Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I've gotten the feeling that he relishes that roll so much that he's created this kind of perpetual "growth mode" situation with the team.

If that's the case, I wish he would do it in an advisor/assistant coach capacity and give the game coaching to someone who has a bit more of a sense of urgency.
    I thought the developmental league was for that purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's changed quite a bit over the course of this season. I get being frustrated with him for still not doing some obvious things. I definitely think he messed up not even trying to call timeout in this game and in others when there was still a chance at a comeback. But the team didn't start off playing Wemby 24 minutes a game. That may well be for a poor reason, or maybe if they hadn't started to do that Victor would miss more games. I don't remember if there was a timetable for when the restriction would lift. I can't imagine it's permanent. Even ignoring any long-term consequences of putting too much stress on Wemby's body, I'd much rather the team be overly cautious with his health in a season where they've already lost too many games than him have an injury-plagued year.
    id agree if wemby was actually hurt

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the developmental league was for that purpose.
    Should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why everything needs to be Pops fault? Are you gonna give him credit for getting the team to the point where they could steal the game at all, or is it only the players’ actions when the outcome is good and the coach when it’s not good?

Pop can and should be questioned, fine. The gratuitous blame it on Pop thing is getting boring and lazy.
    Have you not followed SA all these years? Pop's been responsible for so many big losses it ain't even funny. I don't know, to each his own i guess, but for me Pop is public enemy #1.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not sure why everything needs to be Pops fault? Are you gonna give him credit for getting the team to the point where they could steal the game at all, or is it only the players’ actions when the outcome is good and the coach when it’s not good?

Pop can and should be questioned, fine. The gratuitous blame it on Pop thing is getting boring and lazy.
    I've had a few highs this season during close losses and a couple wins. Some of the wins and close loss highs are dampened when the opponent loses the following game to a team about as bad as the Spurs, indicating maybe the game didn't mean what I thought it meant. No one has gone undefeated, no one has been completely shut out.

This team won't look like they've reached the next level until they can string 4 or 5 wins together. Right now stringing one win would be nice, two would be sublime. 3 and I would think Pop was fired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id agree if wemby was actually hurt
    yeah that right ankle is just killing him

Thread Information