSW).

So his induction to HOF is automatic.
    Bowen, maybe, but Horry has it all over him, being the clutch and glue guy on 3 different teams, spanning 7 championships. HOF is also voted on, and don't think that his shennanigans won't be a factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Th 2016 Warriors won 73 games and had the unanimous MVP

They have ZERO excuse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their last le kinda proved they were legit. But those Durant years were frustrating. We missed Curry in his prime run that team.
    And Lebron probably wins a couple more rings if those gots don't get together

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember Bowen punching his teammate and ing up the team chemistry, or running off the stars, or ting on the team during crucial stretches by his antics. Antics are fine for enforcers but timing is everything and his exhibited lack of situational awareness betrays his supposed IQ.
    I just mean on the court, but you are correct. Bruce was the consummate professional and a great teammate. He took his ignominious ousting from the Spurs with class and grace and managed not to hold a grudge (coughroberthorrycough).

For the second point, I agree with you as well. Draymond, for all his abilities, is an absolute team killer. He's cost the team dearly before, and he doesn't have the talent to overcome it now.

Thread Information