Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ''seeding matters'' LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly my point. Luka is thought of as a top 3, top 5 player in the World, and he's in what, his 6th season? By this point his team should already be a true contender. Mav fans love to come here and troll about a rookie losing games but if by Wemby's 6th season the Spurs are as bad as the Mavs, that's where I would worry, tbh.

If the Mavs remain an irrelevant team in terms of true contention, at some point people will start pointing the finger at Luka, tbh.
    Haven't watched Mavs games this season, does the fat still have a high usage rate?
    Because it's a good way fo notr getting your teammates into a rythm early on and later saying he doesn't have help

Also, fatty acid whines to the refs every 2 minutes, that's not gonna help his cause

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea, and those shots that his teammates up are #1 in shot quality of any player.... should be an mvp favorite by a mile, as he is the most valuable player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly my point. Luka is thought of as a top 3, top 5 player in the World, and he's in what, his 6th season? By this point his team should already be a true contender. Mav fans love to come here and troll about a rookie losing games but if by Wemby's 6th season the Spurs are as bad as the Mavs, that's where I would worry, tbh.

If the Mavs remain an irrelevant team in terms of true contention, at some point people will start pointing the finger at Luka, tbh.
    I think Raven's point was that it's Luka who makes the Mavs even remotely respectable. Yours seems to be that the Mavs should be a contender by now solely on Luka's ability, regardless of the team around him. If Spurs in 6th season are as bad as Mavs, will you really worry about Wemby (provided he continues to develop and stays healthy)? Or would you worry about what the Spurs have been doing around him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't watched Mavs games this season, does the fat still have a high usage rate?
    Because it's a good way fo notr getting your teammates into a rythm early on and later saying he doesn't have help
    Yeah, he's first now that Embiid is out. It's his lowest since his rookie year though. Plus the Mavs have been plagued by injuries. Wemby is 5th fyi.

Also, fatty acid whines to the refs every 2 minutes, that's not gonna help his cause
    More like every minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where can we find "unrealized assist ops?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Raven's point was that it's Luka who makes the Mavs even remotely respectable. Yours seems to be that the Mavs should be a contender by now solely on Luka's ability, regardless of the team around him. If Spurs in 6th season are as bad as Mavs, will you really worry about Wemby (provided he continues to develop and stays healthy)? Or would you worry about what the Spurs have been doing around him?
    No, my point is that, so far, everybody blames Cuban and the Mavs mamagement for not building a good enough team for a top 5 guy, myself included. But if the Mavs remain this mediocre, many people, myself included again, will start to question Luka's ability to make guys around him better. Is it the guys around Luka really that bad, or is Luka's playing style not that easy to build around?

Jalen Brunson exploded as soon as he left Luka's shadow, just to bring an example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he's first now that Embiid is out. It's his lowest since his rookie year though. Plus the Mavs have been plagued by injuries. Wemby is 5th fyi.

More like every minute.
    thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All the time he spends practicing these meaningless moon shots just to show off should be spent on the treadmill, imo. Probably takes a bite off his candy bar in between moon shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All the time he spends practicing these meaningless moon shots just to show off should be spent on the treadmill, imo. Probably takes a bite off his candy bar in between moon shots.
    Ohh no, hes shooting trick shots... if he spend that time on a treadmill, he would be even better and i am sure you fat americans dont want that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.nba.com/stats/leaders?St...erMode=PerGame

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, my point is that, so far, everybody blames Cuban and the Mavs mamagement for not building a good enough team for a top 5 guy, myself included. But if the Mavs remain this mediocre, many people, myself included again, will start to question Luka's ability to make guys around him better. Is it the guys around Luka really that bad, or is Luka's playing style not that easy to build around?
    Ah. For now I think the first, but doesn't mean the second couldn't also be true. But I can't imagine that someone with Luka's BBIQ (and his pre-NBA experience) couldn't play at least somewhat differently if he had the right players around him, with a coach that knows what to do with them haha.

Jalen Brunson exploded as soon as he left Luka's shadow, just to bring an example.
    Brunson took a big step forward his last season with Mavs already. He took another step with Knicks for sure, but I think his explosion had also to do with him just playing more minutes and not playing with a superstar in the same position (and basically becoming the number 1 guy). Irving's numbers for example haven't taken a big hit despite playing with Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even in the all-star game he's moving like the laziest out there. Zero pride in not being a fat

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Even in the all-star game he's moving like the laziest out there. Zero pride in not being a fat
    Just has his priorities straight, unlike Dame who's possible All Star MVP could be the highest he ever goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just has his priorities straight, unlike Dame who's possible All Star MVP could be the highest he ever goes.
    Lollard shamelessly gunning for MVP even after hometown Hali had the perfect start

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Lollard shamelessly gunning for MVP even after hometown Hali had the perfect start
    Halliburton hasn't earned their respect yet. Lillard made Luka look even more pathetic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'8" and still too fat to dunk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bunch of 38 year olds and one fat ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Embiid, tatum and jokic -> bunch of 38 year olds?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    based fatties taking over the NBA tbh...time to take the donutpill FkLA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

only 2 of those are over 35 lol

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Boris Diaw was a fitting and obvious precursor to Today's NBA. Passing big men who have decent shooting and playmaking skills don't need to be ripped. They can be fat and have their way, like how Joker walked Victor back and schooled him in the paint.

Thread Information