My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd say #5 on a deep le team, #4 on a top-heavy 2 mvp quality starters team

potential to be #3 on le team if he keeps improving as he has been

maaaaaaaaaybe #2 if he has a final form we haven't seen

--

*pretty sure he maxes out as #4 on le team
    Pretty much this tbh. His best chance on a le team is a sixth man who can punish opposing benches and who can maybe get hot in a couple of games in the playoffs to pull out wins we shouldn't get on the road, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re asking him to do more than he’s capable of. He should never initiate the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd say #5 on a deep le team, #4 on a top-heavy 2 mvp quality starters team

potential to be #3 on le team if he keeps improving as he has been

maaaaaaaaaybe #2 if he has a final form we haven't seen

--

*pretty sure he maxes out as #4 on le team
    lol that's way too generous. #5, not more than that. He's a certified role or bench player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re asking him to do more than he’s capable of. He should never initiate the offense.
    He doesn't know how to play any other way. He's a black hole.

EDIT: just finished the last few mins of the first half, holy his style of play is so cancerous

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't know how to play any other way. He's a black hole.

EDIT: just finished the last few mins of the first half, holy his style of play is so cancerous
    I've already said it a couple of times. He doesn't fit or belong on this team. Honestly, I wish they would have shopped him at the deadline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ball quits moving once it gets to Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eye-balling it, that probably coincides with Jones getting the starting spot and eventually Keldon moving to the bench. Looks like Keldon had some talent as a connector in the PG-less lineup but is probably struggling to find a place as a sixth man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also pretty stupid of Pop to make a guy with no handles or shot creation ability your scoring 6th man. Guaranteed Pop is telling him something along the lines of "we need you to be ultra aggressive KJ".

He needs to play off the more talented playmakers on the team. He really should be strictly a spot up shooter 90% of the time. Cuts and drives off hard closeouts the rest of time. He has no business dancing around with the ball or initiating anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much this tbh. His best chance on a le team is a sixth man who can punish opposing benches and who can maybe get hot in a couple of games in the playoffs to pull out wins we shouldn't get on the road, etc.
    Of course the problem is that Keldon is just as likely to not even attempt to close out on a 3 pt shot that's his responsibility or not playing backside help defense whatsoever giving up an easy layup/dunk.

His defense is an abomination and often takes more than his offensive game gives.

I say you sell high on Keldon now, while the general concensus is that he's one of our future core players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still feel in the long run Keldon will be an elite 6th man tbh.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the problem is that Keldon is just as likely to not even attempt to close out on a 3 pt shot that's his responsibility or not playing backside help defense whatsoever giving up an easy layup/dunk.

His defense is an abomination and often takes more than his offensive game gives.

I say you sell high on Keldon now, while the general concensus is that he's one of our future core players.
    Thing is he's not stupid and he follows direction he looked pretty decent at fitting in on the Team USA team and actually appeared to be doing ok work on defense. Not great on defense but ok. He needs someone who can pull some focus off of him and leave a path to the basket. He also has to learn to keep his head up in case he gets stopped on the way to the rim. For real what would be ideal is get a pvc wall and have him run with moving J-Co players all summer. Its silly he's not a bad passer he just needs to learn to keep his head up when he's going to the rim.

I have way more issues with his defense, he's not good enough to slack on defense and he's not big enough and quick enough to be more than adequate at his position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patience, people.

Pop is still pounding the rock with Keldon and teaching him fundamentals in his fifth NBA year, to will him into the player he wants and will be around Wemby forever. And it's all fun!

You guys just don't know BB.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t it amazing that Keldon was the 29th overall pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're going to end up moving on when it's too late and the entire NBA realizes what most of us have already come to see. He's vomiting all over himself on his bull rush drives more and more. His defense is bad. The only skill I still somewhat believe in is his spot up shooting and even that hasn't been falling. He's losing value by the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon definitely IS losing value, unfortunately. When he has those big rebounding games, he shows what he's actually capable of, which makes his standard version look ass. Also, he's brainless on D. Just tuned out, not incapable. I blame the coaching for most of these guys' extremely fixable mental gameplay issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's worse in person than he is on TV. Wtf did the Spurs organization see in this fool

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I had high hopes but he’s not ready for the big time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon definitely IS losing value, unfortunately. When he has those big rebounding games, he shows what he's actually capable of, which makes his standard version look ass. Also, he's brainless on D. Just tuned out, not incapable. I blame the coaching for most of these guys' extremely fixable mental gameplay issues.
    I don't think Keldon has very much value. Anybody who watches him play can see he has limited talent and is just a chucker. At best you can get rid of him without giving up something but nobody is going to be in a hurry to give up something valuable for a 29th pick who doesn't do anything on the court but chuck. Almost every team has a player or two who does that so why would they want Keldon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon has been in his role for a month and done okay. It's a new role with lesser talent around him and people not only act surprised, but instead use to bash. This is not Sochan at PG.

This notion that he is just a chucker is asinine. He scores a fair amount of his points bodying people in the paint.

And just straight up at complaining about him taking shots with that second unit. I guess you want Branham or Barlow taking them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All keldon needs to do is make open shots and play some decent d...Hes so inconsistent as well as mostly
    everyone on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're going to end up moving on when it's too late and the entire NBA realizes what most of us have already come to see. He's vomiting all over himself on his bull rush drives more and more. His defense is bad. The only skill I still somewhat believe in is his spot up shooting and even that hasn't been falling. He's losing value by the day.
    for real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patience, people.

Pop is still pounding the rock with Keldon and teaching him fundamentals in his fifth NBA year, to will him into the player he wants and will be around Wemby forever. And it's all fun!

You guys just don't know BB.
    Popovich generally has three lineups, starters, bench, and finishing crew. KJ had been on the starting crew but now is in a new role. That role does not only effect him. Champagnie, wo was one of the higher basketball IQ players on the bench is now moved to the starting role.

I get it is fun to dumb things down to fixating on KJ but that is not how things work. There are plenty of moving parts where Osman, Collins, Branham, Barlow, et al. are adjusting as well. Shocking he doesn't know where everyone is going to be, how they cut and move, etc.

Moreso, the closing crew does not have a lot of experience in this iteration either. We actually have been closing out a lot better lately. Yet we run into a more experienced and talented team and that unit struggles and we see you with the woe is we routine.
    Last edited by FuzzyLumpkins; 02-15-2024 at 09:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Keldon has very much value. Anybody who watches him play can see he has limited talent and is just a chucker. At best you can get rid of him without giving up something but nobody is going to be in a hurry to give up something valuable for a 29th pick who doesn't do anything on the court but chuck. Almost every team has a player or two who does that so why would they want Keldon?
    Jordan Poole?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would this be a GOAT coach error?

Thread Information