Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genuine question and just putting this out there for discussion because I am on the fence.

Dejounte WAS a San Antonio fan favorite and All-Star, but also said some ty things going out the door.

He is still a good offensive point guard (which we need) and plays solid defense.

On the other hand, not sure what assets the Spurs would need to give up to bring him back or if the relationship is already broken. I'm imagining a few picks and one of our prospects like Branham or Sochan.

Murray may also just be DeRozan 2.0....and I say that with all due respect to DeMar but their games are very similar and neither has really won at the highest level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t want him back unless it’s super cheap, however, now would be a wonderful time for Atlanta to implode.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    He averaged 9 assist a game playing next to a bunch of garbage, so I imagine he'd easily be able to average 10+ with someone like Vic considering he can actually throw a lob pass.

Depends on the price but I wouldn't mind having him back tbh. yeah he said some dumb but mostly because he's immature and was being trashed on social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm imagining a few picks and one of our prospects like Branham or Sochan.
    Are you serious?

Done and done.
    I would do that trade immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope
    dont want

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely, the cost is the question.
    I assume they would ask for a few of their own picks back, but man if they're blowing up their team rn we should absolutely NOT trade their picks because they're about to be insanely valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know who else you can include in the trade.
    Get back a 1st round pick too.

Celtics Announce Trade Of Doc Rivers To Clippers - CBS Boston (cbsnews.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah why not, if it's not through the draft then there's slim pickings out there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genuine question and just putting this out there for discussion because I am on the fence.

Dejounte WAS a San Antonio fan favorite and All-Star, but also said some ty things going out the door.

He is still a good offensive point guard (which we need) and plays solid defense.

On the other hand, not sure what assets the Spurs would need to give up to bring him back or if the relationship is already broken. I'm imagining a few picks and one of our prospects like Branham or Sochan.

Murray may also just be DeRozan 2.0....and I say that with all due respect to DeMar but their games are very similar and neither has really won at the highest level.
    God yes, I'll drive Sochan and Branham to the Greyhound terminal myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has badly trashed Spurs since he was traded.

I think he would be a very good fit with the current team but I would put two non negotiable conditions for him to come back:
    1) He must really want to be back with Spurs. I don't want Spurs to have a player that isn't fully on board with them.
    2) He must be fine with Spurs being Wembanyama's team. He won't be Spurs' franchise player.

Atlanta would be more than pleased to rescind the trade. The Trae and Murray pairing hasn't really worked out. Giving back their 2025, 2027, and 2026 swap to Atlanta should be more than enough to get him back.

Saying all that, I think Murray is still angry/biter towards Spurs and is convinced they have treated him badly. He definitively shouldn't be back in these cir stances.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think he would be a very good fit with the current team but I would put two non negotiable conditions for him to come back:
    1) He must really want to be back with Spurs. I don't want Spurs to have a player that isn't fully on board with them.
    2) He must be fine with Spurs being Wembanyama's team. He won't be Spurs' franchise player.

Atlanta would be more than pleased to rescind the trade. The Trae and Murray pairing hasn't really worked out. Giving back their 2025, 2027, and 2026 swap to Atlanta should be more than enough to get him back.

Saying all that, I think Murray is still angry/biter towards Spurs and is convinced they have treated him badly. He definitively shouldn't be back in these cir stances.
    They can't get them all back since the Spurs will have to send out salary to match the $18 million Dejounte is being paid this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks. We already have enough guys that don't like the attention Wemby is getting tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass. I didn’t like when I saw his back against the wall, he would bite the hands that feed him. I apologize to the DJ fans, but he’s a thug hiding on sheep’s clothing and finally showed his true colors when he was out of Spurs organization. I didn’t like him talking back to Pop on the bench in front of the young guys, and god knows how that would show to the young team. Besides I think he gambles a lot for his steals stat, getting burn occasionally with his guy free lane and Poeltl’s guy open dunks. He pads stats to be relevant. Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't get them all back since the Spurs will have to send out salary to match the $18 million Dejounte is being paid this year.
    Spurs would add players like Graham or McDermott to match salaries.

Murray for Graham, 2025 and 2027 Atl 1st, 2026 swap canceled works salary wise.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass. I didn’t like when I saw his back against the wall, he would bite the hands that feed him. I apologize to the DJ fans, but he’s a thug hiding on sheep’s clothing and finally showed his true colors when he was out of Spurs organization. I didn’t like him talking back to Pop on the bench in front of the young guys, and god knows how that would show to the young team. Besides I think he gambles a lot for his steals stat, getting burn occasionally with his guy free lane and Poeltl’s guy open dunks. He pads stats to be relevant. Nope
    Talk back to the worst coach in basketball? How dare he

People in here talking about Dejounte at ude be he is the one who said the Spurs had problems "bigger than basketball" and we legit been the second worst team in the nba since then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lot of salary to cover. Would want at least a 1st rounder and a swap on another 1st rounder to take him back. Could throw in a couple end of benchers to make room for him.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The upside is the only way he would come back is over Pop's dead body. So count me as an enthusiastic yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The upside is the only way he would come back is over Pop's dead body. So count me as an enthusiastic yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs giving them back what they coughed up for DJM would be an all time terrible trade. Murray is not worth anywhere near what ATL paid for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would add players like..... McDermott to match salaries.

Murray for [McDermott], 2025 and 2027 Atl 1st, 2026 swap canceled works salary wise.
    Oh my this just keeps getting better and better.

Do it today!

Would ATL really fall for this?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not sure...We already got guys who think they are the star of the team...Not sure adding another
    will be a good idea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we already got multiple FRP’s for this diva, and people wants him back? Real smart. If it were Derrick, yes. What has DJ done since he left the Spurs? There are reasons why he’s in trade discussions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait do we need to hang on to at least one of those #1 picks for the Boozer sweepstakes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can see the Spurs trying to get back former players, but they aren't going to do so by rescinding their previous trades. Thats not how front offices generally work, either. I would have probably done something like this if the Spurs had a chance to get back Derrick White but that ship has sailed too. The Spurs have no choice but to build via the lottery and Free Agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not sure...We already got guys who think they are the star of the team...Not sure adding another
    will be a good idea
    He's been deferring to punk ass Trae Young.
    What makes you think he would not to Wama?

Thread Information