Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanna keep track of all the things the genius has tried, while refusing to do the obvious and start Tre Jones or Devonte Graham at PG.

- Starting Sochan at PG
    - Starting Branham at PG
    - Starting Osman at PG
    - bringing Vassell off the bench
    - bringing Keldon Johnson off the bench
    - bringing Zach Collins off the bench
    - starting Champagnie at SF

did I miss anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting Graham at PG is the same solution as everything else. The dude plays PG because he’s short, not because he has PG skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanna keep track of all the things the genius has tried, while refusing to do the obvious and start Tre Jones or Devonte Graham at PG.

- Starting Sochan at PG
    - Starting Branham at PG
    - Starting Osman at PG

did I miss anything?
    They're definitely looking at everything as an experiment this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh god i forgot the vassell off the bench week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for him to try to bring Wemby off the bench tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    point mamu

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tre jones can't play in garbage time starting minutes would mean nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Analytics tell a different story

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting Graham at PG is the same solution as everything else. The dude plays PG because he’s short, not because he has PG skills.
    what....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham is not a great point guard or really even a good one, but he is at least functional.

At this point, not allowing the young players to develop within schemes that are at least functional is absolute coaching malpractice.

I can’t believe the Spurs, having been gifted THE prospect of this generation, and a golden opportunity to cultivate public sentiment for a downtown arena, are going to fritter it all away and still end up moving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's your typical dip . I've chatted with Pelican/Hornet fans and they all said he's a decent passer and will get the ball to the right people. You talk to Spur fans and they say he's just short. That sort of re ed is something you see on pounding the or the spurs subreddit, but I guess it's migrated here too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham was the 4th string PG for New Orleans behind McCollum, Alvarado, and Dyson Daniels... heck, maybe even 4a or 4b with Kira Lewis, and they're a team that is viewed as not having completely figured out their PG dilemma. The fact that he's being discussed as a possible starter shows just how far away the Spurs are right now. But the Spurs got four 2nd round picks for him and Josh Richardson wasn't part of the long term timeline, so it was still a smart deal. But yeah, I imagine he's beyond frustrated walking behind the tank formation, doing nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's your typical dip . I've chatted with Pelican/Hornet fans and they all said he's a decent passer and will get the ball to the right people. You talk to Spur fans and they say he's just short. That sort of re ed is something you see on pounding the or the spurs subreddit, but I guess it's migrated here too.
    It was 8 am when you made the choice to be upset about a post on a Spurs forum. Make better choices for your mental health because it’s in a sad state, clearly.

8 am smh

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part do you need explained? Graham is a short shooting guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re ed would be ignoring his role and his position on depth charts through his entire career in favor of the purported opinions of unnamed fans.

That would really be re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called KJ being a great prospective sixth man. The chest puffing, flexing etc is fantastic on a bench player - and his woeful defense is a lot less noticeable against bench tier players. His O meanwhile can and will shine. The best move Pop’s made this season lineup wise, by far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part do you need explained? I’m an ignorant dip .

Yes, that explains it.

Graham has been listed as a pg for his entire career. He is, in fact, a point guard.

Any other questions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed it was 8 am when a post was made to a Spurs forum that caused me to my pants. I need to make better choices for my mental health because it’s in a sad state, clearly.

Of all things to worry about, 8 am smh. You’d think I could do better.

Are we having fun yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham is a point guard. A score first PG who doesn't have great passing abilities.But he is a point guard who knows how to operate within an offense.

Sochan doesn't even know what to do handling the ball during 3 on 1 fast breaks.

With that said, Tre should start although he isn't great either...But he is a PG. The Spurs should strive to improve at the position, regardless.

This isn't complicated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Starting Sochan at PG
    - Starting Branham at PG
    - Starting Osman at PG

did I miss anything?

It appears Pop is averse to starting Jones or Graham at pg because they are such bad defenders. It goes back to the Spurs’ defense being so bad last season. That’s what the Sochan at pg business was all about, of course, it was primarily an attempt to improve the defense by replacing Tre with Sochan on the defensive end.

All a failure.

We can look forward, eagerly I’m sure, to many more such failures from Pop as the season, um, progresses, if that’s the right word, into the new year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham can at least hit 3s consistently, which not a lot of players on our team can. Also his bad defense doesn't matter since we're already historically bad on that end.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appears Pop is averse to starting Jones or Graham at pg because they are such bad defenders. It goes back to the Spurs’ defense being so bad last season. That’s what the Sochan at pg business was all about, of course, it was primarily an attempt to improve the defense by replacing Tre with Sochan on the defensive end.

All a failure.

We can look forward, eagerly I’m sure, to many more such failures from Pop as the season, um, progresses, if that’s the right word, into the new year.
    If Tre started he wouldn't be close to the worst defender on the starting lineup. Malaki is literally the worst defender in the NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop stopped basing starts on bad defense around the time he was crying over the possibility of the Spurs not being able to afford to re-sign Bryn Forbes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called KJ being a great prospective sixth man. The chest puffing, flexing etc is fantastic on a bench player - and his woeful defense is a lot less noticeable against bench tier players. His O meanwhile can and will shine. The best move Pop’s made this season lineup wise, by far.
    Did you not watch the game last night? He played a role in Kessler coming in and looking like White Wilt Chamberlain for 3 minutes

Thread Information