Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if citing precedent really matters with Wemby regarding future decisions-- he's a 19 year old who said in a postgame interview that he didn't care for Las Vegas, and that the city struck him as "the closest thing on Earth to a dystopia." That's not something the typical 19 year old basketball prodigy says.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...of%20Vegas.%22

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's weird that people say " oh wemby can go farther in CA or PNW teams" totally ignore this thing called France when prognosticating his success at finding endorsement $$$

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The players I mentioned were not "stop the bleeding" players. I don't know why you keep acting like I said they were.

I obviously misunderstood . . . I owe you a few for all the times the shoe was on the other foot.

I wonder if DET is desperate enough to get some vets/depth if they are a team that would pay picks for Doug+Cedi? Maybe not a first, but multiple seconds which is prob best SA can do at this point and would be considered a win for SA since they need to turn those guys over anyways on the roster and they are FA’s
    As if a bottom feeder, with high (but not volume) picks would trade any for superfluous (Bogdanovic, Morris, Burks, Harris) vets that they can easily sign in the off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if DET is desperate enough to get some vets/depth if they are a team that would pay picks for Doug+Cedi? Maybe not a first, but multiple seconds which is prob best SA can do at this point and would be considered a win for SA since they need to turn those guys over anyways on the roster and they are FA’s
    Would rather keep them then trade them for 2nds. Even if they leave in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see. I'm pretty sure that he is gone if the team is as bad as it is right now. Where did I talk about income tax?
    The income tax part was me being stupid and mixing up two posts. Thats on me. My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if citing precedent really matters with Wemby regarding future decisions-- he's a 19 year old who said in a postgame interview that he didn't care for Las Vegas, and that the city struck him as "the closest thing on Earth to a dystopia." That's not something the typical 19 year old basketball prodigy says.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...of%20Vegas.%22
    Yeah, I think city of San Antonio favors the appe e of euro players, who aren't as drawn to the glitz of Vegas or LA.

The Spurs just need to put a decent product around Wemby and all should be good moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather keep them then trade them for 2nds. Even if they leave in the offseason.
    Why? They aren’t helping us win or develop so why keep them? They will be and should be gone this off season IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I obviously misunderstood . . . I owe you a few for all the times the shoe was on the other foot.

As if a bottom feeder, with high (but not volume) picks would trade any for superfluous (Bogdanovic, Morris, Burks, Harris) vets that they can easily sign in the off season.
    Not every team is ok with losing so much even if it’s sub optimal asset wise. We will see if DET makes any trades in this mold or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not every team is ok with losing so much even if it’s sub optimal asset wise. We will see if DET makes any trades in this mold or not
    they wont

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching this game, I'm reminded that everyone on this team not named Wembanyama should be available in trade for the right deal.

I'm also reminded that we drafted Sochan to high, and I hope we can salvage something out of him in a trade to some team who thinks they can do something with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching this game, I'm reminded that everyone on this team not named Wembanyama should be available in trade for the right deal.

I'm also reminded that we drafted Sochan to high, and I hope we can salvage something out of him in a trade to some team who thinks they can do something with him.
    im waiting for him to do literally anything productive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now the only true starter I see is Wemby and maybe Vassell if I squint my eyes. To me I think that Keldon can make a very good sixth man and Sochan I think can develop into a solid bench guy. Other then these 4 guys everyone else needs to be upgraded as soon as possible. If Blake could just develop a good 3 ball I think he could also be a good bench player who can come in play some great D on some of these fast guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't going to do anything. And it is my belief that if this losing continues and we don't get better, the owners are paying Popovich under the table in that we lose so the attendance can drop and they can sell/move the team. There is no other explanation for the horrendous coaching, lineups and draft picks.
    Yes, let’s come up with a whackadoo conspiracy theory when Occam’s razor points to an obvious tank to maximize our pick and squeeze Toronto out of the top 6.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our slot (9) in that years draft was frustrating, since there was a clear demarcation/talent drop off right around there. Really wish they would have gone with their gut and “reached” for Jalen there. I still think there is a place for Jeremy though, he’s still a blank canvas in many ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? They aren’t helping us win or develop so why keep them? They will be and should be gone this off season IMO
    But you think maybe Detroit will want them?

I'd argue Doug and Cedi offer more value than some SRP's will never use. This team needs veteran leadership, and right now they're about all we have. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both back next year on bargain deals, and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world (so long as they are pushed further down the rotation).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our slot (9) in that years draft was frustrating, since there was a clear demarcation/talent drop off right around there. Really wish they would have gone with their gut and “reached” for Jalen there. I still think there is a place for Jeremy though, he’s still a blank canvas in many ways.
    My board for that season looked like this:

2022 tiers
    Tier 1
    1. Paolo Banchero
    2. Jabari Smith
    3. Chet Holmgren
    4. Jaden Ivey
    Tier 2
    5. Keegan Murray
    6. Benedict Mathurin
    7. Jalen Duren
    8. Dyson Daniels
    9. Johnny Davis
    Tier 3
    10. Shaedon Sharpe
    11. Jalen Williams
    12. Ousmane Dieng
    13. Jeremy Sochan
    14. AJ Griffin
    15. Malaki Branham
    16. Mark Williams
    Tier 4
    17. Ochai Agbagi
    18. Tari Eason
    19. Gabriele Procida
    20. EJ Liddell
    21. Nikola Jovic
    22. Blake Wesley

