Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd be in shock too if my buddy was driving me home.
    no DUI. I actually watched every 49ers SB even '94 with my best friend. He's neutral fan.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Good to see your understaning of the game grow.

49ers play calling after the INT at mid field was Ravenstupid tho.
    Yeah we both agree that the Ravens need to just run the ball and play defense to win games. They relied on Jackson's arm too much and lost. Have I not said that all year?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    How do the all youngsters say it these days, is it, tell me you haven't watched a ton of Dallas Cowboys games the last 20+ plus years, without telling me. If you're an objective human being and you watch alot of Dallas Cowboys games, you'll know they have gotten screwed on penalties, no calls, phantom calls, etc. etc. time and time again, year in and year out.

I don't expect you to be objective though. It's very ing clear, that the league (probably mainly Roger Goodell, is my hunch) hates the Dallas Cowboys. Yes, they hate the Cowboys despite them being the most popular team in the NFL.
    Dallas is always up there in penalty yards because they always hire limp coaches that Jerry can run over who don’t hold the team accountable. First three years of Parcells’ tenure they were actually one of the most disciplined teams in the NFL until 2006 when he checked out after they signed TO.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

It's like the Jordan years where Malone and Barkley would win MVPs but we all knew

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dallas is always up there in penalty yards because they always hire limp coaches that Jerry can run over who don’t hold the team accountable. First three years of Parcells’ tenure they were actually one of the most disciplined teams in the NFL until 2006 when he checked out after they signed TO.
    Nah, it's not just the undisciplined thing. Roger Goodell hates the Dallas Cowboys, and the league more than likely because of that or something else possibly, has a clear vendetta against them. You simply wouldn't know this unless you've watched most all their games for the last 20+ years. And I mean really pay attention. The league has it out for Dallas. You either know this or you don't. It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by Barfunk; 02-12-2024 at 02:01 AM.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Also, I'm not disagreeing that they aren't undisciplined, but they get hosed constantly and that is simply a fact.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Chiefs prolly fourpeat. Their team is never weaker than it was this season.

Mahomes is just the best player right now. "Why didnt the Ravens and Niners just run it more" the Chiefs defense did a great job thats why. And when Mahomes is on the other sideline it adds a mental element where you feel like your playcalling and execution has to be perfect.

Reffing was basically very fair.

Kept waiting for the Brady call to rig the Chiefs to the *win.
    When Taylor Kelce had the endone attempt at end of Reg, thought for sure the Brady flag would come out. Nope.

And they made the solid calls against Chiefs in the clutch. Defensive holding, etc.

Mahomes is just the best player right now. "Why didnt the Ravens and Niners just run it more" the Chiefs defense did a great job thats why. And when Mahomes is on the other sideline it adds a mental element where you feel like your playcalling and execution has to be perfect.
    Ya 6 handoffs to the RBs after Baltimore had a top running game all season / Chiefs running D was soft. That was just Patty genius.
    Ditto McCaffrey getting good yards on the regular.

FOH.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Ravens ran 16 times, Lamar ran 8 of those times, 5 were WR handoffs.
    They threw 37 times.

They had the best rushing attack in the league and ground up the 49ers during the regular season that way. It's absolutely play calling on their part to try to go toe to toe passing when that's not your strength.

Kelce threatened the life out of Andy, and Andy responded. Now it's probably water under the bridge, and has been toasted a dozen times.

Ya 6 handoffs to the RBs after Baltimore had a top running game all season / Chiefs running D was soft. That was just Patty genius.
    Ditto McCaffrey getting good yards on the regular.

FOH.
    Yeah, Mahomes going on surgical TD drives to start the game did nothing to rattle the Ravens. Their defense selling out to stop the run and giving the Ravens looks that make them throw the ball was all just Baltimore being dumb. And Baltimore should have score multiple times but fumbled because guess what....the Chiefs defense gets turnovers.

Chiefs had the #2 defense this year yet people are somehow confused as to why people had trouble scoring points againt them. It's really weird.

The Ravens ran 16 times, Lamar ran 8 of those times, 5 were WR handoffs.
    They threw 37 times.

They had the best rushing attack in the league and ground up the 49ers during the regular season that way. It's absolutely play calling on their part to try to go toe to toe passing when that's not your strength.
    Well when the Chiefs take up an entire quarter of the first half on 2 drives maybe game plans change.

