Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I give the SPURS a lotta crap about their Defense and BBIQ...deservedly so, imho. lol

But, yesterday, I saw some of the best Pressure/trapping Defense I've ever seen in those last couple of minutes. Spurs were all over their , all the time. We still may not have the best BBIQ, but I've never said we weren't athletic. Those young, athletic legs were put to damn good use pressuring the ball at the end. Shocked the out of me...Cleveland too

Their announcers were like, "WTF??" haha.

Btw, I really liked Cleveland's announcers. Smart. I believe it was former Cleveland player Austin Carr? Guy is top notch. Thought I was listening to Sean.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Osman tries hard and is sometimes all over the court---and that can be a problem when he leaves his man for an outside the arc doubleteam and the guy drills a wide open three. Compagnie is useless. Malaki is not consistent and still has much to learn on defense so he really isn't ready for anything but some garbage minutes. Ditto Wesley.

Move Barlow to PF permanently next to Wemby. Sochan needs to go to Austin for a while to learn how to play basketball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow and Westly improved their game in Austin. Its been fun watching them play. Sochan needs to learn how to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oddly enough, wesley may wind up having more potential than branham. also, it's highly unlikely that champagnie has any long term future with this team.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Champagne is great...as like a 9th man. I wouldn't cut him. We just need more talent.

I agree that Blake may have a better outlook than Branham at this point, talk about a 180 from the end of last year, actually, even just in Summer league. If Branham had Blake's intensity he would be a whole different player. But Branham is trending towards Lonnie Walker vibes, which is a bummer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem with Champ is that there is no one who can take his place in the SL if you want Keldon coming off the bench. You can maybe make a case for Doug... but then our already shaky D will head straight into the dumpster fire. Dejounte is right that SF is the biggest immediate hole on the team. PG still needs to be upgraded, but we have passable player in Jones... we have no passable players at starting SF if you want Keldon off the bench.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Osman tries hard and is sometimes all over the court---and that can be a problem when he leaves his man for an outside the arc doubleteam and the guy drills a wide open three. Compagnie is useless. Malaki is not consistent and still has much to learn on defense so he really isn't ready for anything but some garbage minutes. Ditto Wesley.

Move Barlow to PF permanently next to Wemby. Sochan needs to go to Austin for a while to learn how to play basketball.
    Disagree, Branham is very consistently dog . What's amazing is there is only one player in the league who has played 20+ games and has a worse defensive field goal percentage than Branham, and he's a rookie drafted in the second round playing less than 10 minutes a game for Milwaukee (namely, Andre Jackson). Branham is so much worse a defender statistically than he even looks by the eye test.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Champagne is great...as like a 9th man. I wouldn't cut him. We just need more talent.

I agree that Blake may have a better outlook than Branham at this point, talk about a 180 from the end of last year, actually, even just in Summer league. If Branham had Blake's intensity he would be a whole different player. But Branham is trending towards Lonnie Walker vibes, which is a bummer.
    Trending towards Alfredrick Hughes vibes, half expect to hear about Malaki running his Benz up the embankment on 281 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem with Champ is that there is no one who can take his place in the SL if you want Keldon coming off the bench. You can maybe make a case for Doug... but then our already shaky D will head straight into the dumpster fire. Dejounte is right that SF is the biggest immediate hole on the team. PG still needs to be upgraded, but we have passable player in Jones... we have no passable players at starting SF if you want Keldon off the bench.
    We have one expensive, ty ass bench .

Our $20 mil per year SF needs to be benched because he's a liability in the starting lineup.

Great job PATFO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oddly enough, wesley may wind up having more potential than branham. also, it's highly unlikely that champagnie has any long term future with this team.
    he always had more potential. he was just seen as a boom/bust pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

branham's summer league performance was also disappointing as well. but wesley's was particularly bad since he just looked exactly the same as he did as a rookie. branham needs gleague time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have one expensive, ty ass bench .

Our $20 mil per year SF needs to be benched because he's a liability in the starting lineup.

Great job PATFO!
    excluding rookie scale deals, keldon is one of the better contracts in the league tbh. yes on this squad, the bench is the best place for him to be, but you arent finding his offensive production (which is reasonably efficient) for much cheaper

there are better contracts out there, including dejounte. but also brunson, mikal bridges, etc... but johnson's is a good one as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry fellas but Sochan and Branhem are not NBA caliber players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow is the better player then Sochan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow is the better player then Sochan
    Sochan breaks the flow because he is trying to do too much on every single play.

I'm all about effort and energy, but you also have to see the game and let things work out like they should.

Wemby was suffering from this in his early games too...trying to chase after opportunity...but he learned to dial it back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he always had more potential. he was just seen as a boom/bust pick
    agreed but what i should have been more clear about was that i think from this point in time, wesley is ascending whereas maliki has plateaued.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed but what i should have been more clear about was that i think from this point in time, wesley is ascending whereas maliki has plateaued.
    Seems more like Wesley has flatlined but Branham is tanking like Enron stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley's in a weird place. I think his defense is more mature right now.

Offensively he's less mistake prone but he's also just generally doing less. If he just made that pass to the trailing Wemby against the Bucks instead of getting chased down by Giannis...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the game but from what iv heard the Spurs had a timeout left to advance the ball in the final seconds and for some reason the Spurs didn't use it. Surprised that is not considered when grading Pop as that is a pretty basic and obvious thing to do, is it not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the game but from what iv heard the Spurs had a timeout left to advance the ball in the final seconds and for some reason the Spurs didn't use it. Surprised that is not considered when grading Pop as that is a pretty basic and obvious thing to do, is it not?
    that's not who we are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they could have advanced it because Tre Jones pushed the ball forward with possession to keep it from going out of bounds. Probably still should have taken the timeout as soon as it got to Sochan's hands but it still would have been an inbounds from 2/3 court away.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley's in a weird place. I think his defense is more mature right now.

Offensively he's less mistake prone but he's also just generally doing less. If he just made that pass to the trailing Wemby against the Bucks instead of getting chased down by Giannis...
    Wesley looks decent because we've got no other point of attack defender.
    And we've got noone else who's that fast with the ball and can penetrate the defense.
    Too bad that he's got almost no playmaking instincts and can't shoot, making him effectively useless if we're ever to be a serious team.

Right now we're grasping for straws and trying to see some positives in these charity cases.
    Wemby and Devin are obviously legit NBA players.
    Keldon can be a solid sprak off the bench with his energy, but can't be a starter on a serious team due to his atrocious defense.
    Everyone else is somewhere between being a charity case (Collins, Tre) to being an actual detriment to the team (Branham).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd say that wesley was asystole but has a pulse now.

Thread Information