Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God the Sixers were morons for trading him. I could understand the logic of Houston doing it since they wanted to tank for Sampson but he was only 30 when Philly gifted him to the Bullets WTF. Especially after hearing how great a leader Moses was from Charles Barkley and how Moses was responsible for getting Chuck to take his job seriously instead of eating his way out of the league.

RIP Moses, you're a mother ing legend

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And Jabbar couldn't handle him, that was the main problem in that circa. Jabbar was too tall and Malone would get in there in his midst and corkscrew his . It looked odd and it just would not work. Though it didn't stop us from trying it endlessly to no avail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses was definitely underrated. He is much closer to shaq than anyone would give me credit for (other than Russo) but I would put moses slightly below shaq or at most equal.

Malone was an adversary to the lakers. Shaq played with the lakers so that in itself would push Malone down the all time list a few notches and boost shaq up a few notches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both of them had short primes

Moses punked Kareem twice in the post season - 81 and 83

Shaq was dominant in his prime

Moses was strong but not as strong as Shaq but more skilled

Shaq not as skilled but physically ultra dominant

I think I would go with Shaq

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God the Sixers were morons for trading him. I could understand the logic of Houston doing it since they wanted to tank for Sampson but he was only 30 when Philly gifted him to the Bullets WTF. Especially after hearing how great a leader Moses was from Charles Barkley and how Moses was responsible for getting Chuck to take his job seriously instead of eating his way out of the league.

RIP Moses, you're a mother ing legend
    By the end of the 85 season, Sixers were old

Celtics outran them and Moses started to decline, Parish ate his lunch that year in the playoffs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    By the end of the 85 season, Sixers were old

Celtics outran them and Moses started to decline, Parish ate his lunch that year in the playoffs
    ...then had his own lunch eaten right there in Boston. They was limpin' around, Stockton: "Oh, look, double 00's feet. Oh, this is terrible. Oh. goodness, you have to feel sorry for him. I don't know if this is fair. I don't know if this is right. I think I'm about to call CBS and ask for a replacement for myself. Oh, Red and his Auerbach. Look, he's so concerned. Oh. Oh. Oh."

Then afterward, when they was doing the post mortem happy horse . It was like somebody had died, or, lost money. Hushed tones, reverent stances. I could hear a pin drop.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    You have to go with Shaq.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Moses before my time. I remember first seeing his name pop up on all time data categories - 3x NBA MVP. Very rare.

Maybe because Sixers have been mediocre since except for Iverson - Very little media mention of Moses. I only see him mentioned as player that skipped College.

The '83 Sixers sit alongside the 1985 Bears as included in GOAT team discussions but only rung once.

Walton do entary - Sixers epic series. Philly seemed to have locker room drama. Philadelphia is a classic American city & sports town but I would rank 1 below Detroit. Below Chicago.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Shaquille

3-Franchises to the NBA Finals
    3-Peat
    Numerous Rule changes

Perfect off court reputation. Most Global well recognized black athlete since Jordan. I remember asking Polaks in villages "Shaq?"
    And they knew. The size, the smile & humor.

I've never met someone that disliked Shaq. He's up there with Bob Marley, Ghandi, Tom Hanks, Pamela Amderson

Since I watched NBA regularly
    - MJ
    - Shaq
    - Duncan
    - Lebron

Anywhere, anytime. Build around them & Rings will happen

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off, it's tough to put a guy on an all time team when the NBA made a rule change to help him. It's also tough when you have to put a dude on the bench at the end of a game because he can't hit a free throw.

Mostly, Shaq would be higher on the list for me if his ing fat ass had been in shape. I remember one year he waited until the season was about to start before getting toe surgery and he was out until January. He was dominant, he was one of a kind, and he is about as good a guy as ever suited up in the league. But he was the anti-Duncan when it came to being a professional and being prepared. Kobe was a teammate because he was so unforgiving of teammates, but maybe Shaq made him that way.

Moses is the one who told Charles Barkley he was a in lard ass and he'd be in the hall of fame if he lost 30 pounds.

That, and he was the best player on the second best NBA team I ever saw play.

Mo mo mo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaquille

3-Peat
    No one with hi BBIQ recognizes the *3 peat*.
    The Kings won, period.

2. 3 Franchise Finals indeed impressive.
    Mo did it with 2. Also while playing alongside the best in the Eastern Conf, that being Bob Parish, McHale and other good EC frontlines.

Shaq waltzed in against pussified West Conf teams and Kobme Laker reffing.
    Deduct points.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    First off, it's tough to put a guy on an all time team when the NBA made a rule change to help him. It's also tough when you have to put a dude on the bench at the end of a game because he can't hit a free throw.

Mostly, Shaq would be higher on the list for me if his ing fat ass had been in shape. I remember one year he waited until the season was about to start before getting toe surgery and he was out until January. He was dominant, he was one of a kind, and he is about as good a guy as ever suited up in the league. But he was the anti-Duncan when it came to being a professional and being prepared. Kobe was a teammate because he was so unforgiving of teammates, but maybe Shaq made him that way.

Moses is the one who told Charles Barkley he was a in lard ass and he'd be in the hall of fame if he lost 30 pounds.

That, and he was the best player on the second best NBA team I ever saw play.

Mo mo mo.
    Your Duncan was no angel, Obst. He let that White woman from town take that NBA Championship down in Florida from ya's. Now you're short one, forever.

Sure, the league AND media kept their yaps shut about it in the circa, but I ain't the league and he ed up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Kings won, period.

