Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dray is different tier from Bowen and Horry.

Dray is the glue guy, high bball IQ, DPOY, anchor of GSW def, main play maker for GSW. He is generally recognised as part of the big 3 of GSW core (drafted and only play for GSW).

So his induction to HOF is automatic.
    Bowen and Horry never cost their team a ring.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He's one of those players who will probably be a HOFer just because he was on a great team and was a starter, despite not understanding his role completely. He's a wonderful defender any team would love to have, otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big 3 are the winningest NBA trio of all time. GSW had a crazy run though all respect to them, but they need to make major moves ASAP if they want to contend for a ring in this current NBA.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Don't believe their media buddies hype/propaganda; they're not a dynasty.

You forgot the unprecedented opponent injury luck throughout, especially in '15 when considering the Cavaliers injuries, they somehow didn't play a single elite team and faced nothing but teams with multiple significant injuries.
    I disagree with this. If they weren't a dynasty then the term doesn't mean anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was over like 3 years ago

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors original 4 was Steph, Klay, Dray, Iggy vs Spurs original 4 of Tim, Manu, Tony, Bowen. I would take the Spurs original 4 over the Warriors original 4. Now when the Warriors add KD to their big 4 that's the huge game changer. Imagine if the Spurs were able to add Dirk or KG to their original 4 and they would have easily won back-to-back. The Warriors failed to win back-to-back with their original 4 and would have never achieved it without KD and hence why I don't respect their back-to-back les.
    It doesnt matter if you respect their back to back les or not,,,they repeated and its in the record books. Your KD argument is ridiculous. So I guess you can say MJ isnt so great since he never would have won 6 les if Rodman didnt arrive,,,,,or how about the Spurs wouldnt have 5 rings if Horry didnt arrive,,,,I guess you dont rememeber Horry saving the Spurs in the playoffs. So can you say you wont recognize that Spurs le as well?,,,,,

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re in the lottery right now, with no chance to get into the top 4 to keep the pick, so they don’t even have that.

They’re a lottery team with everyone pretty healthy.
    Season isnt even 25 games in yet,,,,lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. Till Kawhi signs with Curry

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesnt matter if you respect their back to back les or not,,,they repeated and its in the record books. Your KD argument is ridiculous. So I guess you can say MJ isnt so great since he never would have won 6 les if Rodman didnt arrive,,,,,or how about the Spurs wouldnt have 5 rings if Horry didnt arrive,,,,I guess you dont rememeber Horry saving the Spurs in the playoffs. So can you say you wont recognize that Spurs le as well?,,,,,
    This is what you said originally "Spurs had a big 4 just like the Warriors,,,,Bruce Bowen was the Spurs version of Draymond Green,,,,followed by the other big 3." You were implying basically the Spurs had same amount of talent as the Warriors when they added KD, and I refuted that by saying that wasn't true. Also saying Rodman, Horry is equal to KD is stupid. KD during that stretch with the Warriors was the second-best player in the league. Horry and Rodman never came close to that level of success. Imagine how easy it would have been for the Spurs to win back-to-back les if they were allowed to add the second-best player in the league to their roster during the Big 3 era.

It does matter that I don't respect that back-to-back le since you responded to me. I respect that back-to-back le as much as I respect a rich kid bragging about his wealth knowing that he inherited it from daddy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will be remembered for four rings

But they’ll also be remembered for how they got there and how they acted.

You can’t pick your opponent, but for the first one they got an injury ravaged Cavs team in finals.

73 win team got beaten by a mediocre Lebron team so they had to go get Durant, who wouldn’t have been an option if not for Curry’s below market contract given ankle issues.

Had to send a goon out to injure Kawhi to ensure another. And then Kawhi exacts his revenge a few years later.

And the way it ended is beautiful. Draymond finally being a pariah. Thinking an old CP3 was going to save the day. Wasting those hoards of draft picks they were gifted.
    Nobody will care about most of this crap, just like no one now remembers the 99 lock out and the Horry hip check in the case of the spurs. Or, in the case of LeBron, that half his championships came in the course of truncated seasons.

BUT what history will and should always remember about these teams is the impact of Durant’s decision to ring chase there, which was only enabled by an artificial cap e in 2016. Totally agree there.

