Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread is about Murray coming back to the Spurs. Start your thread about Rivers or post under one of the 100 fire pop threads. Try to keep up baby girl.
    Aww are you wetting your pampers over the thought of Coach Pop leaving?

You'll 99% get your suck choice that he will continue to drag down.

We're talking trade scenarios. Lose the thought control wanna be police trip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im still a fan of DJ the player tbh. would love him back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. no.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no.

Need a true point guard whose sole purpose in life is to set up his teammates and lead the league in assists every year he plays in the NBA.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar Derozan taught this young team to pound the air out of the ball and not pass. Then Dejounte Murray took the torch and learned to farm assists like Russell Westbrook and Rajon Rondo. More me first guys! There's a Kobe jab in here somewhere but I hit the limit on tasteless jokes for 2023.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aww are you wetting your pampers over the thought of Coach Pop leaving?

You'll 99% get your suck choice that he will continue to drag down.

We're talking trade scenarios. Lose the thought control wanna be police trip.
    You're the one that keeps crying about pop coaching the spurs. if pop decides to retire at the end of the year, so be it.
    But you want him gone, and who do you want to replace him? Y'all keep wanting him fired and the best you can come up with is doc rivers
    Also, you get rid of pop you might as well get rid of everyone who ever had a hand in the spurs success...cuz they aint sticking around for doc rivers

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. The hawks gonna sucks and the draft picks will be damn valuable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Atlanta's picks and swaps are gonna worth much more thant DJ would bring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner/Blair + 2rd pick for Murray.

Do it PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner/Blair + 2rd pick for Murray.

Do it PATFO
    throw in Neal as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    throw in Neal as well
    Neal raped. Period.

- Dale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one that keeps crying about pop coaching the spurs. if pop decides to retire at the end of the year, so be it.
    But you want him gone, and who do you want to replace him? Y'all keep wanting him fired and the best you can come up with is doc rivers
    Also, you get rid of pop you might as well get rid of everyone who ever had a hand in the spurs success...cuz they aint sticking around for doc rivers
    Reading comprehension please.
    A lame Strawman by you but this is ST.

The link to Doc Rivers was showing that the Celtics received an UNCONDITIONAL 1st round pick for trading him.

We could do the same with Popped.
    And maybe gain two unconditional 1st round picks. or 3, or 4, or 5. You know, because Pop is sooo great and surely the Hawks and any other NBA team would offer up tons to get him, right?
    You would lose your and be lost.

It's not going to happen.
    But it is technically an option. A great one at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading comprehension please.
    A lame Strawman by you but this is ST.

The link to Doc Rivers was showing that the Celtics received an UNCONDITIONAL 1st round pick for trading him.

We could do the same with Popped.
    And maybe gain two unconditional 1st round picks. or 3, or 4, or 5. You know, because Pop is sooo great and surely the Hawks and any other NBA team would offer up tons to get him, right?
    You would lose your and be lost.

It's not going to happen.
    But it is technically an option. A great one at that.
    It not that reading comprehension is the problem...it's me scrolling past your post. You quoted me after I mentioned DJ as a cancer and not worth bringing back...you had to comment about trading pop...something that you say is not going to happen...so, ya post...stick to the OP please and stop brining up the same garbage in every thread...it gets old...thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pampers change please. ^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally get not loving Murray's at ude and wanting to avoid bringing back a malcontent. But I think it's absurd how many people are arguing that the Spurs shouldn't do this because Murray might not defer to Victor. The Spurs absolutely need to bring in a perimeter star, and that star shouldn't defer to Wemby either. The Spurs aren't going to be a good team while being the Victor show right now. Dude is extremely raw and needs to focus on developing a sustainable NBA game. It would help him so much to actually have a perimeter star who can take over the number 1 role for a couple of years. Ideally that player is a great creator who can get the other players shots while also being able to get their own consistently. You want Wemby to get lobs? Then actually get a guy who will draw the defense to him so Victor would get open for easy looks.

So yeah, there are definitely players who wouldn't make sense to pursue. Anyone who would be jealous and ty (and I mean actually, proveably so, not the fanfics that player-fans talk about here) would be a touch sell. Chuckers wouldn't be ideal, though some players with that reputation wouldn't be bad. Murray might be out based on that criteria. I don't like his reliance on midrange attempts. The price in terms of salary is right, and on paper he can do a lot of things a third option on a le team needs to do. I wouldn't be against the trade if he is willing to be part of the Spurs. He'd only be the next step toward building their core. They'd still need that ace offensive player -- the one who could actually take over the team while Wemby develops. But if they could get a fringe All-Star locked up for like 60 percent of what some teams are paying for their third options, it could crack their window open eariler than it would if they were trying to follow the Jokic model (which they could later follow anyway).

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not seeing a scenario where he want to be back tbh.

especially if it's la vs sa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a heartbeat for the right price. I'd offer:

CHA Pick
    2027 Spurs FRP (Unprotected)
    2029 Spurs FRP (Unprotected)
    Sochan
    Branham

Giving up Sochan and Bran is probably unnecessarily, since this is basically the package ATL gave us, I just want to get rid of those two.

Basically, I'm betting that the Spurs will be deep playoff contenders by 2027/29

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Of course, but that doesn't mean he won't expect to be the star and get all the touches so it doesn't rectify the fact that Victor won't be the focal point.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    In a heartbeat for the right price. I'd offer:

CHA Pick
    2027 Spurs FRP (Unprotected)
    2029 Spurs FRP (Unprotected)
    Sochan
    Branham

Giving up Sochan and Bran is probably unnecessarily, since this is basically the package ATL gave us, I just want to get rid of those two.

Basically, I'm betting that the Spurs will be deep playoff contenders by 2027/29
    Unnecessary sure but we might be able to talk them into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where are people getting the notion that murray doesnt want to play alongside another star? he literally signed a bargain extension with the hawks where he's being forced off-ball quite a bit as a result of ATL being Trae's team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was called a fleecing for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God yes, I'll drive Sochan and Branham to the Greyhound terminal myself.
    that i'll even contribute toward them getting a PLANE ticket! Especially Branham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Atlanta's picks and swaps are gonna worth much more thant DJ would bring
    Not sure why this isn't a more widely held view on here. I'd love someone to educate me where we have the potential for higher draft picks, aside from our picks if we carry on the current trajectory, that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why this isn't a more widely held view on here. I'd love someone to educate me where we have the potential for higher draft picks, aside from our picks if we carry on the current trajectory, that is.
    It's an opinion that I generally agree with, but it's not really a binary choice - I would guess most of us here (including me) in favor of moving to bring him back want to have our cake and eat it too, which means we aren't offering to give ATL all their stuff back. The 2025 ATL pick is especially off the table if they are losing DJM. Gimme that juicy lotto pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering that most people want the spurs to draft a PG with our high lottery pick,. Dealing for murray could allow two top 15 defensive wings.

As to rescinding the trade, no, but youd need to give at least one back, one fake.(protected), seconds from the stash, and salary.

This would be a way higher upside than a 19yr old PG learning NBA schemes.

Thread Information