Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can see improvements but IMO with his speed he should be able to get by any defender ... last season he got by and could not finish over the help defender or even on an undefended basket. Now he takes that first quick step, does not get by his defender and passes the ball again. overall he play better, but the one thing that was exciting about him is not happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can see improvements but IMO with his speed he should be able to get by any defender ... last season he got by and could not finish over the help defender or even on an undefended basket. Now he takes that first quick step, does not get by his defender and passes the ball again. overall he play better, but the one thing that was exciting about him is not happening
    Baby steps.. he’ll get there next. Pop is giving him a “role” out there to minimize his mistakes.. dribble penetrate and kick, play defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baby steps.. he’ll get there next. Pop is giving him a “role” out there to minimize his mistakes.. dribble penetrate and kick, play defense.
    Right, like with Kawhi (spot - up shooter) & DeJounte (hanging out in the dunker's spot) as they progressed, matured and improved. Obviously, the likelihood that Wesley reaches either guys' level is slim. Still, it's good to see Pop finally open to utilizing and playing Wesley more regularly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has cut out the major mistakes and issues he had. Clearly listened and worked hard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My thoughts watching Wesley the last few games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignited the second half rally today with his energy and defense on Young. Shame he didn't get finish off his good work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignited the second half rally today with his energy and defense on Young. Shame he didn't get finish off his good work.
    Same against Chicago. Mamu and Blake helped lead the comeback, Pop put Devin back in and the team just cratered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley is playing way better then Branham. He should get all the Branham minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can still get blinders on when he's driving to the basket, but the fact that he plays defense puts him over Branham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley is playing way better then Branham. He should get all the Branham minutes.
    Their roles are completely different and Branham needs time. We'll see the results before long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham Has Lonnie-itis. He Has Zero Impact When He’s Out There That He Might As Well Be Invisible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s had some impressive spurts on defense but until he proves to be even a league average guy on offense I’m not sure he has much of a future in this league. He’s got no jumper, he can’t finish at the rim, and he’s not much of a playmaking threat.

I still think he has time but at this point it’s more likely he’s out of the league in 3 years than it is that he becomes a starter level player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a big deal when you're willing to play hard on defense so that counts for something. branham is just clueless on that end of the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The defensive intensity is definitely welcome... but boy he is still looking rough on the offensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his defense is definitely refreshing, but the solution to him being erratic on offense cannot just be him doing nothing on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about guys who are effin' 20 years old. Show some freaking patience.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley had turned the corner. I think he finally found his niche on this team. Harass opposing guards and get to the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley has been gifted a chance by Branham. He's using it well. He has the tools to be a decent player. Hope he does.
    His speed and reflexes are astonishing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wesley with a good d...Felt he made sum nice passes as well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about guys who are effin' 20 years old. Show some freaking patience.
    I hear you man, but at the same time it’s an impatient league these days. There is so much young talent coming in right now, and teams like the spurs with multiple picks ahead of them have to make tough choices earlier than in the past. It’s ty to say, but by your third year in the league if you’re middling, there is always another guy coming up behind you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear you man, but at the same time it’s an impatient league these days. There is so much young talent coming in right now, and teams like the spurs with multiple picks ahead of them have to make tough choices earlier than in the past. It’s ty to say, but by your third year in the league if you’re middling, there is always another guy coming up behind you.
    It's too much from the idiot sewing circle of too many ST members. We develope Kyle Anderson, we develop Dejounte and Keldon, we developed Hill and Kawhi and Parker, and all these bozos saying we should cut Blake for Cameron ing Payne late in the summer. It's hilarious at this point. I look forward to more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-but Wesley is trash and not an nba player, a wasted pick. Oh and Sochan is a joke. Fire Pop he’s not playing Wemby enough. I want Risacher or that Williams kid, but Spurs can’t be losing that much game…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s had some impressive spurts on defense but until he proves to be even a league average guy on offense I’m not sure he has much of a future in this league. He’s got no jumper, he can’t finish at the rim, and he’s not much of a playmaking threat.

I still think he has time but at this point it’s more likely he’s out of the league in 3 years than it is that he becomes a starter level player.
    This is a horrible take. LMAO

Wesley is far from a finished product, but he's shown a lot growth & promise compared to last season. His speed and quickness can't be taught, while he's making smarter decisions and taking better shot attempts. Not seeing as much of the dumb, head down drives that lead to low - percentage attempts ala Russell Westbrook.

Pop definitely needs to figure out ways to get him more PT which would mean less time for McDermott (not Malaki). I think you can play a line up with Blake - Malaki - Cedi and platooning Zach, Mamu & Dom Barlow at the 4/5 spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is cool watching him learn to use his speed, length, and quickness. I love the mouthbreathers attributing it to his practice in IN as a child.

Victor is learning better shots to take and where to take them. His shot % is on a steady rise. His growth in knowledge of the offense and defense grows every game. More importantly the whole team around him is being taught how and where to get him the ball to good effect.

Sochan's PG experiment train wrecked but his ball handling and passing skills have taken a quantum leap forward. He is doing the drive to spin to finish move that Giannis and the elites love so much. You can see where he is learning the techniques that work before the polish comes in. His ceiling got raised big time.

Spurs development program continues to put in work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is cool watching him learn to use his speed, length, and quickness. I love the mouthbreathers attributing it to his practice in IN as a child.

Victor is learning better shots to take and where to take them. His shot % is on a steady rise. His growth in knowledge of the offense and defense grows every game. More importantly the whole team around him is being taught how and where to get him the ball to good effect.

Sochan's PG experiment train wrecked but his ball handling and passing skills have taken a quantum leap forward. He is doing the drive to spin to finish move that Giannis and the elites love so much. You can see where he is learning the techniques that work before the polish comes in. His ceiling got raised big time.

Spurs development program continues to put in work.
    Now, find a high-end swingman, another good back up big, and the continued coaching up of the current guys to make the 'leap' everyone here is begging for.

Also, it feels like Pop's crazy, old ass was letting the guys feel each other out (to terrible outcomes) the first few months of the season. Seems like they are being coached up a lot more lately and running actual sets to get Vassell, Wembanyama, and McDermott good looks.

I just want to see the kid, Blake Wesley, continue to grow and show this encouraging growth of the last few weeks.

Thread Information