Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was surprised at Sochan's numbers too. He looked so lost and just terrible out there. Yet, his numbers weren't bad, probably because he gets way too many minutes. You're gonna get something if you constantly playing over 30 minutes a game. I don't feel comfortable when he is on the court...especially in crucial final minutes. And he always is...

He needs to be coming off the bench. Who knows, it may be exactly what he needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had a chance to win in spite of Pop. The fact that Tre Jones was even in the game on that final play instead of Cedi when the team needed a three tells you all you need to know. Just mind-bogglingly stupid unless you're intentionally tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was surprised at Sochan's numbers too. He looked so lost and just terrible out there. Yet, his numbers weren't bad, probably because he gets way too many minutes. You're gonna get something if you constantly playing over 30 minutes a game. I don't feel comfortable when he is on the court...especially in crucial final minutes. And he always is...

He needs to be coming off the bench. Who knows, it may be exactly what he needs.
    On the contrary Sochan needs to be there more. The kid just started PG the 1st quarter of the season, arguably to improve his overall skills. He is overthinking out there, and just needs to let the game flow, and it’s by constant repe ion, until they become instinctive. Sochan is athletic and has shown a willingness to learn and do everything. You don’t bench a 2nd year top 9 pick after he’s bought in trying different things. Already he improved his FT and shooting 37% at the arch. He’s a hard-worker and I’m sure only good things come out of hard work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming off the bench is not necessarily a bad thing. Manu did it, Sochan can too.

He looks the most lost out of all the sub-par starters. He seems to never know where to be. Blame it Pop's PG experiment or whatever...but, he needs a LOT less minutes. And a try at coming off the bench might even showcase him a little more. It might work for him, because he looks terrible. I think the alternative to coming off the bench would be worse for him. Just sayin'

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is the dumbest player I’ve ever seen in a Spurs jersey. He can’t shoot so he can’t start next to Victor. On top of his airballs literally every game, the amount of times I see this clown running into people who have the ball to clog up the lane or running into a guy cutting is insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary Sochan needs to be there more. The kid just started PG the 1st quarter of the season, arguably to improve his overall skills. He is overthinking out there, and just needs to let the game flow, and it’s by constant repe ion, until they become instinctive. Sochan is athletic and has shown a willingness to learn and do everything. You don’t bench a 2nd year top 9 pick after he’s bought in trying different things. Already he improved his FT and shooting 37% at the arch. He’s a hard-worker and I’m sure only good things come out of hard work.
    Exactly, why is this so hard to grasp? Prospects were halfway through their college career at his age 15 years ago. People are crazy demanding nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, why is this so hard to grasp? Prospects were halfway through their college career at his age 15 years ago. People are crazy demanding nowadays.
    benching him isnt the trade as cutting him. let him prove he can be a net positive in a smaller role before giving him an expanded one

instead theyre just giving him the keys and waiting for him to figure all of it out

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the alternative is to...start Mamu? Sochan is learning to finish at the rim, that's one deficiency of many he needs to work on, but we have time this year and he needs more time.

Blake somehow improved over time, so incremental change can happen. I'm not loving how he's playing at all, but I don't love the idea of just burying him for a player with even less of a ceiling. If they get a better player to play power forward in the offseason, then that's a different calculation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its true that the spurs lack a starting caliber 4, especially after wemby moved to the 5

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last timeout was unnecessary, we had the momentum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming off the bench is not necessarily a bad thing. Manu did it, Sochan can too.

He looks the most lost out of all the sub-par starters. He seems to never know where to be. Blame it Pop's PG experiment or whatever...but, he needs a LOT less minutes. And a try at coming off the bench might even showcase him a little more. It might work for him, because he looks terrible. I think the alternative to coming off the bench would be worse for him. Just sayin'
    Manu was a superstar level player.
    Sochan is one of the worst in the NBA.

Let's not pretend they're the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs play one of their best games of the season (a low bar tbh), Sochan gets an F, Pop gets a D+. Per par...?
    Timvp hides his frustration better than most, but he’s obviously aware this team is underperforming. It’s really a dissservice to Wemby and the fan base that we’re making no attempt to be more compe ive.

I’d love a snapshot of the blueprints for the grand rebuild because right now the payoff appears to be half a decade away and we’ve got a recent draft history of throwing random darts at the board, or so it seems from how these guys are panning out. If we’re committed to building through the draft, but can only pick a winner when it’s obvious, that payoff strategy may never come to fruition.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is the dumbest player I’ve ever seen in a Spurs jersey...the amount of times I see this clown running into people who have the ball to clog up the lane or running into a guy cutting is insane.
    This. If you can't see this, you simply are not aware. He's always out of position, clogging the lanes and running into guys. It's ridiculous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is the dumbest player I’ve ever seen in a Spurs jersey. He can’t shoot so he can’t start next to Victor. On top of his airballs literally every game, the amount of times I see this clown running into people who have the ball to clog up the lane or running into a guy cutting is insane.
    In fairness, it’s really every player. The offense looks like a pick up game. And let’s not go overboard. He’s not the dumbest player in the NBA. He is a second year player with maybe 80 games of experience. He might flame out. Most players in the NBA do. But I’m giving him 3 seasons. If he was a better scorer, I’d say bring him off the bench. But he’s not. It’s a complement to KJ to come off the bench bc scoring drops significantly with this bench unit, especially without Collins. We can’t afford to not have a legit scorer come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp being bullied into giving Sochan an F.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. There were some very great moments out there, especially for Wemby and Vassell. Thought Jones was good in the starting line-up. Biggest complaint was the defense on Los Freak when Wemby wasn't there. He passed right by Sochan without much resistance, Jones too, but that should be expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well pop should have gotten a f but pretty good grades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has this been put in there yet?

I honestly thought the Spurs did a good job for much of the game, but it's also clear they need to follow the "Giannis rules" and didn't really execute that at all down the stretch. As I've mentioned before, you see progress, but you also see reversion, on both ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the first time timvp gave someone an F

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thought tre deserved his patented D- and sochan an easy B, but whatever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its amazing what the spurs can do when they have a real point guard playing even in a loss. If only pop would use this lineup more, maybe we would win a few games against a lesser team. I know if we win more games we get a worse draft pick, however nobody from this draft has wowed me yet. I just hope the spurs win more than 10 games this season so they don't break the 76ers all time loss record. We can be bad to get a decent pick, we just don't have to be that bad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the worse won / loss percentage the spurs have had in their history ?

Thread Information