Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if hawks just want players and picks. They probably want Johnson and Jones/Collins to start for example. Or more likely Vassell. Just imo.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be building to a championship, not mediocrity. This would be Dallas-level incompetence

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray already blew out a foot and is lucky to have kept SOME athleticism…

resigning damaged goods is always a bad idea

pass

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like exploratory surgery looking for cancer. Joking. Still seems like a long shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Schoeder off TOR's hands
    For a short-term rental while the Spurs bring up a drafted PG, sounds good to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminder that the price ATL paid for DJM was two unprotected FRPs, one protected pick swap, one lotto-protected FRP from a team who's playoff chances are dubious.

I think we can all agree that DJM's value has only gone down since this point, by how much is the question. Even if you view the original trade as a rental, rentals still have a cost. My estimate is that DJM's value is approximately half.

I'd offer our '27 FRP (unprotected) plus the CHI pick. They can have any of our scrub ass players they want outside of Wemby, Devin, Keldon, Tre. If they want Sochan, reduce the CHI pick to the CHA pick and two SRPs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on the price and whatnot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This reeks of the trades, like the Ayton trade and many others that get rumors but are not even on the same planetary system of the truth. If anything, this is Atlanta trying to bid up the asking price by implying that the Spurs want him back. There is no better way to bid up his trade value than act like a team with a bunch of picks, salary cap space, and young players wants him. That's the way to get the players they want from the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This reeks of the trades, like the Ayton trade and many others that get rumors but are not even on the same planetary system of the truth. If anything, this is Atlanta trying to bid up the asking price by implying that the Spurs want him back. There is no better way to bid up his trade value than act like a team with a bunch of picks, salary cap space, and young players wants him. That's the way to get the players they want from the Lakers.
    What would they want from the Lakers?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throw in a FRP and it's a true spurstalk trade. "Austin Daye and a first rounder for Kevin Durant. Who says no?"
    Would have to be the Charlotte pick tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking who may actually be in the market for DJM here. A team like Houston may be a sly, unexpected one, really improve their defense and point of attack options, maybe move off Jalen Green, that sort of thing.

Note that Atlanta DOESN'T HAVE TO trade Dejounte. It's just them exploring shaking things up. You're not getting him for nothing; they'd just keep him. But some of these younger teams could use him. Lots of teams could use him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking who may actually be in the market for DJM here. A team like Houston may be a sly, unexpected one, really improve their defense and point of attack options, maybe move off Jalen Green, that sort of thing.

Note that Atlanta DOESN'T HAVE TO trade Dejounte. It's just them exploring shaking things up. You're not getting him for nothing; they'd just keep him. But some of these younger teams could use him. Lots of teams could use him.
    There have been rumbling of Houston moving on from Green. I'd kinda like that because he doesn't move the needle for them next year. Atl might like ot because he won't hurt their tank for the current season....I could see that..

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To be clear, DJM's not all that wrong here
    "..and we're building around Keldon."

That burn attempt was bad enough on its own, and it's aged even worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs: Dejounte, Mills

Atlanta: McDermott, Graham, 24 toronto 1st round pick, 25 Bulls 1st round pick, 24 Lakers 2nd round pick, 25 Bulls 2nd round pick

I'd absolutely do that..
    I would too. Why in the would Atlanta though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All 2025 FRPs/swaps should be off the table imo.
    The Chicago pick is protected anyways.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They don't have to, but they have to do something.
    They're 14-21 with no signs of improvement. They traded away their picks and it's obvious Trae and DJ aren't that good of a fit together.
    Bogdanovic is their other valuable player, but he's 31 and on a bargain contract, they don't want to trade him away.
    Jalen Johnson seems untouchable because he's been the brightest spot of their season outside of Trae doing his thing.
    Noone else has much value. Hunter's value tanked a bit.

Imo, I can see a three team trade happening.
    They want Siakam, but I don't think Toronto wants Murray, they want to rebuild.

Since this year's class is bad, I'd give Toronto their pick back if they take Collins and Granham's contracts.
    And give Atlanta their swap back, along with Chicago or Charlotte pick. Then they can figure out what they're willing to give up for Siakam.

