Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Siakam flat out say he won't resign with anyone who trades for him? TOR will basically just be looking for rental-compensation if that is the case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Siakam flat out say he won't resign with anyone who trades for him? TOR will basically just be looking for rental-compensation if that is the case.
    That was primarily because he was still supermax eligible this season if he made All-NBA with the Craptors.

Now that that ship has sailed, I would imagine whichever of the Hawks, Pacers, Kings, etc. trades for him will do so with the understanding that they have a strong chance to re-sign him.

Teams don't go into significant trades blind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That makes alot of sense and 6th man is his future on pretty much any team in this league.

I also don't expect any trades at the deadline. I doubt we want to take any real salary back into next season. We might do a little something around the edges if a team wants Doug's shooting, for example, and could send an expiring and a 2nd, but not much more than that.

Now this summer, i expect real movement...
    Agree with this, but the only thing about the summer is the “for who” question. I’m not immediately seeing who could be on the move yet or if there are any free agents that move the needle. That said, there always seems to be a stories about an unhappy player pop up out of seemingly nowhere and a regular clip, lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this, but the only thing about the summer is the “for who” question. I’m not immediately seeing who could be on the move yet or if there are any free agents that move the needle. That said, there always seems to be a stories about an unhappy player pop up out of seemingly nowhere and a regular clip, lol.
    That's my feeling too. I don't really see the available FA's that would fit here. Maybe a team somewhere will decide tobrebuild and move some guys for young players/picks...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Third word in the le says it all. Rumors, just rumors

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i’d rather get one or two significant players now & end up with a worse draft pick in lieu of just getting a top pick in the draft.

siakam & wemby defense is such a great starting point for establishing this team’s identîty.

and then like i’ve said before, sign cp3 when he agrees to a buyout this season.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs already have wemby, don’t slow build.

players’ attîtudes on trades are WAY different than before. and the draft, obviously, won’t treat the spurs as well as it did since everyone has upped their scouting game.

this is the time to be aggressive. keeping wemby happy by winning more games later this season will go a long way.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    spurs already have wemby, don’t slow build.

players’ attîtudes on trades are WAY different than before. and the draft, obviously, won’t treat the spurs as well as it did since everyone has upped their scouting game.

this is the time to be aggressive. keeping wemby happy by winning more games later this season will go a long way.
    If the Spurs were in a larger market, they'd likely go for a turn key roster but seeing how they are not, they have to grow organically. Outside of a forced trade, most 2nd tier to upper tier players won't intentionally come to San Antonio if they have other options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very few spurs have value. What are we trading for? I don't expect any trades of note this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually expect Cedi and Doug to be resigned to modest deals in the summer, and I kind of welcome that.
    Would make zero sense to trade.them as neither is bringing in a frp. Don't care if we keep them in a vacuum but they definitely aren't getting traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we think there’s a trade out there that could improve us in the short term without hurting us long term? Lol I refuse to believe the spurs should just accept another defeated season when they have a talent like Wemby. I’m not saying do something stupid but if a guy comes available that they’ve liked for a long time go get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only rumor I read was the Spurs would be interested in Bol Bol. I’d be down to see Wemby and Bol Bol play together. That would be fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we think there’s a trade out there that could improve us in the short term without hurting us long term? Lol I refuse to believe the spurs should just accept another defeated season when they have a talent like Wemby. I’m not saying do something stupid but if a guy comes available that they’ve liked for a long time go get him
    If this season has proven anything, it’s that Wemby is ready right now to win. None of that timeline bull is applicable here. Wemby is a piece that can become top 10 next season. Makes no sense to not take advantage of that. If there’s a nice 30 year old player that’s available, get him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i personally would of would of went all out for quickley...think hes gonna be a star

