Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I have to believe Pop knows what he’s doing, it’s somewhat frustrating to see the lack of playing time Wemby is getting. IDK, maybe Wemby can’t handle 36 minutes per game. I get that he’s only 19 years old.

I was surprised but not totally shocked(given how teams rest players)to find out Wemby would be sitting out on a back to back. The Kid only played 24 minutes the night before. He couldn’t play another 24 minutes the next night?……What Say You

ps…the Spurs didn’t hide the fact that he was out specifically for “Rest”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ostensibly it’s on account of his sore ankle. There’s probably also an element of trying to stay in the bottom 3.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I have to believe Pop knows what he’s doing, it’s somewhat frustrating to see the lack of playing time Wemby is getting. IDK, maybe Wemby can’t handle 36 minutes per game. I get that he’s only 19 years old.

I was surprised but not totally shocked(given how teams rest players)to find out Wemby would be sitting out on a back to back. The Kid only played 24 minutes the night before. He couldn’t play another 24 minutes the next night?……What Say You

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What about the way this team has played this season makes you believe Pop knows what he's doing?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL..that’s why I said “I have to believe”. I mean he is 1 of the greatest coaches of all time, or did he just have the greatest power forward of all time? I think the latter. It’s like he’s not even coaching, seems like he just lets them do whatever out there. Geez.. this is a bad team.

Honestly, I think it’s time for pop to step aside.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This entire season - Pop should have been slowly ramping up his minutes as Wemby gets gassed easily...

but moron Pop subs him out and is somehow incapable of giving wemby two quick minutes of rest and re-inserting him immediately.

Instead wemby logs 5-6 minutes and sits for the rest of the quarter!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the way this team has played this season makes you believe Pop knows what he's doing?
    LOL…that’s why I said “I have to believe”. I mean he is 1 of the greatest coaches of all time, or did he just have the greatest power forward of all time? I think the latter. It’s like he’s not even coaching, seems like he just lets them do whatever out there. Geez.. this is a bad team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This entire season - Pop should have been slowly ramping up his minutes as Wemby gets gassed easily...

but moron Pop subs him out and is somehow incapable of giving wemby two quick minutes of rest and re-inserting him immediately.

You nailed it…that’s what’s so frustrating to me.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL…that’s why I said “I have to believe”. I mean he is 1 of the greatest coaches of all time, or did he just have the greatest power forward of all time? I think the latter. It’s like he’s not even coaching, seems like he just lets them do whatever out there. Geez.. this is a bad team.

get over yourself, I will die on that bench

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get over yourself, I will die on that bench
    I thought Pop ass was leaving with Timmy..isn’t that what he said?

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Pop ass was leaving with Timmy..isn’t that what he said?
    I lied, get over it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, lets wear him down with his sore ankle while the rest of the team is complete ass and we can't win anyway. good idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will be sitting out back to backs over the next couple weeks according to Pop. "medical mandate"

Wemby says he gave them permission to sit him if they truly believe he needs it.
    "We communicate a lot with the medical staff and I've made it clear that I want them to sit me out," Wembanyama said.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-ankle-injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 7'4 and like 190 lbs soaking wet. He's also never played an 82 game season, and is coming off multiple ankle injuries/tweaks.

The fact he has remained as healthy, and played as many minutes he has should be considered a blessing.

So yes, you protect your franchise player when you are 5-25 and playing a back-to-back.

Being 19 doesn't make you invincible. Would you rather see him play a meaningless game against the Blazers in December, or see him play for 15 years?

I know Pop gets for resting players and I want to see Wemby play too, but this was the most sensible time to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This player is amazing and can be very very special - there is no reason in the world to get him beaten down with injuries this year. Being conservative with Wemby is the way to go this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wins don't matter to POP. Winning don't matter to POP. He's created a losing culture in San Antonio and you can see it in the players. Losing doesn't matter to any of them now. , you can see it after the opposing team makes a basket...no big deal to any of the players or Pop.

You think Tanking or saving yourself for next year, years...whatever...is going to produce a winning team? Somehow? Sometime in the future? Maybe...

"It's smart saving him this year."

I remember them saying that for Jordan...and Shaq...and Robinson...and Kobe...etc..etc. Not.

Tanking only produces a losing mindset. Period. If you're not trying to win...you're trying to lose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, I'm glad because I have tickets for the Celtic game tomorrow and him not playing yesterday means he is more likely to play tomorrow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that is going to be a huge game for not only Wemby but for the whole team will see which team shows up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wins don't matter to POP. Winning don't matter to POP. He's created a losing culture in San Antonio and you can see it in the players. Losing doesn't matter to any of them now. , you can see it after the opposing team makes a basket...no big deal to any of the players or Pop.

You think Tanking or saving yourself for next year, years...whatever...is going to produce a winning team? Somehow? Sometime in the future? Maybe...

I remember them saying that for Jordan...and Shaq...and Robinson...and Kobe...etc..etc. Not.

Tanking only produces a losing mindset. Period. If you're not trying to win...you're trying to lose.
    keep crying baby girl

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

winningest coach in NBA history, active coaching while in the HOF, and he's created a culture of losing? You probably should pick a different team to support, you cannot seem to withstand not winning for a couple years after 20 straight playoff years and 5 rings. Sure, his decisions often seem to self interested like he's just doing a social experiment for s and giggles, but you cannot say that he's created a losing culture after celebrating the 1st overall pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ostensibly it’s on account of his sore ankle. There’s probably also an element of trying to stay in the bottom 3.
    It is ing bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This player is amazing and can be very very special - there is no reason in the world to get him beaten down with injuries this year. Being conservative with Wemby is the way to go this year.
    He needs to man up and learn to play 82 games
    Soon he play playoff games once pop is fired

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His build, age and the obvious fact that he gasses in extended playing time clearly indicate that he needs as much rest and recovery as he needs.
    We all want to watch him play but it is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is to busy sucking Biden balls and wine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP should be pinked because the idea of running your generational rookie into the ground is so dumb. We all saw him injure that ankle not once but multiple times and to act like this season matters because we're so close to a championship run
    Last edited by My Fault; 12-31-2023 at 01:49 AM.

Thread Information