Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in the day the Indianapolis Colts traded pro bowl running back Marshall Faulk to the St. Louis Rams right after they drafted future hall of fame QB Peyton Manning. They then went on to draft future pro bowl running back Edge James. Faulk went on to become all world and help the Rams to a Super Bowl le during the greatest show on turf era. People were curious why did the Colts jettison Faulk to bring in James. It has been said that the Colts wanted Manning to be the leader and face of the franchise and having the already established Faulk on the roster meant the players would always look to him as the de-facto leader of the team so the Colts sent him off and decided to draft an elite running back soon afterwards because that rookie wouldn't challenge Peyton's spot at the top of the food chain. What does this have to do with the Spurs? I am not sure the Spurs want to bring in an established PG that might take the leadership of the team over when they clearly want Wemby to be their Peyton. If the Spurs were to bring the instagram baller back, his experience would make him the natural leader. I think Pop doesn't want that they would prefer to just suffer through this year and draft the PG of the future who will fall in line behind Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DJM ship has sailed, I think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe but do you think wanting Wemby to be the leader of the team is the reason why the Spurs don't seem anxious to bring in a veteran PG to run the team. They want a rookie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe but do you think wanting Wemby to be the leader of the team is the reason why the Spurs don't seem anxious to bring in a veteran PG to run the team. They want a rookie?
    No.
    Wemby can't win a game of 1 on 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.
    Wemby can't win a game of 1 on 5.
    That's being proven this year with the pack of scrubs we've surrounded him with.

Thread Information