My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s not pass to the 7’5” guy guarded by a 5’7” dude. Makers sense
    they literally freeze out their best player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Champagnie is a marginal NBA player. If this were a one-off, who would care? But Wemby did that because it’s a pattern. And it sucks. This year was supposed to be one where the Spurs figured out who fit with Wemby. The answer to that question might be “nobody.” Which means this is truly a lost year and task at hand is to rebuild the rest of the roster from scratch.

But my frustration is that I totally see some of these players succeeding in other environments. Yes, they collectively on this team have low BBIQ, but I suspect that has a lot to do with disengaged coaching, which portends disaster, because Pop isn’t going anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the game live and basically fast-forwarded through to see if they were going to catch up enough to make me watch it. That looks like a back-door cur, which players of every caliber do as part of an offense. Sometimes those passes are made; sometimes they aren't. You can certainly argue that pass should have been made. But I have no idea why Wemby thought that'd be a lob. There was absolutely no room for that. It should've been a bounce pass or maybe a dump-off. It's a wing being guarded by a center. A high angle wasn't there.

Seems pretty clear Champ just didn't see him though.
    i didn't read it as wemby thinking it was going to be a lob. it looked to me as if wemby was showing frustration and mimed a dunk because he thought that he'd get a dump off pass when he made his cut to the basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Champennie is re ed apparently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all on Pop. The coach sets the tone. He STILL hasn't established Wemby as the man. It's ridiculous. When the season first started Pop admitted that he had no idea how he was going to use Wemby. Most people here took that as a positive for some reason but I took it correctly as a negative. If the coach doesn't know how to use your star player, that's an issue.

But if you dig deeper into his words and actions, he basically said that the offense wouldn't go through the kid. That we had to figure him out as a team. But the whole year Pop did nothing to figure him out. What easy baskets are we getting this kid? What designed plays are we consistently running for him. Wemby should be getting 10 wide open points a game easily. In the old days, Pop would've called timeout and cussed out and benched the player who ed up by not getting the ball to Tim. Now he just smiles and says how proud he is of these mistakes. Pop needs to put the fear of God into these players tbh. You are playing for a roster spot next year. And this team is too stupid to realize it. They don't know about the business aspect of the game yet. They think this is acceptable for role players to act
    Who on this current roster would you keep?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Champagnie is a marginal NBA player. If this were a one-off, who would care? But Wemby did that because it’s a pattern. And it sucks. This year was supposed to be one where the Spurs figured out who fit with Wemby. The answer to that question might be “nobody.” Which means this is truly a lost year and task at hand is to rebuild the rest of the roster from scratch.

But my frustration is that I totally see some of these players succeeding in other environments. Yes, they collectively on this team have low BBIQ, but I suspect that has a lot to do with disengaged coaching, which portends disaster, because Pop isn’t going anywhere.
    Like I've been saying...this is year 0 of the rebuild. With all the draft picks and cap space in the next couple of years, the Spurs can build a literal team around Wemby.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The subtext of this story is two-fold:

1. The world is watching. We been knew this. Outsiders didn't and don't want Wemby here. We are ing up the image when image is everything.

2. We are lucky that Wemby sent a message with such a simple motion. Quiet as this message was, everyone around the NBA world still heard it. Future messages could be louder.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst part is we see this at least a couple times every game it feels like.

Good. I'd like for him to illustrate his frustrations more.
    I read a lot of feel-good words at Pounding the Rock after the win over the Lakers and one dude kept repeating how "it's not all about Wemby at all" this season and it's equally more about his teammates improving. "We don't have to look for Wemby" every time.
    And the game against the Pels was exactly that. Everyone thinking it is all about them too.

WTF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who on this current roster would you keep?
    With my current troll job of defending Pop since I was bored aside...

First, I have no idea our cap situation or locked up salary. Based on my limited knowledge, it's hard to tell bc I feel we have a lot of people locked up that can help us if they are used properly. For instance our bench unit is set.
    Bench: Jones, Collins, Sochan, and Wesley is a nice unit. For the starters only Wemby and Vassell would remain in the starting unit.

I would trade KJ. I like him as a person. Just not as a player. I would sign Gordon Hayward. I've wanted him for years. The dude is just super intelligent and we need that on our team. I would need to look at the cap situation though. Bc obviously we have holes in our roster. I would like to fill those with vets. I think PG13 would be my big fish to go after.

If we get the 2nd pick and the 7th pick this year from Toronto, I would draft a PG and a SF. I would also sign Lowrey for the vet min as a back up or the MLE on Conley.

To Wright's credit. He has put this roster in a very flexible situation and I expect half of the roster to be gone. I just need Pop to get outta his I love these kids mode and be more cutthroat then we are used to being.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i liked hayward way back when he was in boston but he's not the same player-glimpses of what he was now and then and always injured. plus, i think he's too old for this current rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With my current troll job of defending Pop since I was bored aside...

