Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weak especially for an Euro. Amigo is clearly still struggling with being a hot head.
    once you start mentioning someones family members Balkan people go crazy... It was not just the ''go to the gym'' comments, as that re ed reporter reported... Luka unfortunately does not have the Jokic bros to handle these type of situations.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    once you start mentioning someones family members Balkan people go crazy... It was not just the ''go to the gym'' comments, as that re ed reporter reported... Luka unfortunately does not have the Jokic bros to handle these type of situations.
    Was the guy heckling in foreign tongue? Who cares what he's yelling in English.

Disappointing for guy that was raised on European bball setting.

Seemed he kinda walked it back post game. Realizing it was show of weakness. Luka just too hot headed yet again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    highlights from that game shows that they didnt play defense, even when there was a open man, he didnt pass the ball to that person, but went ahead with how many dream shakes for the defender to bite the fake shot for easy scoop layup....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    todays nba
    Embiid scores 70 the same night KAT got 62
    Then a couple of nights later doncic scores 73 while booker got 62

Scoring 70 now is like scoring 50 back in the day. Still impressive but scoring inflation is out of control.

Wilts record is totally reachable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoring 70 is nothing to these foul merchants imo. Nobody can defend it because defense is a foul now. And then when their numbers take a dip in the post season everyone acts surprised.

scoring 73 and didnt even account for half of his team's points
    today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoring 70 is nothing to these foul merchants imo. Nobody can defend it because defense is a foul now. And then when their numbers take a dip in the post season everyone acts surprised.

today's NBA
    acting like they played defense back in the good old days and nobody stat padded, even scrubs had big games

Worthy shot 70% during a WCF series

Sleepy Floyd drop FIFTY ONE points on the Lakers in the playoffs

Celtics and Lakers routinely dropped 140 pts on each other in the Finals

There are way more talented and skilled superstars today, get on with the times

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doncic is amazing generational-type player. but the chubby fk couldn't even catch his breath while giving the post-game on-court interview lol

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    We have a bright guy here. One really smart dude that understands sarcasm and all things related.
    It's ok. There's a 73 piece special, enough for you too.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

today's NBA
    David Robinson had 45 FGA and 25 FTA in his 71 point game in April against the powerhouse Clippers.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Even Mike had 23 FTA in his 69pt game.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doncic is amazing generational-type player. but the chubby fk couldn't even catch his breath while giving the post-game on-court interview lol
    Just incredible to watch some of you keyboard warriors strain yourselves to find any way to on a 73 point performance.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just incredible to watch some of you keyboard warriors strain yourselves to find any way to on a 73 point performance.
    Nah I don't strain i could pull a muscle or aggravate my type 2 beetus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. SGA
    2. Brunson
    3a. Young
    3b. Donutcic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this upstairs on Mono's troll thread, but I think it is worth the discussion here, tbh:

I'm starting to think Luka is way too heliocentric to win it all. Think of all these ball hogging guards in the past few years: Harden, Westbrook, Trae Young, Lillard, etc. What do they all have in common? Not only they never won it all, their teams are rarely ever true contenders. Outside an odd season here and there, their teams always underperform. The exact same thing is happening to Doncic's Mavericks.

The only guy that has made this heliocentric style work was Lebron, but (1) he's a way better player than the others mentioned and he was elite on D too, and (2) he needed to form superteams (where he took a step back on his helicentric ways) to finally win it all, despite having GOAT level individual talent. And still, one could argue Lebron has underachieved in terms of winning and it might be becuase of this style of play.

