Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm obviously gonna be attacked as ppl gonna pretend that they're not... But they are... Compared to a lot of NBA teams... If the Knicks with their ty teams were in a close game with the Bucks, their crowd would be breaking the decibel meter... As much as ppl like to call them fake fans, but those fake fans do be going ape ... Now imagine if they (or most other NBA teams) had Wemby...

It may seem like nitpicking, but players like this sort of stuff... And they go to other arenas and compare crowds to theirs... And I'm not even gonna comment on the embarrassing amount of empty seats for a primetime game vs the bucks with all the stars playing...

To those that see the same thing I see and actually live in San Antonio (I don't, I'm from the same island as Duncan), why do you think it's this way?

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was loud as there last night wym. Probably the loudest game of the year according to my spurs neighbor

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the team sucks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they're fat. And we have one of the two worst teams in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because a lot of so called “Spurs fans” are fairweather fans. They instill hate instead of encouraging their team. I try to not read as much comments anymore because I find them a lot of whiners. Call me a sniffer, but I rather root for my team. I don’t take Barkeley’s comments seriously as much, but he made a great point last night. A lot of people see two years, Pop sees 10 years. Reggie commented Wemby doesn't have the strength yet, and that’s why he gets stripped. They have rookie comparison of Giannis and Wemby, and their same built as rookies. Wemby has the frame. I’m not necessarily saying he will be as big as Giannis is, but definitely much stronger than Wemby is right now. It’s a long process, and I would expect Spurs fans to know better to trust the system that brought 5 championships and made Spurs organization as a model organization in developing players. Instead, “Spurs fans” focusing on the losses, looking for the half-empty than the bright future ahead. Chill out and enjoy the individual plays and not focus on the record. Spurs are posed to get two top 10, a stronger 2nd year Wemby and another year of young players improving. I’m starting to see Blake playing much poised and playing great defense, Barlow is contributing well when he’s out there. And I’m focused on Sochan’s improvements than his mistakes. He is overthinking out there, and just need to let the game flow. Chill.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe because the Spurs play dead basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During our peak, our most rabid fans were 60 year old baseline bums, and chairs were routinely empty.

What do you expect when we suck?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as long as they keep booing louder after Pop tells them to stop booing I'm not concerned tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short answer, because of Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop told them if you have nothing good to say then don't say anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much whataburger in their mouth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was loud as there last night wym. Probably the loudest game of the year according to my spurs neighbor
    Heard the same thing last night that the late arriving bad wearher crowd for a 6:30 game. Not a lot to cheer for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ve been saying “another year of improvement of the young guys” for like 5 years now

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fanbase turned into the Lakers fanbase right around le #3. They used to be OKC or Sacramento quality in the 80s and 90s, especially in the 99 le run, and the 03 run too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh good, another toxic thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably too busy tiktoking their fattasses to the interwebs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the team sucks?
    The Knicks have sucked for years (before recently)... And they still would go bat when they're playing well vs one of the best teams in the NBA... And they also don't get empty seats on big games... I guarantee if they had Wemby, they would be sold out every night... There's something unique about the Spurs crowd... I've even seen ppl complain about it at times during the Duncan era, so this isn't new

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During our peak, our most rabid fans were 60 year old baseline bums, and chairs were routinely empty.

What do you expect when we suck?
    Fair point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate, unfortunately. I'd be in full support of the Spurs staying in San Antonio otherwise, but you can't just support the team ONLY when you're a playoff team. They really should strip SA of the Spurs and send them to Austin. Pretty much the only other city I'd fully root for the Spurs in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop tells crowd not to boo !

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy a ticket and yell your fat ass off, if it bothers you

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate, unfortunately. I'd be in full support of the Spurs staying in San Antonio otherwise, but you can't just support the team ONLY when you're a playoff team. They really should strip SA of the Spurs and send them to Austin. Pretty much the only other city I'd fully root for the Spurs in.
    You think that Austin would be better? Lmao.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what I don't get is the empty primo seats, every game, start of the second half. These tickets are bought and paid for. But, more than half are empty for at least the first 5 minutes of action. Every home game. Bathroom and concession lines that long? I never have a problem getting back to my seat before the second half. Let me fill a seat down low for the cameras. I'll represent.

Thread Information