Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ since when has Ainge been a sweet talker? He’s more of a loan shark who aggressively takes advantage of the helpless or hapless: most recently Minnesota Timberwolves new management team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mo, you gotta understand... talking to Danny Ainge is like Sydney Sweeny asking you if you can help her move. You don't want to... and you know you can just say no... but you never say no. Then you end up throwing your back out lifting a couch, but you don't want to show any weakness in front of Sydney Sweeny so you just keep lifting boxes. You and Sydney share a few laughs, and you think you are really connecting... then she gives you a slice of pizza and two room temperature beers and tells you that she has to go because her and her BF have dinner reservations but thanks for all your help!

There is no escaping Danny Ainge's sweet talking. Just don't pick up the phone. Best to block his number.
    Lol... I do appreciate the analogy. For me though (a guy who negotiates much more than most on pretty large deals) I just don't think that way and I don't react that way.

Maybe I should be more self reflective. Maybe I'm the Danny Ainge in my world lol (joking)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol... I do appreciate the analogy. For me though (a guy who negotiates much more than most on pretty large deals) I just don't think that way and I don't react that way.

Maybe I should be more self reflective. Maybe I'm the Danny Ainge in my world lol (joking)...
    In all seriousness, I negotiate a lot of deals too - but largely with folks I do repeated deals with. So I take the approach that I think the Spurs likely also take... they're okay leaving a lit bit on the table if it's a fair deal that both sides will leave happy with and is symbiotic. I think Ainge is more like the cut-throat/extract every last ounce of value out of the other side kind of negotiator. Of course the Spurs can always say no, which is the more realistic scenario... so what I'm really trying to say is that I think it's unlikely the Spurs could work a deal with Ainge, because (to their credit) the Spurs don't seem like they're in the business of getting screwed over in deals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all seriousness, I negotiate a lot of deals too - but largely with folks I do repeated deals with. So I take the approach that I think the Spurs likely also take... they're okay leaving a lit bit on the table if it's a fair deal that both sides will leave happy with and is symbiotic. I think Ainge is more like the cut-throat/extract every last ounce of value out of the other side kind of negotiator. Of course the Spurs can always say no, which is the more realistic scenario... so what I'm really trying to say is that I think it's unlikely the Spurs could work a deal with Ainge, because (to their credit) the Spurs don't seem like they're in the business of getting screwed over in deals.
    I agree with you. I always try and leave a little something on the table. I go in with the philosophy that if everyone doesn't walk away from the table with something they can feel good about, then it was a bad deal.

I also agree that it isn't likely that there's a deal to be made with Utah, but I'd still explore it and do my due diligence (if Lauri or somebody else there interested me). If there's no deal I'm walking away with more knowledge than i had going in....and that sets me up for a future win somewhere else...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I trade in fantasy football I always look at what the other team needs and offer a fair deal that clearly makes both teams better, good for repeat business. But don’t always start with my best offer of course.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've posted it a couple times in the past but, I'm consolidating it into 1 post here. These are my potential FA and Trade targets this summer. Obviously, cost varies widely, but if we could get 2 players that complement Wemby out of this and have a good draft I'd consider it a successful summer.

Trade Targets
    Trae Young $40M 3 years
    Deni Avdija $15.6 4 years
    Naz Reid $13.9 2 years po
    Cason Wallace $5.5 3 years
    Herbert Jones $12.9 3 years
    Nick Smith Jr $2.5M 3 years
    Trey Murphy III $5.1M 1 year + QO/NC
    Isaiah Joe $2.1M 1 year

Issac Okoro
    Paul George
    James Harden
    Grayson Allen
    Malik Monk
    Tobias Harris
    Caleb Martin
    Jalen Smith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we have any member of our front office that us afraid to negotiate with Ainge, then that gutless, weak, incompetent m'fer needs to be run out of town.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tobias Harris has had a terrible season, has disappeared during embiid's injury, and had 76ers fans campaigning for him to be benched. He's never drawn a charge in 6 seasons with Philadelphia.