There's a discussion to be had here. Luka is still young, but a couple more seasons of his team underperforming and the blame will stop being aimed at the team around him and start being directed at his style of play, imho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But when do you think the Mavs underperformed? They overachieved with the conference finals appearance, the rest was about what was expected of them. As for heliocentric Luka offense, you might be right but it's too soon to tell still IMO. I doubt that system is his fault (or at least not his fault alone) and I think that with the addition of Kyrie and the recent trades there should be less of it. Provided the others stay healthy - Irving missed a lot of games, so did Exum, which is why I think it might seem as if nothing changed. With his BBIQ and pre-NBA experience it seems unimaginable that he couldn't play a bit differently. I don't know if someone who's apparently only pretending to be a coach is capable of doing anything though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this upstairs on Mono's troll thread, but I think it is worth the discussion here, tbh:
    underperforming? this is a lottery team, maybe bottom 4 + doncic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and only 6 wins from 1st spot in the west... clear mvp, even tho he wont get it, as the media hates the guy.... now all of a sudden team wins are very important, but 2 years ago when he had that and destroyed every other top player head to head, it was individual performances and him having a slow start of averaging 28,8,8.

Total Missed Games by Each Starter on MVP Candidate Teams

Jokic
    Murray: 14
    KCP: 4
    MPJ: 1
    Gordon: 6
    Total: 25

Shai
    JDub: 6
    Giddey: 1
    Chet: 0
    Dort: 2
    Total: 9

Giannis
    Dame: 5
    Beasley: 2
    Middleton: 12
    Brook: 3
    Total: 22

Luka
    Kyrie: 22
    Exum: 22
    DJJ: 5
    DLive: 18
    Total: 67

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and only 6 wins from 1st spot in the west... clear mvp, even tho he wont get it, as the media hates the guy.... now all of a sudden team wins are very important, but 2 years ago when he had that and destroyed every other top player head to head, it was individual performances and him having a slow start of averaging 28,8,8.

Total Missed Games by Each Starter on MVP Candidate Teams

Jokic
    Murray: 14
    KCP: 4
    MPJ: 1
    Gordon: 6
    Total: 25

Shai
    JDub: 6
    Giddey: 1
    Chet: 0
    Dort: 2
    Total: 9

Giannis
    Dame: 5
    Beasley: 2
    Middleton: 12
    Brook: 3
    Total: 22

Luka
    Kyrie: 22
    Exum: 22
    DJJ: 5
    DLive: 18
    Total: 67
    Record has always mattered for MVP, otherwise LeBron should have won it every year from 2006 to 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol simple facts and logic once again exposing fap for his garbage takes

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Fully healthy, this Mavs team is solid, so there’s no excuses at the moment. And shocker, the Mavs have a 6 game winning streak and just destroyed OKC with a healthy team.

The absolute stupidity of thinking Luka is the problem Imagine someone being re ed enough to ask “Is Luka Doncic preventing Slovenia from winning gold with his heliocentric play?”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Record has always mattered for MVP, otherwise LeBron should have won it every year from 2006 to 2014.
    So why did jokic and westbrook won it? Last years bs as well. If the media and that fat perkins didnt start crying about embiid, jokic would have won it again... its all about who the media likes that year the most and also they try not to give it to the same player every year. Thats why soon sga will become the favorite, cause someone will once again about Jokic.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why did jokic and westbrook won it? Last years bs as well. If the media and that fat perkins didnt start crying about embiid, jokic would have won it again... its all about who the media likes that year the most and also they try not to give it to the same player every year. Thats why soon sga will become the favorite, cause someone will once again about Jokic.
    I never said you had to be the 1-seed, and Westbrook was an aberration because he was the first to average a triple double in 40 years. This year's race is probably a coin flip between Jokic and SGA based on whichever team finishes the season stronger. Only way I see Doncic getting it is if Dallas makes a mad run to a top 3-4 seed, but that's a lot of ground to cover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that is the case, than tatum should be clear mvp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly my point. Luka is thought of as a top 3, top 5 player in the World, and he's in what, his 6th season? By this point his team should already be a true contender. Mav fans love to come here and troll about a rookie losing games but if by Wemby's 6th season the Spurs are as bad as the Mavs, that's where I would worry, tbh.

If the Mavs remain an irrelevant team in terms of true contention, at some point people will start pointing the finger at Luka, tbh.

Thread Information