Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That’s what YOU want,but it won’t happen until this summer.
    no, i want a lot actually. i just posted what i think will happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade could be made for Lavine by just giving up expiring and a lonely asset, like a 2025 1st top 3 protected or something. Lavine has no trade value and Bulls are playing better without him. They kinda looking into a rebuild too. I just think there can be something there if Spurs want Lavine. I don't think they will even bother. There is no need for a rush. But at the same time, rebuilding Lavine value could be something to look into.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Lavine and think he'd be a great early career sidekick to Wemby... unfortunately dude cannot stay healthy.

But let's say you could get him for the Bulls FRP back, plus the CHA pick and Branham. Then you sign Quickly in the offseason. Now you have a rotation that looks like:

Quickly/Draft Pick
    Lavine/Vassell
    Draft Pick/Johsnon
    Sochan/???
    Wemby/Collins

That looks like a major improvement to me.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavine is a black hole and not a type of player you want on your team long term, especially if you have to give up assets for them

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Lavine is a black hole and not a type of player you want on your team long term, especially if you have to give up assets for them
    i agree with this. might as well trade for demar, it'd even cost less to get him.

not that i'd want him either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero interest in Lavine lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Lavine please ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    throw Lavine in a ravine without a life ring, turn and walk away. He can stay in the Windy City for all I care.

I really like Keldon off the bench. I think Jeremy could be good off the bench as well.

Since the season is already trashed, I would love to see a handful of games where we start Wemby, Mamu, Sochan, Vassell, and Jones. I think Mamu and Jones would be able to facilitate better to Wemby and really set him up for some easy buckets.

As for trades, I do not want to trade Cedi. I really like him and his game. I am quite okay with shipping out Dougie and Graham.

As for Keldon, I am not sure what he would fetch on the open market, or who would have the cap space to match. It would probably be better just to keep him as our 6th man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade could be made for Lavine by just giving up expiring and a lonely asset, like a 2025 1st top 3 protected or something. Lavine has no trade value and Bulls are playing better without him. They kinda looking into a rebuild too. I just think there can be something there if Spurs want Lavine. I don't think they will even bother. There is no need for a rush. But at the same time, rebuilding Lavine value could be something to look into.
    Nope
    Spurs will not even inquire about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s making $40M on a contract that only increases, and his team is currently playing better without him. Where do I sign?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s making $40M on a contract that only increases, and his team is currently playing better without him. Where do I sign?
    It's if you can gets his value up. He'll raise the teams floor. It's just something to consider and I'm doubtful Bulls would let him go for they price anyway as they'll consider the same thing, increasing his value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A young small forward for Ivey. Sochan or Johnson. They need a veteran to show them how to play defense. Maybe Patrick Beverly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve actually really liked Keldon coming off the bench recently, and have long thought his best position long term is 6th man/supersub on a good team. If he’s willing to accept that role on this team, im happy to keep him long term.
    That makes alot of sense and 6th man is his future on pretty much any team in this league.

I also don't expect any trades at the deadline. I doubt we want to take any real salary back into next season. We might do a little something around the edges if a team wants Doug's shooting, for example, and could send an expiring and a 2nd, but not much more than that.

Now this summer, i expect real movement...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A young small forward for Ivey. Sochan or Johnson. They need a veteran to show them how to play defense. Maybe Patrick Beverly.
    If i could unload Sochan for someone else's underperforming sop re, I do that in a heartbeat. I'm not sure he's tradeable and i wouldn't pay to dump him, but i sure would like to move away from him.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're trading Keldon you better be getting offense in return, because I believe he is the only player on this team with a positive net rating on offense.
    Well, his defense is beyond atrocious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade McNuggets for a second rounder, but I don't think teams has any cap space available. I suppose we could take back a bad contract, but that's not an ideal deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade McNuggets for a second rounder, but I don't think teams has any cap space available. I suppose we could take back a bad contract, but that's not an ideal deal.
    Nobody is giving up cap space for McNuggets. A team with a longer, worse contract could value him as an expiring player tho

with that said, the days of getting good picks just for cap relief largely seem to be gone

we got 2s to take cedi and Payne. We did get a 1st swap all the way in 2030 for bullock but we also sent in several SRPs there as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually expect Cedi and Doug to be resigned to modest deals in the summer, and I kind of welcome that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could potentially take back a lesser player on an expiring to preserve space this summer

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually expect Cedi and Doug to be resigned to modest deals in the summer, and I kind of welcome that.
    Needed veteran shooting. If we ship them off we get significantly worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re checking to see if we’re a better team without Keldon. If we are or the same he’s tradable

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Lavine and think he'd be a great early career sidekick to Wemby... unfortunately dude cannot stay healthy.

But let's say you could get him for the Bulls FRP back, plus the CHA pick and Branham. Then you sign Quickly in the offseason. Now you have a rotation that looks like:

Quickly/Draft Pick
    Lavine/Vassell
    Draft Pick/Johsnon
    Sochan/???
    Wemby/Collins

That looks like a major improvement to me.
    Well

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    keldon + mcdermott + TOR's 2024 1st round pick + LAL's 2024 2nd round pick for siakam

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keldon + mcdermott + TOR's 2024 1st round pick + LAL's 2024 2nd round pick for siakam
    I'm not a huge siakam fan, but I'm trying to include Sochan instead of keldon or the Toronto pick if possible.

Thread Information