First, I have no idea our cap situation or locked up salary. Based on my limited knowledge, it's hard to tell bc I feel we have a lot of people locked up that can help us if they are used properly. For instance our bench unit is set.
    Bench: Jones, Collins, Sochan, and Wesley is a nice unit. For the starters only Wemby and Vassell would remain in the starting unit.

I would trade KJ. I like him as a person. Just not as a player. I would sign Gordon Hayward. I've wanted him for years. The dude is just super intelligent and we need that on our team. I would need to look at the cap situation though. Bc obviously we have holes in our roster. I would like to fill those with vets. I think PG13 would be my big fish to go after.

If we get the 2nd pick and the 7th pick this year from Toronto, I would draft a PG and a SF. I would also sign Lowrey for the vet min as a back up or the MLE on Conley.

To Wright's credit. He has put this roster in a very flexible situation and I expect half of the roster to be gone. I just need Pop to get outta his I love these kids mode and be more cutthroat then we are used to being.
    I can see maybe 2-3 guys who are on the current roster still be here in the next couple of years. To add to that, the Spurs have draft capital and cap space going forward. They should be able to field a good team around Wemby. It's not going to happen over night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby needs the Tim treatment. You go 4-down as much as Timmy wants the ball. With Wemby, you work on nothing but getting him the ball whenever and wherever he wants it. The rest of the roster needs to know that their one and only assignment is to serve the king of the Spurs, and that king is Wemby.

The rest of the roster sucks ass and I doubt we'll see any of them on a contending Spurs team other than the king of the Spurs. So serve the king or you're services are no longer required. That should be the message.
    I agree! The only ones to keep are Vassell, Tre and Osman! Send the rest packing! Completely worthless! All I saw was the ball hog dumbasses like Keldon Johnson running down the lane instead of passing the ball to a wide open Wemby then missing the layup that included Sohan then Champagnie and softness Collins missing a freaking layup! The whole offense needs to be set to Wemby and Wemby only! Everyone needs to know he is the man and everyone else is spare parts! This team does not play defense that's why we keep getting blown out! It's frustrating that we are wasting Wemby's first year with this crap team! Please get a better GM, this one sucks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see maybe 2-3 guys who are on the current roster still be here in the next couple of years. To add to that, the Spurs have draft capital and cap space going forward. They should be able to field a good team around Wemby. It's not going to happen over night.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vassell is the worst offender to be honest - he passed blackhole branham over the last few games -

vassell thinks he is the leader of this team according to his post game interview when he scored 36 pts

every game he gets a vw screen and then as victor is rolling with his hand pointing up -

vassell turns his ing back on the play and shoots a 40 foot turnaround contested jumper

just watch next game and watch him do it at least 3-4 times per game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the player in question was Julian Champagnie, let's get real about his capabilities. Not only did he probably not see Victor, he would've had to make an over the shoulder sky hook pass to get the ball high enough.
    Luka, Diaw, Bird make that pass, sure. Not many players can, though.

No doubt, teammates miss him more than anyone I've ever seen. I think the mechanics of his height, style and passing angles creates very unique problems. Same thing happened in France. Frustrating, nonetheless.
    He definitely saw him... Literally faked the pass to him before passing it out

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Trae Young commented on the post that it was an easy lob. I’ll defer to the actual basketball player on this one.

Besides Wemby - roster full of basketball idiots and the entire NBA knows it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae young is also probably the best lob passer in the game today

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cp3 will fix this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://i.redd.it/curious-indeed-v0-....jpeg?c5d6e4c5

let's hear some of y'all spin this ish

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter how good a passer is if they're freezing him out. That's a flat refusal to include him in the offense.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That link doesn't work for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Here's the main reddit thread with Trae Young post: https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/co...urious_indeed/

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby needs the Tim treatment. You go 4-down as much as Timmy wants the ball. With Wemby, you work on nothing but getting him the ball whenever and wherever he wants it. The rest of the roster needs to know that their one and only assignment is to serve the king of the Spurs, and that king is Wemby.

So serve the king or your services are no longer required. That should be the message.
    During a broadcast this year an announcer referenced a story about Robinson approaching Pop very early in the season and basically telling him “We need to pass the ball to Tim more.” I’m paraphrasing but the gist was, DR immediately recognized that Tim was the king & told Pop pass it to him, don’t pass it to me.
    At least that’s what I got out of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know I hate Trae and think he’s a loser. But man that would a deadly pick n roll. If Trae can put his ego aside and let VW be the number one which I kinda doubt

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During a broadcast this year an announcer referenced a story about Robinson approaching Pop very early in the season and basically telling him “We need to pass the ball to Tim more.” I’m paraphrasing but the gist was, DR immediately recognized that Tim was the king & told Pop pass it to him, don’t pass it to me.
    At least that’s what I got out of it.
    Sean Elliot subtly complains about it on every single broadcast. Everyone sees it

Thread Information