Before Leonard ed out on us, there was a time in that window where im convinced we could have beaten them sans Durant. We were the only team that was in their heads, and they hadn’t yet to become “the warriors”. Oh yeah, you Zaza!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was over like 3 years ago
    They won the le in 2022

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree with this. If they weren't a dynasty then the term doesn't mean anything.
    It doesn't mean anything when you beg the second best player of your generation to join you, simultaneously destroy arguably your stiffest compe ion and almost exclusively beat/avoid injured teams throughout to win.

And before you claim otherwise, no one is blaming them for the latter.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It doesn't mean anything when you beg the second best player of your generation to join you, simultaneously destroy arguably your stiffest compe ion and almost exclusively beat/avoid injured teams throughout to win.

And before you claim otherwise, no one is blaming them for the latter.
    They were still a dynasty. It doesn't matter how they got there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what you said originally "Spurs had a big 4 just like the Warriors,,,,Bruce Bowen was the Spurs version of Draymond Green,,,,followed by the other big 3." You were implying basically the Spurs had same amount of talent as the Warriors when they added KD, and I refuted that by saying that wasn't true. Also saying Rodman, Horry is equal to KD is stupid. KD during that stretch with the Warriors was the second-best player in the league. Horry and Rodman never came close to that level of success. Imagine how easy it would have been for the Spurs to win back-to-back les if they were allowed to add the second-best player in the league to their roster during the Big 3 era.

It does matter that I don't respect that back-to-back le since you responded to me. I respect that back-to-back le as much as I respect a rich kid bragging about his wealth knowing that he inherited it from daddy.
    and again your disrespect for it means jack ,,,,Warriors still repeated as champs and the rich kid still has the money,,,,,

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steph Curry's arrogance is pretty earned, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were still a dynasty. It doesn't matter how they got there.
    Of course it does. If you and a bunch of other grown men beat a bunch of kids in a basketball game(s), would it mean anything?

That's essentially what they did, both intentionally (with Durant) and unintentionally (unprecedented opponent injury luck).

The primary reason most of the greats are mythologized is because of who they had to overcome to earn their hardware.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big 3 are the winningest NBA trio of all time. GSW had a crazy run though all respect to them, but they need to make major moves ASAP if they want to contend for a ring in this current NBA.
    They have no assets to trade. They dumped off their only interesting piece in Jordan Poole for nothing. Kuminga is their only piece with value other than Curry & maybe Draymond. They don't have many 1st available to trade either. They could MAYBE get Lauri or that raptors star I forget the name of.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and again your disrespect for it means jack ,,,,Warriors still repeated as champs and the rich kid still has the money,,,,,
    And like I said before I don't have to respect it because I know in both situations the success wasn't earned through legit means. You are free to respect their rigged back-to-back les and hold it in high regard, but I don't.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean anyone with a brain saw resigning Draymond was a bad idea but hey Golden States management has looked kind of lost their genius label

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean anyone with a brain saw resigning Draymond was a bad idea but hey Golden States management has looked kind of lost their genius label
    What was their choice? He's too valuable to lose, when he's at his best he's impossible to replace, and they don't win without him.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Of course it does. If you and a bunch of other grown men beat a bunch of kids in a basketball game(s), would it mean anything?

That's essentially what they did, both intentionally (with Durant) and unintentionally (unprecedented opponent injury luck).

The primary reason most of the greats are mythologized is because of who they had to overcome to earn their hardware.
    Do you understand what the term "dynasty" means? It doesn't mean they overcame adversity or played fair, drafted smart, developed talent, any of that. It means they ran the league for years. You don't have to like them or agree with how they won, all that matters is that they won.

No one said anyone on the team is great. Just said the team itself was a dynasty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Curry, and I like Kerr… but F the Warriors, and glad the page is turning to a new era

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you understand what the term "dynasty" means? It doesn't mean they overcame adversity or played fair, drafted smart, developed talent, any of that. It means they ran the league for years. You don't have to like them or agree with how they won, all that matters is that they won.

No one said anyone on the team is great. Just said the team itself was a dynasty.
    No. To rightfully have that le bestowed, it has to be earned the hard way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And like I said before I don't have to respect it because I know in both situations the success wasn't earned through legit means. You are free to respect their rigged back-to-back les and hold it in high regard, but I don't.
    Again, your opinion means jack ,,,its in the books forever,,,,tell me how it was rigged,,,,,

Thread Information