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this season has proven anything, it’s that Wemby is ready right now to win. None of that timeline bull is applicable here. Wemby is a piece that can become top 10 next season. Makes no sense to not take advantage of that. If there’s a nice 30 year old player that’s available, get him.
    I feel that Wemby is willing to sacrifice this season to have a nice pick next year but I doubt that he wants another year of that for 2024-2025. Cooper Flag would be nice but the Spurs would have to be lucky again and statistically it is unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to San Antonio media the Spurs have a 5-year plan. They should speed that up tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel that Wemby is willing to sacrifice this season to have a nice pick next year but I doubt that he wants another year of that for 2024-2025. Cooper Flag would be nice but the Spurs would have to be lucky again and statistically it is unlikely.
    It’s mostly the picks, ours and Toronto’s, but it’s also about getting him physically ready for a long NBA career. New York, with a fan boi owner who is as knowledgeable as most idiots here, didn’t do that, and Porzingas, the closest physical comp to Wemby, has been plagued with injuries, both major and minor tthroughout his career. Let’s not have that happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade deadline should be quiet for Spurs. They aren't looking to get better for the rest of the season and they don't have a player with significant value on the trading block.

The key factor of this trade deadline is whether or not Spurs want to keep cap space for this summer.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Very few spurs have value.
    they don't have a player with significant value on the trading block.
    you mortgage the future via trading picks. this is literally the perfect time to.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs aren’t winning a championship thru the draft & free agency bc wemby isn’t gonna stick around 4+ years after not getting close.

you go all in and if that fails then you get a ransom for wemby.

start making this team into a contender now so they can win one in year three or four.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a rumor, but if they don't draft Topic, I'd pursue Ivey with a Johnson, Branham, Hornets 1st offer.

To fix this back court, they not only need to find a potential lead guard, but split Branham and Jones. Obviously neither is starting material and they're a poor fit together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs aren’t winning a championship thru the draft & free agency bc wemby isn’t gonna stick around 4+ years after not getting close.

you go all in and if that fails then you get a ransom for wemby.

start making this team into a contender now so they can win one in year three or four.
    There really aren’t too many players who won before year 4.

Magic did because he was drafted by a lakers team that was loaded to begin with.
    Bird did because the Celtics fleeced the warriors by trading for mchale and parish who were also young player.

Both these players started their career over 40 years ago.

The other one is duncan, who did because he was drafted to a loaded spurs team hurt by injuries the year before.

The last one I can think of is wade, who the heat traded for shaq, who was pushed out by Kobe. There aren’t anyone if that caliber available now (think Giannis Luka embiid types).

Likely missed a few but it is a very short list, who were in way different situations than wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a rumor, but if they don't draft Topic, I'd pursue Ivey with a Johnson, Branham, Hornets 1st offer.

To fix this back court, they not only need to find a potential lead guard, but split Branham and Jones. Obviously neither is starting material and they're a poor fit together.
    im struggling to see where branham could be a fit unless he really changes his game.

cant attack the rim with explosion. not a good/volume shooter. not a good defender. not much of a ballhandler. not a playmaker/passer. a pullup midrange game and occasionally savvy finish under the rim isnt enough to be a guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally came around to my side. People here underestimated Wemby. He needs a squad around him stat bc he is ready to compete. Dude is a monster defensively and unguardable offensively if used correctly. even this season with us basically running no sets for him he is still a 20/10/3/3 player. Imagine once he rightfully becomes the centerpiece

Next year is playoffs or bust

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im struggling to see where branham could be a fit unless he really changes his game.

cant attack the rim with explosion. not a good/volume shooter. not a good defender. not much of a ballhandler. not a playmaker/passer. a pullup midrange game and occasionally savvy finish under the rim isnt enough to be a guard.
    His only path to being a legit rotation player and offsetting his terrible defense and lack of primary play making is to become an efficient scorer.

Since he lacks the explosiveness/handle/strength to be a rim pressure/foul magnet type, he needs to derive said efficiency from complimenting his mid-range pull-up game with plus (volume and versatility) 3-point shooting.

Still, he'd be better served with a 3 and D secondary creator to pair with him in the back court.

Thread Information