Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    and then came Mahomes,,,,,this cat actually has a chance to catch him if he wins his 3rd Super Bowl this year at the age of 28. Brady didnt win his 4th Super Bowl le til he was 38 years old so Mahomes will have 10 years to work with just to get one more le to tie Brady at the same age. in' nuts,,,,amazing we see two QB's of this caliber in such a short span,,,,kinda like witnessing three all time greats in tennis at the same time( Federer, Nadal, Djokovic). I say Mahomes passes Brady with Super Bowl wins if he stays healthy,,,,

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Oh

The rat birds will never catch the Steelers so there is that,,,,,,

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Fascinating

Of course it is,,,when your two le winning QB's are Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco,,,you know youre a 2nd,,,possibly 3rd tier franchise,,,,,no suprise Jackson the bed today but to rat bird fans,,,,

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    It seems very difficult, but if Mahomes just pulls a Brady when the Chiefs are done as contenders and ditchs them to just go to whichever team is best set to ring and asks them to sell out to get as many weapons as possible, he might do it. He will need the same longevity and luck as Brady, though.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Just keep playing at this level for 15 more years and he’s got it! Super easy tbh.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    lots of ifs tbh...

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Yes he was on great teams

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I've never seen anyone anywhere talk about Patrick beating Brady for best ever. Thanks for posting, will forward to all my Facebook friends

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Brady was on young tear then people retired and they dipped

Reid & Kelce are on their last legs. Chiefs have done great job avoiding Coordinator turnover.

Mahomes could probably coast and still flirt with the Top5 all time, but he is approaching that time in great players career when retooling occurs. Everything changes and he has to remain the culture.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Brady was on young tear then people retired and they dipped

Reid & Kelce are on their last legs. Chiefs have done great job avoiding Coordinator turnover.

Mahomes could probably coast and still flirt with the Top5 all time, but he is approaching that time in great players career when retooling occurs. Everything changes and he has to remain the culture.
    Mahomes is already top 3 all-time, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Mahomes is already top 3 all-time, tbh.
    Most peeps yes. But I need to see the inevitable rebound/longevity

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Most peeps yes. But I need to see the inevitable rebound/longevity
    What for? In 6 years of career he already surpassed most of the all-time greats. He could retire tomorrow or suck for the rest of his career and the top 3 stats will still be there.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What for? In 6 years of career he already surpassed most of the all-time greats. He could retire tomorrow or suck for the rest of his career and the top 3 stats will still be there.
    Once you get passed 3 the context matters.

This is Chiefs Era. But after the coaches and Hill/Kelce are gone, it's Mahomes show.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    7 isn't that many, relatively speaking. Thinking it is unreachable is quite silly, all it takes is a less compe ive league. The nfl has been very compe ive for the longest time, up until peyton retired. I don't see it coming back that easily. Long story short, it is perfectly reasonable to assume it will become more like the nba in the future. With that said, Tom's level IS unreachable, so many battles won were just preposterous and will not be matched.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    Once you get passed 3 the context matters.

This is Chiefs Era. But after the coaches and Hill/Kelce are gone, it's Mahomes show.
    Old Frosty remaining frosty. Ya look pisser over here, Frosty.

Frosty

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    7 isn't that many, relatively speaking. Thinking it is unreachable is quite silly, all it takes is a less compe ive league. The nfl has been very compe ive for the longest time, up until peyton retired. I don't see it coming back that easily. Long story short, it is perfectly reasonable to assume it will become more like the nba in the future. With that said, Tom's level IS unreachable, so many battles won were just preposterous and will not be matched.
    Can't really relate to the NBA where superstars join forces to win les. Even then, winning 7 is a lot. MJ won 6.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    Can't really relate to the NBA where superstars join forces to win les. Even then, winning 7 is a lot. MJ won 6.
    ...so did Alcindor.

If Mahomes can 3peat and get to 5 rings he'll be the goat in a lot of peoples eyes.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Brady had a lot of very good defenses to help out.
    Will Mahomes get the same good fortune?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If Mahomes can 3peat and get to 5 rings he'll be the goat in a lot of peoples eyes.
    Brady Derangement Syndrome causing everyone to move the goalposts

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Nah Mahomes needs 8 rings and a bigger comeback than 28-3 to pass Brady. The 28-3 game made Brady hate proof imo. I remember going from being stoked the Falcons were blowing them out to actually rooting for Brady to pull off the comeback during that game. That's why he is the goat. The Super Bowls after that were just legacy padders imo. Mahomes ceiling is baby goat and I believe he will start to look very human once Kelce retires.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Nah Mahomes needs 8 rings and a bigger comeback than 28-3 to pass Brady. The 28-3 game made Brady hate proof imo. I remember going from being stoked the Falcons were blowing them out to actually rooting for Brady to pull off the comeback during that game. That's why he is the goat. The Super Bowls after that were just legacy padders imo. Mahomes ceiling is baby goat and I believe he will start to look very human once Kelce retires.
    Yeah, darn, that game was insane. I think I watched it live and I remember being happy the Falcons were blowing them out, then out of nowhere, I start rooting for him to make the comeback. It was the last thing I ever expected to do. Up until that point, I was a HATER.
    I was a RAMS fan as a kid and I felt he never should have won that first Superbowl against the RAMS. Up to that point in NFL history, I think we were there most heavily favoured team to win the Superbowl. I felt Kurt Warner outplayed him (he didn't have his best game, but still had the second most yards thrown in a Superbowl at the time. Kurt's receivers also dropped a few passes they should have held on to (these passes might also not have been to some of those receivers as Isaac Bruce had his ribs broken on the first series of the game which played a big part), and the defense although better that the previous year, fell apart and Kurt had to watch it all from the sidelines like his had so many times before when his defense buckled). I felt that whole playoff run from the Patriots was some bull fluke, that their luck would run out, that Brady was sort of like Trent Dilfer, keeping them in it while the rest of the team made big plays. I felt his kicker (Adam Vinatieri) was the real hero and MVP of the playoffs and superbowl for them. I felt in the playoff run, he wasn't a legendary quarterback, but he ended up going on to become one. I just wonder if he would have ended up being the same player if they would have lost that first Superbowl. Would his trajectory have been the same?
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-04-2024 at 12:18 PM.

Thread Information