He'll be 32 this summer, declining, and be about the worst possible signing at anything more than mle type money. If Wright (and RC and Pop and whoever) sign him, that's the beginning of the end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tobias Harris has had a terrible season, has disappeared during embiid's injury, and had 76ers fans campaigning for him to be benched. He's never drawn a charge in 6 seasons with Philadelphia.

He'll be 32 this summer, declining, and be about the worst possible signing at anything more than mle type money. If Wright (and RC and Pop and whoever) sign him, that's the beginning of the end
    We don’t need him to be an All star, we just need him to defend his position, and hit open 3s. He’s not a creator, but needs to play off of a gravity player, which we have. That’s probably why he’s struggled, post Embiid. If they’re disenchanted with him, that’s good for us. They won’t be throwing another stupid offer at him.

Boris Diaw’s career was in the garbage when we signed him. You probably wouldn’t have wanted him, either. Reclamation projects are how you keep you cap/tax figure under control.
    Last edited by exstatic; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our starting SF is a gleague talent and people are looking at an established player like tobias harris and worrying about his pointy elbows

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contrary to what people believe, I could see the Spurs moving Sochan to the SF spot next year. He just isn't big enough for the PF position:

Trae / Tre
    Vassell / Wesley
    Sohan/Risacher
    Barrlow? / Johnson
    Wemby / Collins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don’t need him to be an All star, we just need him to defend his position, and hit open 3s. He’s not a creator, but needs to play off of a gravity player, which we have. That’s probably why he’s struggled, post Embiid. If they’re disenchanted with him, that’s good for us. They won’t be throwing another stupid offer at him.

Boris Diaw’s career was in the garbage when we signed him. You probably wouldn’t have wanted him, either. Reclamation projects are how you keep you cap/tax figure under control.
    Spurs got Diaw super cheap, and if I remember right the first deal was a minimum after a buyout, then a second 2/9 deal that was under the MLE.

If you think Tobias Harris is signing for a minimum 1 year deal, or a 2/18 deal that would be similar to back then proportionally, then that would be one thing. But that's probably not happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contrary to what people believe, I could see the Spurs moving Sochan to the SF spot next year. He just isn't big enough for the PF position:

Trae / Tre
    Vassell / Wesley
    Sohan/Risacher
    Barrlow? / Johnson
    Wemby / Collins
    Yeah, I agree that Sochan guards smaller players better than big ones, but promoting Barrow is a backwards step. Spurs should look at starting material players. Even stop gap solutions. Tyus Jones, Fultz, Anunoby, Monk, Bruce Brown, Patrick Williams, Buddy Hield, Royce O'Neale, Caleb Martin, Gary Trent Jr, Jalen Smith, Achiuwa

There are plenty of rotational players to be had to replace some of our youths that are just on the treadmill, like Brenham or Wesley, Mamu, Barrlow, Bassey. Then there is the regulation of Osman, Zach Collins and Champagnie to consider.

Spurs could look at DeRozan or Kyle Anderson if Johnson is moved to upgrade a spot in the rotation.

Then there is a draft, potentially 3 rookies (Spurs 1st, Tor 1st, Spurs 2nd)

It is going to be a busy free agency. I think at minimum, Graham and Manu will be out, likely replaced with one rookie. I think Bassey might be out too as he is unlikely going to play next season anyway due to the ACL injury. Zach Collins/Osman/Johnson are the vets that might be shopped for better fits or upgrades. Wesley and Branham are on the treadmill and will likely stick around for another season. Cissoko will get a look in the pre season games to see how his shot falls with a full offseason of shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got Diaw super cheap, and if I remember right the first deal was a minimum after a buyout, then a second 2/9 deal that was under the MLE.

