Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason, the link isn't working but it's in HoopsHype and from the Hoop Collective Podcast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can package Sochan with him?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everybody should be on the table other then wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kinda hope not, imo he is our second best player and he and Wemby seem to be developing some chemistry unlike the other players on the team. Also, some of our few wins would not have happened without Keldon tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not trading him unless he asks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another of Pops Pets.

Not going anywhere.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's our second best player. I think Vassell is great at shooting but takes very difficult shots for various reasons, which makes me question the size of his contract. Keldon's defense is bad but he at least shoots threes AND can successfully drive to the basket, which is needed. I don't see either of them in a top 3 of a great team, so there's that.

But I don't see them trading him, because it's not like they're going to trade for a point guard at this point. If they want better point guard play they just need to play Graham and Tre Jones more minutes, which they have obviously chosen not to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like he's just speculating, doesnt seem like theres a source actually suggesting he could be moved

ive been on team "keldon will be traded before his contract expires" but imo theres no point to moving him right now while a vast majority of the roster is still in limbo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think Keldon finishes his career as a Spur or even his current contract, but I don’t see any way we move him right now unless it’s along with draft capital for a young All-Star caliber player, which I really don’t see happening. Otherwise this just seems like speculation, as Spurraider above me said.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not Vassell? Branham? Collins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do Spurs fans always get attached to mid players? And why is anyone attached to anyone on this roster not named Wemby? Being the 2nd or 3rd best player on a team that won the top pick and still can only muster 3 wins is NOT impressive, and KJ is not the type of player that is exactly rare or anything.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ship his ass out if they can get a PG with a three point shot or a swing who plays defense and can hit a wide open three. Dude is empty calories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are high on Keldon today because he scored 28 last night. Yes, he can put up gaudy offensive numbers on occasion. And yes, it’s possible with Vassell’s regression that KJ is currently the second-best player on the Spurs.

Which is as good an explanation as any for why they’re 3-20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do Spurs fans always get attached to mid players? And why is anyone attached to anyone on this roster not named Wemby? Being the 2nd or 3rd best player on a team that won the top pick and still can only muster 3 wins is NOT impressive, and KJ is not the type of player that is exactly rare or anything.
    Exactly, the gulf between our best player and 2nd best player is so vast in a roster devoid of talent outside of Wemby. Like being the smartest re in a class full of re s. It's not even a compliment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team really has one player who should be on a championship roster and that's Wemby. Vassell and Keldon are complimentary players but neither would qualify as a second or third star on any sort of contender. So if you can swap pieces for better pieces, I'd say do it. No one other than Wemby should be untouchable at this point.

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team really has one player who should be on a championship roster and that's Wemby. Vassell and Keldon are complimentary players but neither would qualify as a second or third star on any sort of contender. So if you can swap pieces for better pieces, I'd say do it. No one other than Wemby should be untouchable at this point.
    With Devin stinking scales sort of fell from my eyes. Focus on KJ trading I ignored the same faults in Vassell. I pretended he was a good defender. Part of it is smthg like Manu separation anxiety

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some rambling:

Keldon's salary is very low compared to Vassell. I'd rather move Vassell but he might be harder to trade. In retrospect it is almost odd that they threw that money on Vassell if they were going to blow off this season with such a weird approach to coaching/designating point guard duties/holding players accountable. Yes, it's a long contract. But they were able to commit to him with some sense of hope, but then sabotage/tank everything else this year. Seems counterintuitive to me, and it's only going to be harder to flip a switch to start winning again. It will have to be a new coach in my opinion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another of Pops Pets.

Not going anywhere.
    I mean, he dumped Derrick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do wonder what Keldon's value is around the league. Given his age, i think a Derrick White type package is probably in the ball park. Derrick was better than Keldon at the time he was traded, but also older that Keldon who is cost controlled and on a decreasing deal. What do others think?

Something like:
    GWG: Keldon/filler
    SAS: CP3's expiring + Moody/Podemski + protected 28FRP

Spurs get a look at a young piece, but more importantly a decent asset when VW should be crushing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pet implies playing someone more minutes than they deserve. Branham might fit that better, but if he could onsistently play at his potential it would eventually be justified.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everybody should be on the table other then wemby
    Even Vassell?

Granted, I haven't watched a lot of Spurs game this season , so maybe he stinks lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do wonder what Keldon's value is around the league. Given his age, i think a Derrick White type package is probably in the ball park. Derrick was better than Keldon at the time he was traded, but also older that Keldon who is cost controlled and on a decreasing deal. What do others think?

Something like:

Spurs get a look at a young piece, but more importantly a decent asset when VW should be crushing it.
    I like it but is GSW going to give up either of those two and a pick for dumping CP0?
    Ya i would do that.
    Oh wait, having to stomach CPO in a Spurs uniform.....
    Ok for a half year and the betternment of the team I'm on board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Something like:

That would be a one year shot to convey, since their 2030 pick is already traded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant one of Moody/Podemski not both fyi.

Once there is even more separation between the top 3 bird teams (DET, WAS, and us) and the rest, I think we'll finally see Pop playing VW with a natural PG. CP3 would be great for a half season, though, more likely they buy him out so he can ring chase with the Lakers or some like that.

Thread Information