My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the matrix 3 sucked ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks will stay irrelevant, as they always have

Won a cheap covid ring and the face of the franchise cries over not getting a basketball...what a ing pussy.

Get Lillard for one year and act like they're gonna win something...end up irrelevant still and Lillard bounces to Miami

Tragic city with tragic fans and a tragic team....no wonder you all look up to that Greek pussy

Enjoy your ty house in your ty neighbourhood while you idolise a pussy

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotta root for small market teams. good luck bucks

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Bucks will stay irrelevant, as they always have

Won a cheap covid ring and the face of the franchise cries over not getting a basketball...what a ing pussy.

Get Lillard for one year and act like they're gonna win something...end up irrelevant still and Lillard bounces to Miami

Tragic city with tragic fans and a tragic team....no wonder you all look up to that Greek pussy

Enjoy your ty house in your ty neighbourhood while you idolise a pussy
    lol tilted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When people keep falling for the “op is a real bucks fan” schtick.

Sup stretch

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cuatro ganas puta

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    When people keep falling for the “op is a real bucks fan” schtick.

Sup stretch
    hi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I blame everybody minus Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were relevant for like 3 games this year, which was nice

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were relevant for like 3 games this year, which was nice
    4.5 games tbh. Season went from ridiculously exciting to ing in the third quarter of the Toronto game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the matrix 3 sucked ass
    No it in didn't, and I'm tired of people saying it did.

Sure it wasn't the most fleshed-out movie, and the pacing was a bit weird at times, but the thematic lines that Matrix was drawing the first two movies came to a great crescendo and final on the third.

From the weirdness of the Matrix shown through the rotten Architect's mind, to the true nature of Mr Smith revealed (and a terribly on-point prediction of modern, mass social media interactions) and its downfall, to Zion and the new humanity rebirth, culminating in a depressingly abstract finale...

It was never gonna be the like the first movie, because that was the easiest to make. It's always harder to finish a story than start it, because people have expectations now. But rewatch all three movies back-to-back, and they are surprisingly coherent.

The second one is flimsiest IMO. Lotta weird there, all that castle bull was just wack.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Sure it wasn't the most fleshed-out movie, and the pacing was a bit weird at times, but the thematic lines that Matrix was drawing the first two movies came to a great crescendo and final on the third.

From the weirdness of the Matrix shown through the rotten Architect's mind, to the true nature of Mr Smith revealed (and a terribly on-point prediction of modern, mass social media interactions) and its downfall, to Zion and the new humanity rebirth, culminating in a depressingly abstract finale...

It was never gonna be the like the first movie, because that was the easiest to make. It's always harder to finish a story than start it, because people have expectations now. But rewatch all three movies back-to-back, and they are surprisingly coherent.

The second one is flimsiest IMO. Lotta weird there, all that castle bull was just wack.
    No it sucked. Got too far up its own ass.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matrix 2 and 3 sucksx. Should have stopped at 1 tbh

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Matrix 2 and 3 sucksx. Should have stopped at 1 tbh
    2 started getting away from the darkness of 1, but even in 2 you could feel the darkness of the Matrix while they were in it. Both 2 and 3 spent too much time "in the real world". Real world was just cookie cutter post apocalyptical clichés, like forcing a Trinity and Neo pairing that never worked from the beginning and the tribal dancing and overall theme. The two never had any on screen chemistry, maybe because Moss is hideous, not sure. Charlize Theron would have been a better Trinity. Even in 3 though some of the action was pretty tight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree with your take on the third matrix. The theme of being used and discarded remains pertinent, though it's clear big business and the corporatocracy could subs ute for the matrix in how much they dominate our lives.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a true "LMAO Spurs" thread without "Lol Bonner" and "Lol Jefferson". It just isn't. That cracked me up every time, lol.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    It's not a true "LMAO Spurs" thread without "Lol Bonner" and "Lol Jefferson". It just isn't. That cracked me up every time, lol.
    ur right im slacking

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ur right im slacking
    Lol, good times!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The outline for the trilogy was strong, the execution for the second and third flick were dog though. Night and day to the first one. They should've kept stealing from GITS and Akira, because those are the strong moments in the first flick. The cinematography, editing, storyboarding... I'd say perfect on those points for the first movie, (which is rare for an action flick) and obviously lacking in the sequels. There are iconic moments, the consistency isn't there though. The first installment was absolutely not the easiest to make. The opposite as those sequels just depended on "cool fights with loved characters" to get produced

I don't get how Smith revealed anything humanity-related like social media interaction either. He was a macro part of the checks and balancing system to keep the Matrix in a state of rebirth/improvement. It was always inevitable that he and the others would become rogue virus-like programs. I didn't see anything abstract about the finale either. Neo/Trinity vs Bots/Programs are just common dionysian vs apollonian topics that we've seen in sci-fi forever. It's a good topic, but nothing touching Tarkovsky, Lynch levels of abstract insight.

The Architect, Keymaker, Oracle, Seraph, etc were cool characters. Not enough to hide that the movie was shlock. The Animatrix was stronger than anything beyond the first movie

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the matrix 3 sucked ass
    The 4th one was even worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every Matrix except the first one was ass.

Thread Information