Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is known for poor Defense and bad shooting.

Topics biggest weakness? Poor defense and bad shooting.

Uh....
    I'm not high on Topic.

He is too weak in many areas and if he can't get to the rim for layups like he's doing in these softer leagues at the same rate in the NBA what is he going to bring to the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not high on Topic.

He is too weak in many areas and if he can't get to the rim for layups like he's doing in these softer leagues at the same rate in the NBA what is he going to bring to the team.
    Hate to break it to you, but Europe is not softer in the paint, the NBA is. Doncic constantly says how much easier it is to score here than in the Euroleague. You almost can’t touch an NBA player driving to the rim, without fouling.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to break it to you, but Europe is not softer in the paint, the NBA is. Doncic constantly says how much easier it is to score here than in the Euroleague. You almost can’t touch an NBA player driving to the rim, without fouling.
    He's played 10 minutes of Euroleague in his career according to Basketball Reference

https://www.basketball-reference.com...a-topic-1.html

If he puts up big numbers in Euroleague I'll be extremely impressed by him but ABA and Euroleague games are two different animals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's played 10 minutes of Euroleague in his career according to Basketball Reference

https://www.basketball-reference.com...a-topic-1.html
    He just probably doubled that in his first game back, and will finish the season with Red Star after his call up. He’ll be evaluated as having played in Euroleague, since more than half his games will be there by the end of the season.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not buying it. The NBA is the best basketball league in the world. The players are faster and bigger and jump better in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his Dec 30 game, Topic logged 24 minutes in a starting role (tied for most on the team with an American ex-pat named Mike Tobey who played 2 NBA games in 2016-17), and scored 8 pts (2-10 FG, 0-5 3P, 4-4 FT), 3 Reb, 5 Ast, 3 TO, 1 Block. His team won 80-48. I don't know if this was a Euroleague game or not (more on that below)

Folks can follow along the team's progress here: https://basketball.realgm.com/intern...vezda/schedule

Here is his season stats page: https://basketball.realgm.com/player...Summary/179307

The first link lists the Dec 30 game as Euroleague but his individual stats show only one game back with this team and it is under Liga ABA. Either will, will reserve judgement until more games are under the belt.

Didn't know Adam Hanga was on his team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not buying it. The NBA is the best basketball league in the world. The players are faster and bigger and jump better in the NBA.
    These Euroleagues are full of guys not good enough for the NBA who probably foul hard AF, and refs too afraid for their lives to call a foul. I don't doubt it's more physical in that way

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is known for poor Defense and bad shooting.

Topics biggest weakness? Poor defense and bad shooting.

Uh....
    They're also known for lack of rim pressure and play making.

Topic's biggest strengths? Rim pressure and play making.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA is a tough place for guards who aren’t credible threats from 3 or defend. There is a reason OKC is going to punt Giddey off that team the first chance they get - his off court issues notwithstanding.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you concerned that Topic has a melanin and cornrow deficiency?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t really matter if you buy it or not. I’ll take Doncic as a subject matter expert over you 7 days a week and twice on Sundays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t really matter if you buy it or not. I’ll take Doncic as a subject matter expert over you 7 days a week and twice on Sundays
    Topic's got the ic factor -- like Doncic.

He'll make it big in the NBA and he's the type of drink-stirring player the Spurs could use just like Manu was (and, of course, they said the same things about Manu before he came over, like how he would never do those Euro things over here).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his Dec 30 game, Topic logged 24 minutes in a starting role (tied for most on the team with an American ex-pat named Mike Tobey who played 2 NBA games in 2016-17), and scored 8 pts (2-10 FG, 0-5 3P, 4-4 FT), 3 Reb, 5 Ast, 3 TO, 1 Block. His team won 80-48. I don't know if this was a Euroleague game or not (more on that below)
    It was an ABA League game. He hasn't played in Euroleague so far. His team has a game against a Turkish team today.

Here is his Euroleague schedule:
    https://www.euroleaguebasketball.net...season=2023-24
    His Euroleague stats will be available there:
    https://www.euroleaguebasketball.net...-topic/010985/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was an ABA League game. He hasn't played in Euroleague so far. His team has a game against a Turkish team today.

Here is his Euroleague schedule:
    https://www.euroleaguebasketball.net...season=2023-24
    His Euroleague stats will be available there:
    https://www.euroleaguebasketball.net...-topic/010985/
    Yes and normally he will play. He was With the team for their last euroLeague game.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Selecting this scrub over Rob Dillingham should be punishable worse than an act of terrorism would be by the US Supreme Court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Euroleagues are full of guys not good enough for the NBA who probably foul hard AF, and refs too afraid for their lives to call a foul. I don't doubt it's more physical in that way
    The last 3 mvp’s are international plus Wemby and Doncic soon… they’re good enough

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First game in the Euro League

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team