Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks dragged DJ’s name for almost a month in trade rumors only to say Nevermind I bet he has a new found appreciation for The Spurs and how they do business now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks dragged DJ’s name for almost a month in trade rumors only to say Nevermind I bet he has a new found appreciation for The Spurs and how they do business now
    Nurse put the kibosh on the trade about two weeks ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we put that on the table it'll be the best offer they have. I'd do that myself..
    Looking at the deals happening today, this feels like an overpay now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was recently reported that Atlanta prefers expiring contracts in a deal with Dejounte as well as 2 1st round picks. No teams have so far offered 2 1st round picks. This seems like exactly the type of offer that the Spurs would be able to make while not screwing up future draft capital. I like McDermott and he wants to be a Spur so we just sign him back in the summer for cheaper lol. If they want more expiring contracts to make Atlanta happy i guess you could throw in Cedi in the deal too but 1st i would try...

Spurs: Dejounte

Atlanta: McDermott, 2024 Toronto 1st round pick, 25 Bulls 1st round pick, 24 lakers 2nd round pick, 25 Bulls 2nd round pick

This seems much better than any other team would offer because these are good picks with chances to be in the lottery, way better than what most teams are offering. Atlanta can continue to "try to contend" with Trea because the picks are not tied to Atlantas success. If they must have one of their own picks back I would take out Torontos pick this year and replace it with Atlantas 2027 pick. That gives Atlanta a few more options with Trae, the option to tank in a few years or use as draft capital in a trade to continue to "contend".

If Atlanta accepts that, I'll go for it. The Spurs would keep all Atlanta's FRP to add talent or use in a trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Atlanta accepts that, I'll go for it. The Spurs would keep all Atlanta's FRP to add talent or use in a trade.
    That would be a fleece they just might accept if it was any other team offering it.
    Too embarrassing to make that trade with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte doesn't seem like the most self-aware guy in the world.

Dude trashed Pop and the Spurs on his way out the door, then turns around and is like "I'd welcome going back to San Antonio"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst case scenario for us is that DJM somehow uses this as motivation and takes his game up a notch, lifting Atlanta into the playoffs for the next couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst case scenario for us is that DJM somehow uses this as motivation and takes his game up a notch, lifting Atlanta into the playoffs for the next couple of years.
    But hopefully he takes this as a diss and takes a blow torch to Atlanta's locker room

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if the Hawks are going to trade DJM it looks like it won't be to the Lakers:

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like such a missed opportunity...

Well at least a certain poster Doesn't Have To Post Like This Anymore. That must be a relief!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IG baller commented on Spurs official IG on their Wemby post with: “He different!”

…I’m Bringing Back My Caps…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IG baller commented on Spurs official IG on their Wemby post with: “He different!”

…I’m Bringing Back My Caps…
    Please don’t!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some interesting DJM/Tre Jones comparisons (which I don't think are particularly apples to apples, but are still interesting:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some interesting DJM/Tre Jones comparisons (which I don't think are particularly apples to apples, but are still interesting:

It really was a beautiful swindle of a trade. The DWhite trade was good as well, but him exploding as a player afterwards kind of dampers the return.

I still vividly remember telling my wife that the Spurs were going to trade Dejounte the following off-season, and going all-out for "this Wenbyana kid in the draft who's like 8 feet tall", as it was clear that there was no future with DJ here. Back when he was getting dared to shoot 3's by the Celtics.

Just beautiful how it all turned out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really was a beautiful swindle of a trade. The DWhite trade was good as well, but him exploding as a player afterwards kind of dampers the return.

I still vividly remember telling my wife that the Spurs were going to trade Dejounte the following off-season, and going all-out for "this Wenbyana kid in the draft who's like 8 feet tall", as it was clear that there was no future with DJ here. Back when he was getting dared to shoot 3's by the Celtics.

Just beautiful how it all turned out.
    Agree on the DJ deal. Way too early to say on the White trade given how amazing he's been for Boston. All hinges on that swap, bc Blake and a few SRPs is looking very meh right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair it's pretty clear that Dejounte is a much better basketball player than Tre Jones, stats aside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on the DJ deal. Way too early to say on the White trade given how amazing he's been for Boston. All hinges on that swap, bc Blake and a few SRPs is looking very meh right now.
    Better we got something for him. Derrick was always one of my favorite Spurs,but he was 23 when drafted, and will be 30 around free agency. He’s a guy that’s far more valuable to a contender than a rebuilding team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre sucks, he's just smart enough to know how to make his stats

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray just hit the game winner against Boston.

Great battle between him and Derrick White as well.

IG baller is balling! How many game winner has he hit already? Clutch gene!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homeboy took 44 shots, including 19 threes?!?!? Holy cow. Since 1990, that's the 7th highest number of shots in a single game, and outside of Kobe's 50 in 2016, all others game before 2006. https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/mos...ame-since-1990

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    44 shots to get 44 points. lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And only 2 free throws.
    I caught the end of the 4th and OT, it was disgusting to watch.
    He kept shooting over the entire Celtics team in the OT.

If I was a Celtics fan, I'd be really concerned, they still keep reverting to hero ball in close games.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homeboy took 44 shots, including 19 threes?!?!? Holy cow. Since 1990, that's the 7th highest number of shots in a single game, and outside of Kobe's 50 in 2016, all others game before 2006. https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/mos...ame-since-1990
    I'm putting a bit of an asterisk next to this one due to the fact the game went to OT. He only had 36 shot attempts at the end of regulation.

Thread Information