On our side it would be Toronto pick, Hawks swap and one of Chicago/Charlotte for Murray, with Collins and Granham salaries going out.
    Take it or leave it, Spurs don't have to do this, Hawks and Raptors are both in a bad spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually heard this 1-2 weeks ago, but didn't post it because I wasn't sold on the source.

I don't like a lot of the fit: Another string bean, who can't get to the rim/line, average play making and though an improved 3-point shooter, not quite a spacer.

But, to play devil's advocate: You can't check every box, he's probably the best they can realistically do anytime soon overall and they'd still have surplus picks.

Even if they select a Topic or whoever, it'll likely be at least a few years before him or that player is ready to begin impacting winning. They can't wait that long.

The Hawks would have to swallow their pride (though they might insist on one of their picks back to attempt to somewhat save face), but if the Spurs are motivated enough, they can easily beat the best offer of the Knicks, Lakers and whoever else might realistically get involved.

I'm curious what Atlanta wants? Are they after players to make them better now or do they want to bottom out this season and get more picks. Apparently our compe ors are LA and NY... LA can offer a couple middling players and one good pick. NY basically has salary filler and several middle to late firsts. We can easily beat either package without overpaying. I do like tne idea of Murray on this team as long as the price isn't to high.
    They want quality draft equity + salary relief to attempt to reload one last time around Young (and Johnson) before the time inevitably comes to part ways.

Spurs: Dejounte, Mills

Atlanta: McDermott, Graham, 24 toronto 1st round pick, 25 Bulls 1st round pick, 24 Lakers 2nd round pick, 25 Bulls 2nd round pick
    This is along the lines of what I suspect it'd take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the Hawks forum insider, the Spurs interest is legit

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/437.../123/#comments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way the Hawks trade Dejounte for just salary filler + protected firsts + seconds. Especially since they don't control their own draft from 2025-2027.

I think something like Keldon + CHI 1st + one of ATL's picks back (2025 or 2027) is the minimum they would consider. Remember that the Spurs are not the only team that will send offers.

Though I do think the Spurs are on a good future trajectory with respect to cap sheet and picks. They shouldn't break the bank getting Dejounte imo.
    The 25 pick is completely off limits unless they're trading Trae. That's the kind of piece you can cash in for a star when teams will be falling over themselves to tank for Cooper Flagg.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would too. Why in the would Atlanta though?
    They wouldn't. It'll take more...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually heard this 1-2 weeks ago, but didn't post it because I wasn't sold on the source.

I don't like a lot of the fit: Another string bean, who can't get to the rim/line, average play making and though an improved 3-point shooter, not quite a spacer.

But, to play devil's advocate: You can't check every box, he's probably the best they can realistically do anytime soon overall and they'd still have surplus picks.

Even if they select a Topic or whoever, it'll likely be at least a few years before him or that player is ready to begin impacting winning. They can't wait that long.

The Hawks would have to swallow their pride (though they might insist on one of their picks back to attempt to somewhat save face), but if the Spurs are motivated enough, they can easily beat the best offer of the Knicks, Lakers and whoever else might realistically get involved.

They want quality draft equity + salary relief to attempt to reload one last time around Young (and Johnson) before the time inevitably comes to part ways.

This is along the lines of what I suspect it'd take.
    That we can provide...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the Hawks forum insider, the Spurs interest is legit

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/437.../123/#comments
    Grimes + Fournier + middling picks almost got done today? Am i reading that right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grimes + Fournier + middling picks almost got done today? Am i reading that right?
    Holy Grimes is like their Branham and Fournier is like their second Branham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if that's all it takes then the price is extremely low That doesn't even sound halfway realistic. Spurs could easily send them Branham, the CHA pick, CHI pick and two 2nds to beat that.

Holy Grimes is like their Branham and Fournier is like their second Branham.
    it's like Branham and one of Graham/McDermott/Collins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that was the obvious Knicks offer. Spurs don't have a young, inexpensive, 3 and D guard like Grimes, who'd be a nice fit alongside Young, but he's not so enticing so where the Spurs advantage in quality of draft equity couldn't swing it in their favor.

Also, I don't think Murray would markedly improve the Knicks, but it wouldn't behoove the Hawks, who are looking to re-tool, to potentially further strengthen a second tier East team.

Thread Information