I never could project Sochan higher based on an outside shot i felt was pretty broken. I expected him to be in the tier i had him based on a defensive projection that he hasn't lived up to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My board for that season looked like this:

2022 tiers
    Tier 1
    1. Paolo Banchero
    2. Jabari Smith
    3. Chet Holmgren
    4. Jaden Ivey
    Tier 2
    5. Keegan Murray
    6. Benedict Mathurin
    7. Jalen Duren
    8. Dyson Daniels
    9. Johnny Davis
    Tier 3
    10. Shaedon Sharpe
    11. Jalen Williams
    12. Ousmane Dieng
    13. Jeremy Sochan
    14. AJ Griffin
    15. Malaki Branham
    16. Mark Williams
    Tier 4
    17. Ochai Agbagi
    18. Tari Eason
    19. Gabriele Procida
    20. EJ Liddell
    21. Nikola Jovic
    22. Blake Wesley

I never could project Sochan higher based on an outside shot i felt was pretty broken. I expected him to be in the tier i had him based on a defensive projection that he hasn't lived up to.
    That’s right, pick 9 was EXACTLY where the widely thought talent cliff happened in that draft. I remember arguing for Johnny Davis as the next Booker — boy was I wrong.

My sense was when faced with that draft choice the spurs went with smarts/potential bbiq, confidence, and length. I do think they were torn about Williams tho, but I can’t blame them for their decision in the moment considering that it’s a crapshoot once the clear talent cliff in a particular draft is reached. I also wonder if after the Tokyo Olympics the August before, Pop still had his Draymond tinted glasses on and not that influenced the decision making.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s right, pick 9 was EXACTLY where the widely thought talent cliff happened in that draft. I remember arguing for Johnny Davis as the next Booker — boy was I wrong.

My sense was when faced with that draft choice the spurs went with smarts/potential bbiq, confidence, and length. I do think they were torn about Williams tho, but I can’t blame them for their decision in the moment considering that it’s a crapshoot once the clear talent cliff in a particular draft is reached. I also wonder if after the Tokyo Olympics the August before, Pop still had his Draymond tinted glasses on and not that influenced the decision making.
    Yup... I've been working on my 2024 board a little bit. Right now I've got drop offs after 6 or 7 and then again around 14. I haven't started breaking it into tiers yet, but that's roughly what it looks like to me early on ..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bonafide trade rumor, but Simmons had this three way idea a few weeks back. Thought it was interesting, and at worst a nothing to lose proposition:

NYK: Bogdanovic
    DET: Osman; McDermott; 2 NYK SRPs
    SAS: Hayes; Fournier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup... I've been working on my 2024 board a little bit. Right now I've got drop offs after 6 or 7 and then again around 14. I haven't started breaking it into tiers yet, but that's roughly what it looks like to me early on ..
    I know it is early, but how do you see your tiers comparing with the same tiers from previous drafts (the Sochan draft for example)?

Every draft is different of course. The 2022 draft had a really solid Tier 1, for example (and I still believe that to be true, I think they entire first tier are still going to be solid. Ivey just needs a different situation). Whereas, 2023 is looking like it truly was a 1-man tier-1 and then a big drop off to a Tier 2 (and I do think it's a Tier 2, because I would rank all of Scoot, Miller, Thompsons below any of the 2022 T1).

From my perspective, this draft's T1 is looking like a T2 in any other draft. I'm actually a little bummed that this is the year we might have two top-10 picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bonafide trade rumor, but Simmons had this three way idea a few weeks back. Thought it was interesting, and at worst a nothing to lose proposition:

I don't hate this at all... but it seems kind of a lazy "stick all the French guys with the Spurs" kind of proposal.

With that said, I do kind of like it because it leaves us with a vet presence on an expiring (although one that is not known to the team - there is value in McD and Osman here right now that we can't overlook), and gives us a spin at the roulette wheel at a PG

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Kuminga has lost faith in Steve Kerr and no longer believes that Kerr will allow him to reach his full potential, according to Shams. WOW.

Doubt Poop would ever move for a player that’s not a beta like he likes them, but he’d fit our need at the 4 instantly. Kerr pulled a last night and only played him 19 minutes when he was having a good game 16/4/4 on 5-7 shooting. Completely understandable for him to have had enough.

Wemby
    Kuminga
    Dunn
    Vassell
    Dillingham

I just Kum’d

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We're not going to help the Knicks for free. them.
    Hayes and Fournier are both garbage, but so are Osman and McDermott.
    Useless trade.

Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1743325699350401078

After sitting the final 18 minutes of Nuggets loss, Warriors forward Jonathan Kuminga has lost faith in Steve Kerr and no longer believes that Kerr will allow him to reach his full potential, sources say.

Haven't seen enough of him, but would definitely be an upgrade over Sochan and they can't ask for too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuminga would be a good add imo. dno what his next contract is supposed to look like tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word last year (reported by timvp) was the Spurs had zero interest in Kuminga.

Thread Information