Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor is still on a minutes restriction, and Collins fouled out in 17 minutes. That was the point.
    Seems like a natural time to give Barlow some run. Seemed like an obvious path for that since the Bassey injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sean was giddy during the telecast last night

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best first quarter, or any quarter, I've seen from the Spurs all season.

2nd and 3rd quarter were back to normal and I thought they'd lose the game...even with that monster lead. Spurs lose focus easily. That's youth.

Wemby was incredible. That guy is really something else. Only reason to watch the Spurs this season...but, it's a good reason

And I still like Collins. He can't handle bigs as well as I'd like, but this guy gives effort every game. Sometimes he's the best player in the game. Always setting picks, Plays the top of the Key center facilitator pretty damn well. I like him. He'll foul where others will move aside. He's gotta learn to stay on his feet and move more laterally defensively. I hope Duncan is helping him. He gives the effort. I think his natural positions are power forward or second team center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan has looked so much better being away from PG! We need him to continue to progress because he is important to our future. I loved him being decisive and just attacking the rim on fastbreaks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure hope spurs fans vote Wemby to the all star game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. It was great to see the Spurs win. It was great to see Wemby getting the lob passes, blocking and altering shots. He was also more disciplined of his selection shots. My only criticism is his 6 rebounds. I truly expect Wemby to average double-double every night, especially on a night that Blazers had offensive rebound 22-to-7. It’s not all Wemby but single digit rebound sticks out. A lot also from the other players to box out their guys and avoid 2nd chances. That helped Blazers to get back (plus them getting hot on 3 especially Brogdon). For that I will not give Wemby A+, maybe A-. But only because Wemby is so capable to do more rebounding the ball.

I like Keldon coming off the bench. Again this allowed plenty of touches for Wemby early, while also spreading the touches to Keldon when he gets in. But I need Keldon not to settle on shooting 3 pointers. 1-of-6 was not good, and also not getting into the FT line. Keldon is very capable of attacking the rim EVERY SINGLE TIME. He brings so much energy doing that, and would get the opponents in foul-trouble early.

I thought Zach battled well, and was physical down low. Sure he could’ve controlled the boards better. But I don’t see why people hating him in this group when Zach is the more physical player out there every night. Sure he gets beat but not for lacking of trying. I think Zach has the potential to be one of the better backup bigs. He moves well, passes the ball, has range (when he’s not forcing the 3pt shots), and has plenty of dog in him.

Brahnam was acceptable last night. He is not Spurs starting PG in the future, but this gig is again developing the players to have more skills that Spurs can use in the future. Malaki’s pedestrian defense is an understatement, allowing Scott 25 points (but alas Scoot has been advertised as a scoring guard becoming a top 3 pick). I think Pop could’ve inserted Blake, a better POA defender, with the big lead and helped control the lead. Blake needs to get more minutes, than just garbage time. I think Blake’s defense could’ve help sustain the lead.

Overall it was a great win, even though the Blazers were missing 4 rotation players. Let’s see how the players respond tonight with Blazers making sone adjustments. I think the Spurs also have some adjustments to make especially controlling the boards, and protecting the 3’s. Let’s go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes, Sochan attacking the rim early was great.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich tried his hardest to throw the game with that small ball lineup. Definitely not an A. Collins was abused inside, like every possession they went at him and scored or they missed and got a putback once he was out of position on the contest

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question: Last night Vic blocked a jumper so clean that it was called a jump ball. They didn't count it as a block.

What up with that?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes, Sochan attacking the rim early was great.
    It's pretty evident to my eyes that every problem he has is confidence-related. When he forgets and just plays he's really a help to the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought Zach battled well, and was physical down low. Sure he could’ve controlled the boards better. But I don’t see why people hating him in this group when Zach is the more physical player out there every night. Sure he gets beat but not for lacking of trying. I think Zach has the potential to be one of the better backup bigs. He moves well, passes the ball, has range (when he’s not forcing the 3pt shots), and has plenty of dog in him.

I also think that he battled well yesterday but his defense near the rim is really really weak imo, portland's players made some easy layups a lot of times and that's regular with collins.

Offensively he's good when he doesn't take a lot of threes, still he could be one of the better big off the bench but i'm less and less fan of his contract tough not awful.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor is still on a minutes restriction, and Collins fouled out in 17 minutes. That was the point.
    One day Pop will realize Barlow is on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One day Pop will realize Barlow is on the roster
    Yes with Bassey getting injured, I would think Barlow would get his minutes. Let’s see tonight on the 2nd night of a b2b.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

after any W this season...

Thread Information