Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this on Fox sports:

"NBA All-Star Game starters are selected by fans, NBA players and the media. Fan votes make up 50 percent of the vote. All current players and a select group of media representatives will account for 25 percent each. Players and media only submit one ballot"

So fan vote only accounts for half. And I guarantee the players won't vote him in

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards is on the SpursTalk all-underrated team for sure
    Nah, he's overrated everywhere because he's the easiest archetype to sell to the masses and now that he's on a good team, the media is pretending it's because he's made "the leap", when in actuality it's primarily because of their league leading defense and rotational depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, he's overrated everywhere because he's the easiest archetype to sell to the masses and now that he's on a good team, the media is pretending it's because he's made "the leap", when in actuality it's primarily because of their league leading defense and rotational depth.
    Yes. Dwyane Wade with 3 point range is in fact a good archetype

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    wait. So he happens to be on a much improved team but it's not because of him? This seems convenient for your argument.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Dwyane Wade with 3 point range is in fact a good archetype
    If you don't have the capacity to tell the difference eye test wise, all you have to do is view any of the catch-all metrics to know Edwards is not in the same universe as Wade, at least to this point.

wait. So he happens to be on a much improved team but it's not because of him? This seems convenient for your argument.
    I said primarily. Of course he's improved and that's helped, but this is not the superstar perimeter carry job the media is trying to portray it as.

He might have the more central role offensively, but Towns is still arguably their best player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First returns and it isn't looking good. 8th in voting in the Frontcourt.

Doubt the media or coaches are going to vote him in even as a backup given the Spurs abysmal record.

Victor has been great and may still be able to stay in the running for RoY, but All-Star seems to be a lost cause.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby 8th place. Okay so confirmed not an all star for Wemby as there is no chance he made the reserve team given the team record

Thread Information