Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least on my social media, everyone is commenting on it, and literally every comment is talking about how low IQ his teammates are, or how they have him... Wemby also has social media and dude is 19... He sees a lot of the same we see... Something needs to happen or I fear dude will be out of here the first chance he gets... Pop is washed as a coach... Let's be honest... Dude completely ed Sohan's career by playing him in the worst possible position you can play him in... Combine that with a generational rookie that can't even develop properly because he has no PG or high IQ teammate to set him up, nor does he have an offense built around him to where he dictates the point of attack and reaction... They're treating him like Shaun Bradley... If this keeps up for longer, he may become very one dimensional and end up having KP as his ceiling instead of a 7'4 KD or Jokic... And the sad part is, with how stubborn and out of touch pop can be... This may endure for years

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So no link, or...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh it was one of the worst game of the season in terms of "Victor use"

Very frustrating for us so imagine for him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this basically happens at least twice a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the player in question was Julian Champagnie, let's get real about his capabilities. Not only did he probably not see Victor, he would've had to make an over the shoulder sky hook pass to get the ball high enough.
    Luka, Diaw, Bird make that pass, sure. Not many players can, though.

No doubt, teammates miss him more than anyone I've ever seen. I think the mechanics of his height, style and passing angles creates very unique problems. Same thing happened in France. Frustrating, nonetheless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst part is we see this at least a couple times every game it feels like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but but the GOAT has us tanking. This is all part of a genius master plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the player in question was Julian Champagnie, let's get real about his capabilities. Not only did he probably not see Victor, he would've had to make an over the shoulder sky hook pass to get the ball high enough.
    Luka, Diaw, Bird make that pass, sure. Not many players can, though.

No doubt, teammates miss him more than anyone I've ever seen. I think the mechanics of his height, style and passing angles creates very unique problems. Same thing happened in France. Frustrating, nonetheless.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP8UUY_AKbA

good old times...😢

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw an article the other day that suggested we could trade Collins, McDermott and Graham for CP3 and Cory Joseph and I don't hate it. CP3's fit with Golden State has been questionable and Collins would fit well with that team. CP3 isn't the long term solution but he would be doing pick and roll lobs to Wemby all game long and would make the games watchable again.

Checked the trade machine and we cant trade Collins this year because of when he signed his extension... too bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people saying you need to be Bird or Magic to make that pass. Wemby is clearly missed many times a game for elementary school passes. Get rid of everyone, team is utter diva useless ball hog trash who would freeze out KAJ to jack up contested twos if this was 80s ball.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this basically happens at least twice a quarter
    fify

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO is sure taking note...who have or don't have a future in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is not a missed pass, zeller was guarding well.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This comment

"Call for pass ignored." -2K MyCareer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fact that champagnie turned that into a three was besides the point-that moment clearly illustrated why he is not going to be in the league (and likely this roster) for too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all on Pop. The coach sets the tone. He STILL hasn't established Wemby as the man. It's ridiculous. When the season first started Pop admitted that he had no idea how he was going to use Wemby. Most people here took that as a positive for some reason but I took it correctly as a negative. If the coach doesn't know how to use your star player, that's an issue.

But if you dig deeper into his words and actions, he basically said that the offense wouldn't go through the kid. That we had to figure him out as a team. But the whole year Pop did nothing to figure him out. What easy baskets are we getting this kid? What designed plays are we consistently running for him. Wemby should be getting 10 wide open points a game easily. In the old days, Pop would've called timeout and cussed out and benched the player who ed up by not getting the ball to Tim. Now he just smiles and says how proud he is of these mistakes. Pop needs to put the fear of God into these players tbh. You are playing for a roster spot next year. And this team is too stupid to realize it. They don't know about the business aspect of the game yet. They think this is acceptable for role players to act

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby needs the Tim treatment. You go 4-down as much as Timmy wants the ball. With Wemby, you work on nothing but getting him the ball whenever and wherever he wants it. The rest of the roster needs to know that their one and only assignment is to serve the king of the Spurs, and that king is Wemby.

The rest of the roster sucks ass and I doubt we'll see any of them on a contending Spurs team other than the king of the Spurs. So serve the king or you're services are no longer required. That should be the message.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just need my man Chinook to explain why wemby wasnt actually open here

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The window

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the game live and basically fast-forwarded through to see if they were going to catch up enough to make me watch it. That looks like a back-door cur, which players of every caliber do as part of an offense. Sometimes those passes are made; sometimes they aren't. You can certainly argue that pass should have been made. But I have no idea why Wemby thought that'd be a lob. There was absolutely no room for that. It should've been a bounce pass or maybe a dump-off. It's a wing being guarded by a center. A high angle wasn't there.

Seems pretty clear Champ just didn't see him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really is ridiculous

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A whole roster of players (other than wemby) with low bbiq.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s not pass to the 7’5” guy guarded by a 5’7” dude. Makers sense

Thread Information