My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sure, spunky. Rofl

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it’s better that Keldon gives up a 3 than that Branham does? Oh, never mind.

The smartness of that double by Keldon is arguable. It looks like game plan, tho, so Keldon probably can’t be faulted for trying it.

The team did get the rotations correct, at least. That’s progress.

You missed the first problem with what Keldon did. He jumped at Davis’ pass.

The jump, which accomplished absolutely nothing good, put Keldon 6 or 7’ farther from where he needed to go, to rotate, and it gave him momentum in the wrong direction. The jump contributed significantly to the delay in Keldon getting across to the corner.

If Keldon had knocked it off, with that foolish jump, and just rotated, he would probably have gotten there in time.

Notice Branham jumping at the ball, also, when Davis passed. The idiots think they’re kangaroos.

On another note, Victor needs some serious big-man coaching, which the Spurs are obviously incompetent to provide. When Victor has his elbows in, and his hands in front, (as that video shows,) he’s maybe 3’ wide, if that. When Victor extends his arms he’s 8’ wide. It doesn’t take a math major to know which is better for defense.

The whole team would do better if they’d stop the foolish kangaroo imitations, and stop swiping at the ball pointlessly, and just extend their arms and play defense. But that would take coaching to achieve.
    I remember when nothing was more important than five guys sprinting back on defense. Now at least one guy unnecessarily goes for an offensive rebound or a steal on nearly every missed basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ is a fan favorite and always brings that energy but he also might be looking to contend on another team and Spurs might again not be able to make playin next year even if they don’t purposely tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a difference a win makes. Now that there's finally another W to divide up, a number of players have seen boosts to their impact stats. Keldon is pretty comfortably the most-positive of all the main players in terms of his impact stats. Obviously the dude has nothing on Victor in terms of potential, but Johnson's numbers are starting to back up the improvement some of us have been seeing qualitatively and that simple box-score stats have suggested. If Wemby can hold up physically at center, I don't think there's a big argument for Keldon being out at this point. And anyone suggesting he's freezing out Wemby or in general hogging the ball haven't paid attention to the stats. Johnson is only fourth on the team in USG% behind Victor, Devin and Zach of all people. Even defensively he's not as bad as some are thinking. They often see him getting beat and blame him when he got caught between two people due to earlier breakdowns. I am not saying he can't be improved on, but I do think the narrative is lagging behind reality.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "Keldon ballhogs" thing has never made any damned sense. He arguably looks the most natural of anyone when trying to score, especially trying to get near the bucket. The issue has been him needing to focus and simply consistently repeat the things that work for him. He doesn't take a ton of shots and usually has good FG%. Nevermind him visibly becoming better as a passer.

He does suck ass on D though.

Thread Information