Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think they see JS in the KL mold. The kid is super skilled, running point guard was only done so he could work on weakness at realtime game speed. Indecisive maybe but not dumb.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Can you really be a fan if it appears you are rooting against players on your team? I mean the hate on Jeremy Sochan is idiotic given that he is a second year player that only played half a season last year. He continues to look good in most games since they ended the point guard experiment and I really think anyone that hates on him or wants him on the bench or traded or cut should be cut or traded as a Spur fan. If only we could trade some of these fans to other teams and get people that actually root for their team.
    When you land the 1st overall pick and it's a generational player potential, you don't want to spend the next year watching Jeremy Sochan learn to be a point guard while your pick is being frozen out. So the angst is understandable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes, I’m the one being an “emotional ”. Are you twelve? You can simply log off if you read things that so obviously hurt your feelings.
    Yes, yes you are and have been for quite some time, tbh.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, yes you are and have been for quite some time, tbh.
    You’re all up and down the post whining and yelling like a little kid. Just log off little guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re all up and down the post whining and yelling like a little kid. Just log off little guy
    Won’t find one post of such behavior, unlike you… fire pop everyone outside Wemby sucks Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey buddy, still waiting…….
    for Dwight Howard to blow your back out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss Cleo dreams of being split roasted by Howard and Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is honestly exciting to see him improve leaps and bounds every week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think they see JS in the KL mold. The kid is super skilled, running point guard was only done so he could work on weakness at realtime game speed. Indecisive maybe but not dumb.
    My take as well. The kid is a gym rat and willing to do anything to learn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posters please note the same dudes deflect and insult vs speak facts…… cowards simply put.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the flex "vassell isnt overpaid" because the extensions, which is binding, might not take place or vassell will grow a huge amount as soon as the extension kicks in, therefore opinions are wrong.

Baby brains think future events dont exist and stay up all night to make sure the sun comes up again. Only an idiot would say "might be hot tomorrow" you do not know that bro!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you are scary stupid fr...

Getting all emo towards ppl who don't share ur pov instead of just either arguying or passing ur way.

Just breathe, it's basketball, no need to bring all ur life frustrations into this convo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you land the 1st overall pick and it's a generational player potential, you don't want to spend the next year watching Jeremy Sochan learn to be a point guard while your pick is being frozen out. So the angst is understandable.
    That angst stems from years of inaction on the part of the FO where the team sucked and didn't reap the benefits of being awful. But that is crying over spilled milk, and making Sochan the scape goat for Pop's decisions isn't "understandable". If anything, I'd commend his willingness to take on the job he was assigned, in spite of being set up to fail from the beginning. I mean, how does a natural PF who can't really beat guards off the dribble and isn't known as a volume 3 pt shooter succeed in playing PG for the first time in his life with a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing? Draymond Green would look like ass too in that scheme. Bottom line, Sochan has ways to go but he's a 20 y.o. sop re who is doing as well as could be expected during the cir stances, making him the scape goat for years of poor FO decisions and harassing him through social media won't accomplish anything. Let the kid play and we'll find out how far he can go. I'm optimistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan has been playing stellar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An honest answer is that JR Smith was probably the dumbest NBA player I’ve ever seen.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An honest answer is that JR Smith was probably the dumbest NBA player I’ve ever seen.
    For me it's either Ricky Davis or Isaiah Rider. JR Smith is definitely up there, and Javale McGee too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the flex "vassell isnt overpaid" because the extensions, which is binding, might not take place or vassell will grow a huge amount as soon as the extension kicks in, therefore opinions are wrong.

Baby brains think future events dont exist and stay up all night to make sure the sun comes up again. Only an idiot would say "might be hot tomorrow" you do not know that bro!
    yeah right. Why don't we throw a 5-year max contract at James Harden in free agency, cause he will clearly still play on this level when he's 39