When are yall gonna figure out that it literally doesnt matter what the other team does. Mahomes is going to do whatever he needs to win. If he has to throw it hes gonna throw it. If he has to run it hes gonna run it. If you take the lead on him hes gonna march down the field and answer.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    ...they were afraid they weren't going to pick up positive yardage. That early fumble by McCafferty? They/He never got over it. His reckless style of running was abandoned in stark favor of ball retention. That's all it took.

& it's all in your mind...if you pass it the reward is (bright.) Handing it off 5 yards behind a line of scrimmage is (dark), especially with the scoreboard is in peril.

As soon as it kicked off I fell in line with SF, away from KC. I wanted to see Swift in sadness. I wanted to see the announcers slighted as they declared for KC early and then often. Then confirming my preference for SF was Kelce attacking coach like that! Oh, CBS did not want to show that clip, but had nary other choice. Then shut their mouths with nary condemnation to the sodomites for Kelce.

GD, I hate when MSM gets their in' way!

Brady was 43 when he beat mvp season Rodgers, Brees and Mahomes on his way to a 7th SB win.

Beating Jimmy Garapollo, Jalen Hurts and Brock Purdy in the SB doesn't impress me, at all. Maybe I'll take notice when he beats a somebody in the SB. We'll see.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Kelce threatened the life out of Andy, and Andy responded. Now it's probably water under the bridge, and has been toasted a dozen times.
    That was a ridiculously bad look for both of them. If I was Andy I would have chewed the out of him in front of the team and the world to stop that . The first time it happened.

But then again the beetus might have killed Andy if his blood pressure went up any.
    Last edited by Blake; 02-12-2024 at 03:18 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Well when the Chiefs take up an entire quarter of the first half on 2 drives maybe game plans change.

When are yall gonna figure out that it literally doesnt matter what the other team does. Mahomes is going to do whatever he needs to win. If he has to throw it hes gonna throw it. If he has to run it hes gonna run it. If you take the lead on him hes gonna march down the field and answer.
    Down but maybe at least 2 score I might see it. The final score was 17-10. The Chiefs weren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard in tecmo style.

The answer is you run the ball, control the clock, keep him off the field. Especially when your qb is Lamar.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Brady was 43 when he beat mvp season Rodgers, Brees and Mahomes on his way to a 7th SB win.

Beating Jimmy Garapollo, Jalen Hurts and Brock Purdy in the SB doesn't impress me, at all. Maybe I'll take notice when he beats a somebody in the SB. We'll see.
    It's always weird when people say "ha that QB didn't beat that QB in the game" when the defenses are different

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count

That's the whole point, DS...is to get there and find a Garapollo, a Hurts, a Purdy there instead of a QB with the caliber you display/Mahomes. I was never happier than in '09 when Kobe lined up at the center court jump with that idiot Howard across the way. I was tickled pink.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I blame lefty for the loss last night tbh. His magic is undefeated.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    That's the whole point, DS...is to get there and find a Garapollo, a Hurts, a Purdy there instead of a QB with the caliber you display/Mahomes. I was never happier than in '09 when Kobe lined up at the center court jump with that idiot Howard across the way. I was tickled pink.

yeah that's how I felt when the Rangers drew the Diamondbacks in the World Series tbh. I knew if they faced the Phillies, they would lose in humiliating DFW sports fashion with Harper and the rest of those guys mean mugging the pitchers and 'stanky legging' after every home run like they had been doing all postseason imho

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    well atleast something great, sports-wise, came out of Texas Tech tbh imho
    Something great football wise. I mean Sheryl Swoopes isn't as cringey to say as Brian Grinder but it's not great either.

Yeah, Mahomes going on surgical TD drives to start the game did nothing to rattle the Ravens. Their defense selling out to stop the run and giving the Ravens looks that make them throw the ball was all just Baltimore being dumb. And Baltimore should have score multiple times but fumbled because guess what....the Chiefs defense gets turnovers.
    And Ravens answered the open drive Chiefs TD with Lamar hurling a 45 yard bomb for a TD and 7-7 score.
    Stop all this nonsense that the Chiefs were so far ahead.

Right you are the 2 fumbles were very hurtful to the Ravens, just as the 2 fumbles hurt the 49ers.
    The Raven rookie fumbling as he was going into the endone for the 17-14 close.

Still doesn't erase the moronic strategy to not run.
    Dumbaugh at his worst.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It's always weird when people say "ha that QB didn't beat that QB in the game" when the defenses are different
    Especially when Brady beat Delhomme & Goff while losing to Eli (twice) and Foles. A Super Bowl win is a Super Bowl win. Doesn’t matter who you beat to get it.

And Brady did it 7 times in case anyone forgot. Mahomes has 3, again in case anyone forgot.

Thread Information