Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    a thread for all things in regards to spurs trade rumors, which i’ve seen none of.

the trade deadline is basically month away (february 8th).

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    things seem eerily sleepy so something has to be in the works, right?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably no....Since this is a loss/tank season. Pop would probably want to might as well use the rest of the season to observe fully and conclude the potential and suitability of all the current players' fit with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll trade one or more of Cedi, Doug, and Devonte. They’ll take back longer contracts, cash, and picks.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i think they’ll make at least one move to make things less rocky / make wemby happier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll trade one or more of Cedi, Doug, and Devonte. They’ll take back longer contracts, cash, and picks.
    This guy gets it.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt we see any veteran talent added. Too deep in the gutter this season. You'll see real moves made next year when we have 2 high talent rookies to teach.
    The only thing I would see is getting picks in exchange for us taking bad contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think they’ll make at least one move to make things less rocky / make wemby happier.
    That’s what YOU want,but it won’t happen until this summer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely not...We cant go thru another year of this ....We draft a top 5 player in this year draft...Trade collins or
    keldon this summer make sum room for two max players and we start try contending immediately...We cant waste time
    with wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We like what we have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they'll try to sell cedi/mcdermott/graham as expiring deals, though cedi is the only one who has shown any level of play that a contending team may want at the end of their bench. but given his modest salary, and the spurs inability to simply absorb salary, its unclear what "bad" contract a team will have around 7 mil per year

im not expecting much at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't foresee the Spurs wanting to move Cedi, and I don't foresee any team wanting Doug or Graham. Small chance a team will want to add Doug, but I'm not counting on it. Keldon is the most likely to be moved, but I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't foresee the Spurs wanting to move Cedi, and I don't foresee any team wanting Doug or Graham. Small chance a team will want to add Doug, but I'm not counting on it. Keldon is the most likely to be moved, but I doubt it.
    the thing is, there's just no urgency to move keldon

right now champagnie is starting over him, but its not because champagnie is currently a better player than keldon. KJ is somebody who can be improved upon, but i wouldnt push him out until we have that piece. he's under contract thru the 26-27 season and is on a favorable deal to us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely not...We cant go thru another year of this ....We draft a top 5 player in this year draft...Trade collins or
    keldon this summer make sum room for two max players and we start try contending immediately...We cant waste time

with wemby
    I’m talking about February, not next summer. All of that money rolls off in July, except $2.5M of Devonte.

Trading players like Keldon or Collins into someone else’s cap room to free some for ourselves costs picks, plus almost no one HAS any cap room available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham is about his contract. If a team picks up his contract in February, and cuts him before is guarantee date,ntheysave $10M in cap,or more likely, apron space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thing is, there's just no urgency to move keldon

right now champagnie is starting over him, but its not because champagnie is currently a better player than keldon. KJ is somebody who can be improved upon, but i wouldnt push him out until we have that piece. he's under contract thru the 26-27 season and is on a favorable deal to us
    I agree with that, and there is unlikely to be any kind of deal available to direct improve the team by moving Keldon, which is why I doubt he'll be moved. The only thing I could foresee is if you could move him with the idea of obtaining assets that could then be combined with your other existing assets to improve upon his role on the team.

With that said, Keldon is fairly easily replacable. It's not like he is highly efficient, ranking 143 out of 332 players in PER this season, and below average at only 14.4. Wemby and Vassell are our only regular players above the 15.0 cut line (Wemby at 19.1 and currently ranking #50 in the league, and Devin at 15.3. Bassey was actually second best on the team at 17.5).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with that, and there is unlikely to be any kind of deal available to direct improve the team by moving Keldon, which is why I doubt he'll be moved. The only thing I could foresee is if you could move him with the idea of obtaining assets that could then be combined with your other existing assets to improve upon his role on the team.

With that said, Keldon is fairly easily replacable. It's not like he is highly efficient, ranking 143 out of 332 players in PER this season, and below average at only 14.4. Wemby and Vassell are our only regular players above the 15.0 cut line (Wemby at 19.1 and currently ranking #50 in the league, and Devin at 15.3. Bassey was actually second best on the team at 17.5).
    PER is a pretty dated measure tbh.

i agree that keldon is not a remarkable player but he is nonetheless productive. i dont think we have any guys on the roster who could fill his scoring void with anything resembling even mediocre efficiency if they were thrust into such role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PER is a pretty dated measure tbh.

i agree that keldon is not a remarkable player but he is nonetheless productive. i dont think we have any guys on the roster who could fill his scoring void with anything resembling even mediocre efficiency if they were thrust into such role
    What measure do you like better than PER for measuring efficiency?

I really like Keldon as a Spur, I just don't think he's that great of a basketball player. I honestly think Champ or Bran could come close (say, 80-85%) to his production if given the opportunity (note, I'm not actually suggesting we do this, because it would also be losing basketball).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're trading Keldon you better be getting offense in return, because I believe he is the only player on this team with a positive net rating on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're trading Keldon you better be getting offense in return, because I believe he is the only player on this team with a positive net rating on offense.
    Sorry, I'm not sure what this means. Can you explain?

Net Rating = Offensive Rating - Defensive Rating. What is a "positive net rating on offense"?

Keldon does have the second highest OBPM on the team, but it's still a -0.2 (Devin #1 at 0.7)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I really like Keldon as a Spur, I just don't think he's that great of a basketball player. I honestly think Champ or Bran could come close (say, 80-85%) to his production if given the opportunity (note, I'm not actually suggesting we do this, because it would also be losing basketball).
    what does a players rebounds/steals/blocks have to do with efficiency? thats all factored into PER

can look at TS%, turnover%, and then the aggregating stats like O-RPM, O-BPM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I'm not sure what this means. Can you explain?

Net Rating = Offensive Rating - Defensive Rating. What is a "positive net rating on offense"?

Keldon does have the second highest OBPM on the team, but it's still a -0.2 (Devin #1 at 0.7)
    Sorry I'm just re ed. I forgot what stat it was. It's posted somewhere on my "the biggest problem" thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what does a players rebounds/steals/blocks have to do with efficiency? thats all factored into PER

can look at TS%, turnover%, and then the aggregating stats like O-RPM, O-BPM
    Keldon also middle of the pack in TS% (and out performed by Champ). I like PER because it takes into account the players efficiency at generating other stats that have a positive impact, it's not just scoring efficiency. But if we are just talking scoring production, yeah I get it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’ve actually really liked Keldon coming off the bench recently, and have long thought his best position long term is 6th man/supersub on a good team. If he’s willing to accept that role on this team, im happy to keep him long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve actually really liked Keldon coming off the bench recently, and have long thought his best position long term is 6th man/supersub on a good team. If he’s willing to accept that role on this team, im happy to keep him long term.
    I could actually get on board with that, and his contract is right-sized for that role.

Thread Information