• Yes

16 41.03%
  • No

23 58.97%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I think he won't get in by popular votes to be a starter. I also don't think the coaches will vote him in. But, I think there is a pretty good chance he'll get in as an injury replacement player if one of the selected players is unable to participate.

Commissioner Adam Silver selects the replacement for any player unable to participate in the All-Star Game, choosing a player from the same conference as the player who is being replaced.
    I think it would be in Silvers interest to build up the hype around Wemby. And his style of play would certainly suit the All Star format.

So what do you guys think?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If his own team cannot see him on the court, what makes you think anyone else will?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the future face of the league and therefore it's in Silvers interest to build him up as a star asap. Also there are six frontcourt players guaranteed and he is sitting at #8 in popular votes right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is a human highlight, but Spurs made him and the team look bad for too many games with Sochan at PG.
    Wemby's FG% and TO were really bad before moving to the center position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Durant, Davis and Leonard ahead of him in the votes, there is a big chance he could be called as a replacement. But even without that, I could see Silver giving him one of the Wild Card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the Spurs aren't even saying anything about it on social media. Other teams are pushing their players and not a peep from the Spurs. I don't think he'll be an all-star this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’ll miraculously get voted in and will be AS MVP with 40 pts, 20 rebounds, 10 blocks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the Spurs aren't even saying anything about it on social media. Other teams are pushing their players and not a peep from the Spurs. I don't think he'll be an all-star this season.
    He won’t likely be voted in, but the league recognizes the interest he’s drawn, and it is in their interest to name him as a reserve or replacement player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, no. But it is rare for a rookie to make the all star game. Even Lebron did not. But yes, Tim Duncan did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the future face of the league and therefore it's in Silvers interest to build him up as a star asap. Also there are six frontcourt players guaranteed and he is sitting at #8 in popular votes right now.
    no hes 8th in the West frontcourt voting with only 3 spots. No fuggin way he gets voted as a starter

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’ll miraculously get voted in and will be AS MVP with 40 pts, 20 rebounds, 10 blocks
    Homer take.

He will be added by the league to the All Star Game but no way the other players pass him the ball enough to be MVP. He also won't get enough minutes as a reserve to be the MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

What's funny is Chet won't be, but will win ROY.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is a human highlight, but Spurs made him and the team look bad for too many games with Sochan at PG.
    Wemby's FG% and TO were really bad before moving to the center position.
    And with Branham at PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stern Jr. makes sure he gets in to increase Sheckels.

As a Spur while perhaps we'd rather have him rest, since he is going a q is what kind of chick(s) will he hook up with? Its in Vegas, right?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

Reminds me of the 2001 MVP where the media decided it was Iverson in December and then just refused to change even though Shaq killed him in pretty much every way and had the Lakers red hot to finish the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he does, but assume he won't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no hes 8th in the West frontcourt voting with only 3 spots. No fuggin way he gets voted as a starter
    No, it's at least six spots for frontcourt players. Three each by popular voting and coaches votes. Two each for backcourt players btw. And to round it up, twp players regardles their position. So I think his chances aren't that bad.

Edit: just saw you wrote as a starter. Don't think that'll happen as well. But the question is if he'll be an All Star, not necessarily a starter.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance. The most infuriating part is that Chet will be an all star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance. The most infuriating part is that Chet will be an all star
    Victor Wembanyama is going to be the next ‘face’ of the NBA. For all that SA is the winningest regular season team,with a pocket full of championships, and a slew of HOF players, we’ve never had that. It’s gone from Magic, to MJ, to Kobe, to LeBron, and now to Victor. The rule’s are different for that player.

They’ll find a way to get him on the roster, even if they have to exert some pressure to manufacture a fake injury.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

He’ll get both. More of a lock for ROY though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A week ago I would have thought yes as one of the last roster spots, but after listening to the last Lowe podcast when they went through their AS selection predictions, I don't think so - and it's not even a matter of bias against the Spurs. No matter how good Wemby has been, he's still on an atrocious basketball team, and that carries a stink with it. You can say what you will about whether team performance should be considered in ROTY, but it is definitely part of AS selection process.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A week ago I would have thought yes as one of the last roster spots, but after listening to the last Lowe podcast when they went through their AS selection predictions, I don't think so - and it's not even a matter of bias against the Spurs. No matter how good Wemby has been, he's still on an atrocious basketball team, and that carries a stink with it. You can say what you will about whether team performance should be considered in ROTY, but it is definitely part of AS selection process.
    Yup. People don’t seem to be aware of the national talk about wemby and the spurs. The terrible record is overshadowing all of Victor’s accomplishments. He’s a highlight reel that people (who obviously don’t watch spurs games because they are awful) think doesn’t impact winning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, although I don't share this view. But anyway, popular votes only account for 50% of the starters votes. Silver decides on the replacements.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He's been in the league less than half a season. It's early to say he's the future face of the league. Promising for sure. I don't know if Silver takes that leap over someone more established who's coach didn't time him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not how I'd have it, but what I suspect is most likely . . .

Starters: James, Durant, Jokic, Doncic, Curry

Bench: George, S bag, Davis, Edwards, Gilgeous-Alexander, Booker, Sabonis/Fox

Injury replacements: Fox/Sabonis, Gobert, Towns, Sengun, Markkanen

Thread Information