If you think Tobias Harris is signing for a minimum 1 year deal, or a 2/18 deal that would be similar to back then proportionally, then that would be one thing. But that's probably not happening
    He’s not getting 25. The market isn’t there. I’ve said somewhere between MLE and 20, 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I agree that Sochan guards smaller players better than big ones, but promoting Barrow is a backwards step. Spurs should look at starting material players. Even stop gap solutions. Tyus Jones, Fultz, Anunoby, Monk, Bruce Brown, Patrick Williams, Buddy Hield, Royce O'Neale, Caleb Martin, Gary Trent Jr, Jalen Smith, Achiuwa

There are plenty of rotational players to be had to replace some of our youths that are just on the treadmill, like Brenham or Wesley, Mamu, Barrlow, Bassey. Then there is the regulation of Osman, Zach Collins and Champagnie to consider.

Spurs could look at DeRozan or Kyle Anderson if Johnson is moved to upgrade a spot in the rotation.

Then there is a draft, potentially 3 rookies (Spurs 1st, Tor 1st, Spurs 2nd)

It is going to be a busy free agency. I think at minimum, Graham and Manu will be out, likely replaced with one rookie. I think Bassey might be out too as he is unlikely going to play next season anyway due to the ACL injury. Zach Collins/Osman/Johnson are the vets that might be shopped for better fits or upgrades. Wesley and Branham are on the treadmill and will likely stick around for another season. Cissoko will get a look in the pre season games to see how his shot falls with a full offseason of shooting.
    Naw, he was injured so early, he’ll play next year. I think they said he’ll be in training camp.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not getting 25. The market isn’t there. I’ve said somewhere between MLE and 20, 3 years.
    I *think* I've heard talk in pistons circles about 4/100 because they have ludicrous cap room. Just fan speculation but believable

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of funny seeing everyone on Laurie's when no one wanted him even in trade for DeRozan in 21 when he walked to Chicago. Not that I really wanted him then either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gilbert (Cavaliers owner) claimed this week that they're confident Mitc will re-sign.

2024 Offseason Trade Ideas for NBA's Most Hopeless Teams | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

If they were going to go down this road, I'd rather . . .

To Cavaliers: Johnson (Cavaliers almost selected him in draft, but went Windler at last second), Jones, Craptors 1st, Hornets 1st.

To Spurs: Garland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of funny seeing everyone on Laurie's when no one wanted him even in trade for DeRozan in 21 when he walked to Chicago. Not that I really wanted him then either.
    well he's broken out since then

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I did…….check the receipts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavine + Bulls 2024 1st - Spurs
    Zollins + Tre ( expiring )+ Devonte graham ( expiring )+ Both 2024 seconds + Bulls 2025 first & second + Hornets 1st - Bulls

Keep all the Hawks picks as well as our own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    leaving a lit bit on the table if it's a fair deal that both sides will leave happy with and is symbiotic.
    I agree with you. I always try and leave a little something on the table. I go in with the philosophy that if everyone doesn't walk away from the table with something they can feel good about, then it was a bad deal...
    Have you guys been able to inculcate this into your romantic relationships also?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how well modern sports medicine can predict how well a post op will hold up.
    But he strikes me as being a twist away from another catostrophic injury.
    3 years at 45 million i don't like it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gilbert (Cavaliers owner) claimed this week that they're confident Mitc will re-sign.

2024 Offseason Trade Ideas for NBA's Most Hopeless Teams | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

If they were going to go down this road, I'd rather . . .

To Cavaliers: Johnson (Cavaliers almost selected him in draft, but went Windler at last second), Jones, Craptors 1st, Hornets 1st.

To Spurs: Garland
    I like it, but with their formulation that has Malaki (with the Cleveland connection) over sending Tre out. Garland has had a down year, and seems to have struggled figuring out his place next to Mitc .

I personally prefer Garland to Young if I’m being honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you guys been able to inculcate this into your romantic relationships also?
    Leave even more on the table there... only way to stay married

Thread Information