Mo did it with 2. Also while playing alongside the best in the Eastern Conf, that being Bob Parish, McHale and other good EC frontlines.

Deduct points.

Your Duncan was no angel, Mult. He let that White woman from town take that NBA Championship down in Florida from ya's. Now you're short one, forever.

Sure, the league AND media kept their yaps shut about it in the circa, but I ain't the league and he ed up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Kings won, period.

Deduct points.
    And don't give me that BS on that 3-peat. Adelman begged that SOB outta that last TO to wiggle into Horry's jock strap with him and the stubborn bas wouldn't listen, turned his back---started wandering back up that lane. Jackson didn't have to tell Horry to drop anchor. He knew without being told.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shaquille

3-Peat
    Numerous Rule changes

Perfect off court reputation. Most Global well recognized black athlete since Jordan. I remember asking Polaks in villages "Shaq?"
    And they knew. The size, the smile & humor.

I've never met someone that disliked Shaq. He's up there with Bob Marley, Ghandi, Tom Hanks, Pamela Amderson

Since I watched NBA regularly
    - MJ
    - Shaq
    - Duncan
    - Lebron

Anywhere, anytime. Build around them & Rings will happen
    You can take Hanks, turn him sidewise and shove him up your ass, Frosty. He's a . Another SOB who couldn't live with Trump making President.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your Duncan was no angel, Obst. He let that White woman from town take that NBA Championship down in Florida from ya's. Now you're short one, forever.

Aww! You get your feefees hurt because someone tells the truth about the fat center that abandoned you and helped a better shooting guard win a ring? That's so precious.

Was there a white woman playing for the Heat? What the are you even talking about? Lmao Popovich cost Timmy more rings than your copypasta white woman did. Timmy is still second only to Jordan all-time. There isn't a Laker that comes close.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Aww! You get your feefees hurt because someone tells the truth about the fat center that abandoned you and helped a better shooting guard win a ring? That's so precious.

Was there a white woman playing for the Heat? What the are you even talking about? Lmao Popovich cost Timmy more rings than your copypasta white woman did. Timmy is still second only to Jordan all-time. There isn't a Laker that comes close.
    Don't give me that bull . Duncan was married to that fancy ass White girl. She took up with the Mexican pool cleaner. She wanted a divorce and everything that was OR was not nailed down. Instead of Duncan just giving it to her so she'd go away and he could get back to business, he stonewalled her and she bit back stalking him the rest of the way. He got distracted, missed that bunny late inn Florida and you're short one, forever. Now, do you want me to set a sun, Obst, or, have you had enough?

As to this Daddy & Kobe. Yes, Daddy abandoned us and I too thought Kobe would end up ass over the teacup in terms of total rings.

Kobe: 5
    Daddy: 4

Merry in' Christmas, Obst.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isn't a (credible) one. I never could stand O'Neal, but I'd rank only Abdul-Jabbar and Duncan above him . . .

Tier 1: Abdul-Jabbar
    Tier 2: Duncan, O'Neal, Olajuwon
    Tier 3: Jokic, Robinson, Malone
    Tier 4: Embiid, Davis
    Tier 5: P. Gasol, Ewing, Howard

Chamberlain and Russell are difficult to contextualize, Walton lacked longevity and Sabonis entered the league post prime.
    Last edited by TD 21; 12-25-2023 at 11:44 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There isn't a (credible) one. I never could stand O'Neal, but I'd rank only Abdul-Jabbar and Duncan above him . . .

Chamberlain and Russell are difficult to contextualize, Walton lacked longevity and Sabonis entered the league post prime.
    + Jabbar has 6.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

DRob isn't 3rd tier. Drop Davis too.

But overall good list. Barkley led the Suns to the Finals in a loaded West during the Center era. Chuck would ring today.

Howard vs Alonzo Mourning

McHale and KG
    Last edited by FrostKing; 12-26-2023 at 01:24 AM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    1. Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Shaq, Duncan
    2. Hakeem, Malone, Chuck, KG, Jokic
    3. Robinson, Gasol, Ewing, McHale
    Next: Sabonis, Howard, Davis, Alonzo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barkley and KG is the same tier as robinson. Barkley is a black hole on offense and can never win a le because of this. He doesn’t play any defence and needed a crazily loaded suns team plus 64 FTs to get to the finals. I love chuck, one of my favourite non spurs player and the one single non spurs player I would love to meet in person, but he is a very difficult player to build around.

KG is literally robinson lite. Everything he does Robinson did better (except range of his outside shot).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barkley and KG is the same tier as robinson. Barkley is a black hole on offense and can never win a le because of this. He doesn’t play any defence and needed a crazily loaded suns team plus 64 FTs to get to the finals. I love chuck, one of my favourite non spurs player and the one single non spurs player I would love to meet in person, but he is a very difficult player to build around.

KG is literally robinson lite. Everything he does Robinson did better (except range of his outside shot).
    I met him a couple of times when he was on the Sixers and he is really is great to fans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I slapped this together in like 2 minutes, but yeah if Howard is included, then it's fair to add Mourning too.

I'd actually lean Olajuwon in the third tier and Malone in the fourth tier, but I know that wouldn't be consensus.

Garnett, Barkley, McHale, etc. weren't included because they weren't C's. Spare me the notion that Duncan, P. Gasol and Davis weren't either or that Duncan can't double as the GOAT PF, when he primarily nominally played it his first 9 seasons and did it better than anyone in history.

Thread Information