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the lamest thread ever on an NBA forum?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical over rating. Sochan is a role player with limited skills not special in any area.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That angst stems from years of inaction on the part of the FO where the team sucked and didn't reap the benefits of being awful. But that is crying over spilled milk, and making Sochan the scape goat for Pop's decisions isn't "understandable". If anything, I'd commend his willingness to take on the job he was assigned, in spite of being set up to fail from the beginning. I mean, how does a natural PF who can't really beat guards off the dribble and isn't known as a volume 3 pt shooter succeed in playing PG for the first time in his life with a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing? Draymond Green would look like ass too in that scheme. Bottom line, Sochan has ways to go but he's a 20 y.o. sop re who is doing as well as could be expected during the cir stances, making him the scape goat for years of poor FO decisions and harassing him through social media won't accomplish anything. Let the kid play and we'll find out how far he can go. I'm optimistic.
    These are easy points after a win where JS did well. I don't care how far JS can go. I care how far Victor can go. There are a lot of JS's in the world. Fans want to see the Spurs build around Victor, not use Victor's rookie season to experiment with Jeremy ing Sochan.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are easy points after a win where JS did well. I don't care how far JS can go. I care how far Victor can go. There are a lot of JS's in the world.
    JS almost lost the game when he drove to the basket and made a wild shot that didn't come close to going in with the game tied at 112 and the ball luckily went to Johnson for the rebound.

What a one point win does to some in here to lose clarity. Had the Spurs lost, the takes would be different. Sochan had some nice plays in the 4th quarter and scored most of his points but did little the rest of the game.

Was an average outing for him not some super star level game like some are making out. But I guess an average outing is an improvement over a poor one which I was expecting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are easy points after a win where JS did well. I don't care how far JS can go. I care how far Victor can go. There are a lot of JS's in the world. Fans want to see the Spurs build around Victor, not use Victor's rookie season to experiment with Jeremy ing Sochan.
    It seems you didn't comprehend very well, maybe you should read again: I'm not in favor of the Sochan as PG experiment, what I find laughable is that it's him people target, as if it was his choice to play out of position and not Pop's. You're barking up the wrong tree, and Sochan got a lot of hate because of it, which is completely unjustified.
    There aren't a lot of 20 year olds playing defense the way he is with the potential Sochan has. If there are, I would like you to name a few. And in any case, even if these guys are not the long term partners for Victor, developing them so that reach their potential is the best path forward so that when an opportunity presents itself to trade for a star or a higher potential player, some team is interested in them.
    What would be the alternative path you'd like the Spurs to take? Sell low now, overpay for a low end star? That carries a lot of risks on its own. Victor is 20, the Spurs should be worried that they'll be contenders in a few years so that they don't lose him, not next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical over rating. Sochan is a role player with limited skills not special in any area.
    Dude, Sochan is shooting better from the field and from 3 than your boy Shaedon Sharpe, Honestly, if there's someone you should worry about being an empty stats chucker, it's your boy.. He isn't even that good at what is supposed to be his calling card, and they're exactly the same age. Athletic, dumbass shooting guards are dime a dozen, just ask Houston for Jalen Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, this is you guys rationalizing popovich’s bad decisions. He still has complete tunnel vision, he still can’t change up his dribble once he’s decided what he’s going to do. He almost lost the game trying to go one on three at the basket late in the game. He still racks up a tiny number of assists.

His improvement is due entirely to the fact that his not being forced to be a point guard anymore.
    claiming he can only dribble in a straight line.

Generally speaking when I see people talking in absolute certainties I know thy are full of . Quantum reality highlights well how that is just the wrong way to look at possible outcomes and causes.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, Sochan is shooting better from the field and from 3 than your boy Shaedon Sharpe, Honestly, if there's someone you should worry about being an empty stats chucker, it's your boy.. He isn't even that good at what is supposed to be his calling card, and they're exactly the same age. Athletic, dumbass shooting guards are dime a dozen, just ask Houston for Jalen Green.
    Career stats I wouldn't say Sochan is shooting better.

Sharpe FG 44.5% and 3 pt. 35%
    Sochan 44.9% and 31.2%

Sharpe also sat out a year and has been injured this year so he's missed a lot of time.

Both rate poor defensively at this time.

Sharpe shows more athleticism( far better vertical leaping ability, in fact one of the best in the entire league, and better form on his perimeter shot) and is regarded as having more offensive upside from most everyone except some Spur homers in this forum.

Sharpe also doesn't look like a goon on the court with lame colored hair
    Last edited by rascal; 01-28-2024 at 08:39 PM.

Thread Information