Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't give me that bull . Duncan was married to that fancy ass White girl. She took up with the Mexican pool cleaner. She wanted a divorce and everything that was OR was not nailed down. Instead of Duncan just giving it to her so she'd go away and he could get back to business, he stonewalled her and she bit back stalking him the rest of the way. He got distracted, missed that bunny late inn Florida and you're short one, forever. Now, do you want me to set a sun, Obst, or, have you had enough?

As to this Daddy & Kobe. Yes, Daddy abandoned us and I too thought Kobe would end up ass over the teacup in terms of total rings.

Kobe: 5
    Daddy: 4

Merry in' Christmas, Obst.
    Merry Christmas to you, as well.

Yeah, Shaq was man enough to leave town and there was fortunately a long line of guys to come in and carry Kobe, despite his refusal to pass to them.

I guess you can put 2013 on Amy if you want. I have it on Pop. Six of one. She kept him from Orlando so I'll give her whoring ass a mulligan.

Spurs probably wouldn't have rung in 14 if they had pulled it out in 13. Pop can't put two in a row together.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Merry Christmas to you, as well.

Yeah, Shaq was man enough to leave town and there was fortunately a long line of guys to come in and carry Kobe, despite his refusal to pass to them.

I guess you can put 2013 on Amy if you want. I have it on Pop. Six of one. She kept him from Orlando so I'll give her whoring ass a mulligan.

Spurs probably wouldn't have rung in 14 if they had pulled it out in 13. Pop can't put two in a row together.
    He passed to Artest just fine...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He passed to Artest just fine...
    About time. Somebody had to actually make clutch shots.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    About time. Somebody had to actually make clutch shots.
    I got no problem stipulating to that fact.

But that pass was a crusher...everybody and their sister knew he was going to hoist that thing. Media was counting on that with all their might:::Boston could/would prevail and they'd tie Kobe to the whipping post and he'd remain there till the California hillside years later. Did (the pass) change Kobe? No, he/we lucked out a year later by finding that idiot Howard cross the center court jump and rang again; Kobe could strut like a bandy rooster, we, he included knew the truth.

'10 was brought to fruition by Fisher coming back across from Utah. Without him we'd a been beat and terribly so. Fish humanized Kobe in the '10 Finals...cracked his maddening facade, made him buckle, made him work, made him stop whining, made him drop his game face the final 12 minutes and go for it. Those final minutes remain Kobe's finest hour. He's maniacal as he spots the end forming before his very eyes. Fisher did that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah,

No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got no problem stipulating to that fact.

But that pass was a crusher...everybody and their sister knew he was going to hoist that thing. Media was counting on that with all their might:::Boston could/would prevail and they'd tie Kobe to the whipping post and he'd remain there till the California hillside years later. Did (the pass) change Kobe? No, he/we lucked out a year later by finding that idiot Howard cross the center court jump and rang again; Kobe could strut like a bandy rooster, we, he included knew the truth.

'10 was brought to fruition by Fisher coming back across from Utah. Without him we'd a been beat and terribly so. Fish humanized Kobe in the '10 Finals...cracked his maddening facade, made him buckle, made him work, made him stop whining, made him drop his game face the final 12 minutes and go for it. Those final minutes remain Kobe's finest hour. He's maniacal as he spots the end forming before his very eyes. Fisher did that.
    You know what? Good for him for passing when it counts. He couldn't have worked harder as a player. He couldn't have squeezed more out of his abilities as an athlete. He clearly cared about his craft. He just wasn't the best teammate because he couldn't forgive anyone that didn't work as hard as he did. That means there were like five guys in NBA history who he wouldn't have alienated. He needed the right kind of guys to be able to work with him and he had a bunch of them.

If basketball were an individual sport like tennis, Kobe is pretty easily top three all time IMO. If you're going to need good teammates to help you, there's no better team to attract them than the Lakers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You know what? Good for him for passing when it counts. He couldn't have worked harder as a player. He couldn't have squeezed more out of his abilities as an athlete. He clearly cared about his craft. He just wasn't the best teammate because he couldn't forgive anyone that didn't work as hard as he did. That means there were like five guys in NBA history who he wouldn't have alienated. He needed the right kind of guys to be able to work with him and he had a bunch of them.

If basketball were an individual sport like tennis, Kobe is pretty easily top three all time IMO. If you're going to need good teammates to help you, there's no better team to attract them than the Lakers.
    Amen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dale are zero, nada, nothing and zip all meaning the same thing?
    Zero?

Fo Fo Fo Fo

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dale are zero, nada, nothing and zip all meaning the same thing?
    Zero?

Fo Fo Fo Fo
    Speak coherently, GD it. Suns won tonite and I am sour and put upon. If I had a dog, I'd beat it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And that’s why Magic > Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why Kobe is only top ten in Lakerfan lists.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Magic had his own demons early on, he was not pure by any means. Couldn't hit the broad side of a good sized barn till the Celtics egged him on so maliciously he learned to shoot from the outside. That's how we finally broke thru in Massachusetts in June of '85.

Magic had his own demons at the last. Let himself be AID'ed and it cost him and us an unknown number of NBA World Championships. Then finally returns and makes a complete ass of himself by physically accosting an NBA referee.

But he remains our savior. Instead of permitting the Celtics and (MSM in close association to ruin him) as they'd ruined Baylor, Dale/me, West, Jabbar and so many other Lakers he hardened himself to it, embraced it, instead of fleeing and hiding from it. Then Magic dragged the affected from their hiding places in '85 and freed us all. And he did it not out of hatred, anger and vengeance, (as I'd demanded) but did it in the spirit of our salvation: a grailed quest. That I don't forget. That remains Magic's finest hour. Without him we're still wandering in the dark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why Kobe is only top ten in Lakerfan lists.
    yep

But as you said, top 3 all time iso player, and nobody, not even MJ, has worked so hard on his craft

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yep

But as you said, top 3 all time iso player, and nobody, not even MJ, has worked so hard on his craft
    ...but cost himself & (us) valuable year(s) of his absolute zenith because he'd dallied with strange wool.

And just thank Christ it was in "Jerkwater, USA."

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Best players I saw in their prime

Jordan
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Lebron

Next 3: Kobe, Curry, Jokic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jordan
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Lebron

Pre-fatness/injuries Shaq was a force

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jordan
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Lebron

I can make a strong argument that Garnett and Barkley had a higher peak than Kobe.

Thread Information