My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All eyes on Wemby. But I'm more interested in Sochan. He can be the x factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DV with the beautiful game on both ends. Three game, midrange and inside. That 3rd quarter, glad to see they looked to use him in the offense unlike most other games this season., In turn he attacked the rim, kept the spurs in front .

Are you not entertained? Davidicus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt like a lot of things came together for us. Everyone was shooting well (Vassell on fire), certain players were playing at minimum neutral and weren't pulling a kamikaze (Collins, Sochan), and half the Lakers roster worth a damn DNP'd.

A well-deserved win for the boys. They stayed positive, focused, and determined over this losing streak to make the win happen. This game I was impressed with their offensive discipline. Felt like they knew when to push and when to take their time, and got the ball to the right shooter according to the D they were facing (minus that zone stretch, woof).

Was fun to see Vic so happy with his teammates. Onward we go!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B for Doug? Come on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. All is well again at ST. I’m relieved for the long overdue win. The team deserves it. A lot of things were cooking right last night. Wemby being more careful and playing better role defensively protecting and controlling the board. Vassell getting off the slump after a poor showing the previous night. He was determined he deserves the role of one of the goto guys on the team, not just letting them fly but attacking the rim, and playing better defense. Sochan cutting and getting rewarded. Malaki not being an offensive liability while playing within the offense. Keldon, he’s been very consistent about scoring and protecting the ball, but it was a tough night guarding LeBron, but anyone else would.

Osman, Collins holding the bench accountable. And Wesley finally. I want to see him more.

The guys played tough and kept their feet on the pedal. They were much composed, hopefully learning from all the things they didn’t do right during the losses. It was necessary to get embarrassed big for not playing well and be rewarded when they stick to the plan. I hope that would keep them executing well. Good job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have loved to see Pop break the all time losing streak. But happy for the kids tbh, Wemby looked like he just won a championship

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was at the game last night (second home game this season)… the energy in the Frost Center was different… the resolve to not give away the lead was a nice change of toughness. If Los Niños are going to build on this victory, they will have to realize that playing tough for 48 minutes takes that extra level of mental for ude.

It’s still very apparent that the Spurs are in dire need of a natural point guard. Last night Wemby worked very hard to establish interior positioning and more often than not the Spurs’ ball handlers were unable to even see the correct passing lanes (let alone deliver) to get Victor the ball. Vassell, Johnson and Sochan will all have to develop that skill if they are to remain a part of Wemby’s core group. Often times they are simply over-dribbling not realizing that they are the ones that keep closing off the passing lanes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see the win, and yeah...everyone seemed to have played better and smarter.

Lotta work to be done yet. The confusion on offense was sometimes painful to watch and then Vassell bails 'em out. Not my favorite type of offense to watch, but it worked last night.

I keep being impressed with Osman's offensive playmaking and movement. He keeps his head up while dribbling as opposed to everyone else on our team who just dribble and penetrate trying to get to the basket and score. He'll dribble and penetrate looking all the time for the pass. Him, Collins and Wemby are the best for the half court game. Everyone else prefers the transition game, which is why they tend to rush and shoot quick. Young guys all have that issue it seems.

Fun game to watch. Vassell improved his trade value a lot

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For symmetry's sake:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Vassell is turning the corner. Like LWIV, he has a good game and then blends in for 5 to 8 games: I want him to have 5 or 8 good games and then the occasional stinker. More consistency.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    For symmetry's sake:

"drives me to the hills" I love that. Going to steal it.

I just want to see more Victor. I want to see what he can do if given the opportunity. So far it seems like most of his results come from fixing broken plays or whatever he makes for himself. I think he takes some bad shots because he thinks he won't get the ball otherwise, which is rooted in fact.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congrats to Wemby and the cool Spur fans on here …

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good win. Watching last year's team pass the ball amongst each other while going out of their way to not pass to Victor has worn thin with me. It's too obvious not to be deliberate. None of those guys are worthy as NBA veterans to do that to any rookie, let alone a capable one. Victor is the best player on the team, and I'm unsure why that's even a question. Vassell is a complete ball hog. Maybe his heroball can put up enough numbers to make him a trade asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope they can build on this and win a couple more games. Pop deserves an A for the poke LeBron in the eye strategy

Thread Information