Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Wemby brought members of his medical team over with him and I wonder if they have power over the Spurs medical staff when it comes to his health? At this point, it's obvious they know his body better than the Spurs organization since they've been working with him for years, so I wonder if that's in his contract somewhere that they have the final call. A few weeks ago Pop made a statement that they have to "abide by the rules" when it came to his playing time. That statement stuck out to me because Wemby has stays right at 30mpg and now 24mpg on the dot since the injury and Wemby doesn't seem frustrated about it. I honestly don't think this is PATFO call. I think Kawhi's situation are really making them take this serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if only there were threads discussing this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know who's in control of his health because I'm not asking about his playing time like the other posts. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought it was going to be a collaboration between existing Spurs strength and conditioning team and some people Wemby brought in.
    Didn't the Spurs hire one or two of Wembys trainers?

I'm down with doing whatever is most beneficial to keep him injury free this year.
    If that means limiting him to 24 per game, right now with the ankle tweak then so be it.

If he gets burned out of ROY by either the minutes limitation or WOAT Coaches strategies, then so be it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought it was going to be a collaboration between existing Spurs strength and conditioning team and some people Wemby brought in.
    Didn't the Spurs hire one or two of Wembys trainers?

I'm down with doing whatever is most beneficial to keep him injury free this year.
    If that means limiting him to 24 per game, right now with the ankle tweak then so be it.

If he gets burned out of ROY by either the minutes limitation or WOAT Coaches strategies, then so be it.
    Yes, they brought over a few of them, which makes me think that he let know that he wanted them signed because he trust their decision making about his body over the Spurs trainers, who've never worked with him before. This also makes me think that they're controlling his play, more than PATFO. That "abide by the rule" said a lot to me but I could be wrong.

But like you said, I'll definitely trade his health over him winning ROTY. I just find it odd that he literally doesn't go over 24 mins as if there will be stipulations to face if he does. Really is a strange situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say they are collaborating but definitely Wemby's team has the final say which I am good with as he is not a slacker and is very compe ive the opposite of Zion.

Thread Information