Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. To rightfully have that le bestowed, it has to be earned the hard way.

says who?,,,,lmao. Youre crying about a team signing players and winning les instead of what?,,,drafting all their players?,,,,,,,lmao

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    No. To rightfully have that le bestowed, it has to be earned the hard way.
    This seems pointless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was their choice? He's too valuable to lose, when he's at his best he's impossible to replace, and they don't win without him.
    The thing is, his best is far in the rear view mirror. He’s far past his sell by date. The mistake wasn’t last summer, it was when he was clashing with Durant. If they had shipped him out then Durant may not have bolted, and they’d still be contending.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, your opinion means jack ,,,its in the books forever,,,,tell me how it was rigged,,,,,
    My opinion does matter since your dumbass keeps responding. Also, I have told you how it is rigged, and you just can't accept that I'm not agreeing with you.
    Last edited by daslicer; 12-18-2023 at 09:24 AM.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, his best is far in the rear view mirror. He’s far past his sell by date. The mistake wasn’t last summer, it was when he was clashing with Durant. If they had shipped him out then Durant may not have bolted, and they’d still be contending.
    I agree with everything you wrote. For those reasons, they kind of have to ride or die with him at this point, don't they?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I kind of develop a dislike for teams other than the Spurs that end up being strong contenders or "dynasties". That being said, I do respect the players they have even if they annoy me.

Now they are in a bad spot. As others have said, they don't really have the assets to do anything. I would be surprised if they were to ship Steph out and the rest of the roster is either not going to fetch anything significant back or are close to being untradeable. Ex always points out the owner let his son influence their draft when they had those high picks and in addition to Father Time, that has done as much damage to their future as anything.

Maybe they can convince Pop to come run the team for them so he can be closer to Wine country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with everything you wrote. For those reasons, they kind of have to ride or die with him at this point, don't they?
    Maybe, but I think he’s so toxic at this point that maybe salary dumping him could be addition by subtraction. Curry looks like he’s frustrated and done.
    Last edited by exstatic; 12-18-2023 at 12:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what would make me glad? Seeing the Spurs put some wins together. WGAF about Golden f'ing State.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the decline continues: curry's streak of games with at least one three-pointer is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always viewed the Warriors big 3 as the opposite of the Spurs big 3. They were a bunch of arrogant bags unlike the Spurs big 3 and very hateable. You can say Tony Parker has arrogance but not on the level as the Warriors big 3 had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well deserved. These gots were always showboating and disrespecting their opponents when things were good. But when the going got tough, they folded or resorted to cheap like Draymond or the Zaza incident. Imagine how many rings less they would be if they weren’t playing undermanned opponents all the time or if they never landed that pussy Durant.
    Well said!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally don’t see the warrior players as inherently more annoying than most dynasties. Draymond is a louder Bowen, Thompson is an uglier Parker. Well zaza can die in a ditch and Durant is constantly having periods but players like curry, igoudala, wiggins et al are normal nice guys.

Lakers were plenty hateable, so we’re the heatles and the spurs.

The level of annoyingness of teams generally came from the media.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Curry looked like O'Neal or James, the masses would hate him and them far more than they do.

Instead, his overt theatrics and arrogance are spun as "joy" and "showmanship".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Curry looked like O'Neal or James, the masses would hate him and them far more than they do.

Instead, his overt theatrics and arrogance are spun as "joy" and "showmanship".
    So all the talk of injury luck is not really what you mean. What you really mean is that you think Steph Curry has light-skinned privilege (Klay Thompson too?) and you resent it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't the 1st time the pampered little en led one threw his mouthpiece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not his fault, that mouthpiece is too heavy

He needs KD to help him carry it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This brings me joy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So all the talk of injury luck is not really what you mean. What you really mean is that you think Steph Curry has light-skinned privilege (Klay Thompson too?) and you resent it.
    You sound like a casual fan, who relies on media narratives and results without context to formulate your opinion. Go back and look at their history, virtually everything they won was because of unprecedented opponent injury luck, from who they faced to who they avoided.

Me resenting Curry and Thompson for "light-skinned privilege" would be akin to the mostly white media "hating" white people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound like a casual fan, who relies on media narratives and results without context to formulate your opinion. Go back and look at their history, virtually everything they won was because of unprecedented opponent injury luck, from who they faced to who they avoided.

Me resenting Curry and Thompson for "light-skinned privilege" would be akin to the mostly white media "hating" white people.
    I’m a Spurs fan who knows that saying about living in glass houses. Was the ‘03 le legitimate with Chris Webber and Dirk Nowitzki injured? Did the Joe Johnson injury cast a pall on the ‘05 championship?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got ejected, how is that pampered?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a Spurs fan who knows that saying about living in glass houses. Was the ‘03 le legitimate with Chris Webber and Dirk Nowitzki injured? Did the Joe Johnson injury cast a pall on the ‘05 championship?
    Isolated examples, which every team benefits from and not because I'm a Spurs fan, but there's a good chance they'd have won those championships either way. The better example would be '07, where they avoided the Mavericks, Pistons and if you want to include the Suns suspensions.

Again, the Warriors are unprecedented, but you'd only know that if you actually follow it or bothered to look it up instead of regurgitating cliched drivel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isolated examples, which every team benefits from and not because I'm a Spurs fan, but there's a good chance they'd have won those championships either way. The better example would be '07, where they avoided the Mavericks, Pistons and if you want to include the Suns suspensions.

Again, the Warriors are unprecedented, but you'd only know that if you actually follow it or bothered to look it up instead of regurgitating cliched drivel.
    Nah, it’s cherry-picking because you have an axe to grind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got ejected, how is that pampered?
    In a meaningless 3rd game of the season vs Memphis. 2017 the Durbetta collusion season.

Yet, in the Finals Game 6 vs Cleveland the Pampered One was not suspended.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, it’s cherry-picking because you have an axe to grind.
    Nah, it's ad homenim time because you want to play holier than thou and are too lazy or don't care enough to actually do the research.

Thread Information