Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington, DC
    CNN

Half of renters in the United States have found themselves paying more than they can afford, following years of surging rents. But an increase in the construction of multiple-unit buildings has boosted the supply of apartments, which is slowly beginning to rein in runaway rents.

Nationally, rents declined annually in December for the eighth straight month, according to Realtor.com’s monthly report. The median asking rent was $1,713, which was down $4 from November and down $63 from the July 2022 peak.

However, median rent is still $309 higher than the same time in 2019, before the pandemic. That’s a 22% increase.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/30/econo...nts/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And new apartments keep springing up left and right instead of housing. American dream dying a little more every day.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Businesses: "we don't give raises based on cost of living increases, but based on merit"
    same businesses: "We are charging more for our services due to inflation across the board"

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Greed.
    After Minnesota Floyd was sent to , "reparations" were extended to Blacks, Whites were rewarded as well thru the Black "reps." Could not be helped on such short notice so the money flowed; easily and beautifully for all concerned. Wages went up on-the-spot, BIG TIME! It was starkly like in' Christmas in "July" or, whenever the Floyd met his maker.........

American gov't thru American democracy could not allow it, Black, I mean Blake. That kind of pseudo wealth on-the-spot distribution was viewed as dangerously tumultuous. 5 years later we're back to where we were (worse off even) than when Floyd's light was extinguished.

The American gov't can relax and American democracy has been served.

"Whew, that was a close one." - The power.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And new apartments keep springing up left and right instead of housing. American dream dying a little more every day.
    Maybe there, but not here in Phoenix, Arizona. Not by a jugful. You got land, laid out in a perfect, flat, gridiron for over 100 miles wide, from the White Mountains in the West and from basically Tucson in the South to where the elevator takes off for Flagstaff in the North, that's way over 200 miles.

It's never end.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Businesses: "we don't give raises based on cost of living increases, but based on merit"
    same businesses: "We are charging more for our services due to inflation across the board"
    Yep, Lue, & the #1 rule of INFLATION, the stab in the American heart..."You pay more, but, you get less." The s. The in' s.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yep, Lue, & the #1 rule of INFLATION, the stab in the American heart..."You pay more, but, you get less." The s. The in' s.
    This is the Republican way that you've supported and continue to support. Embrace it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is the Republican way that you've supported and continue to support. Embrace it.
    I shoulda known you couldn't have a conversation without stooping. It isn't R OR D, it's both. (They're) not going to let a shift like that (after Floyd) stay putPERIOD

& they didn't!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I shoulda known you couldn't have a conversation without stooping. It isn't R OR D, it's both. (They're) not going to let a shift like that (after Floyd) stay putPERIOD

& they didn't!
    Trump told both R & D to go to and that's why we're here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should Qchrisy care about this? He is happy in his mom's basement.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is a Republican.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read that each American's share of the national debt is now more than $100K. That's actually peanuts for many but probably not for the half of US tenants who can't afford to pay their rent.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I read that each American's share of the national debt is now more than $100K. That's actually peanuts for many but probably not for the half of US tenants who can't afford to pay their rent.
    But you're gonna have to show Americans the downside of [the national debt]. They've been warning us since the 80's and nothing has ever HAPPENED. Until there is pure, unadulterated calamity then nothing is wrong with running that # up,,,just to see that aforementioned CALAMITY in the flesh. We're almost begging for the spectacle.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Trump is a Republican.
    Even the racist rednecks hate the Republicans, at least rePUBLICLY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the racist rednecks hate the Republicans, at least rePUBLICLY.
    The term RINO gets thrown around so much by grifters and idiots in the gop party that it is hilarious.

One moment you are a republican, the next you are a RINO, back to being a republican when your vote or $$$ is needed, and back to RINO because you are not considered conservative enough.

Explains why so many of them are quitting politics.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yep, yep. That's how he made President. And will be President forever.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The term RINO gets thrown around so much by grifters and idiots in the gop party that it is hilarious.

One moment you are a republican, the next you are a RINO, back to being a republican when your vote or $$$ is needed, and back to RINO because you are not considered conservative enough.

Explains why so many of them are quitting politics.
    Because Trump made President. He upset the apple cart. That apple cart had been stationary since Teddy Roosevelt made President. Since Trump made President that apple cart ain't been right, it's been patently upset. And, what's more, Effy, it will be upset forever.

You're a MAGAT, Effy, according to your friend, diego. He turned ya, son. And I ain't one to ever let ya forget it. Ever. It's my religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is a Republican.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Because Trump made President. He upset the apple cart. That apple cart had been stationary since Teddy Roosevelt made President. Since Trump made President that apple cart ain't been right, it's been patently upset. And, what's more, Effy, it will be upset forever.

You're a MAGAT, Effy, according to your friend, diego. He turned ya, son. And I ain't one to ever let ya forget it. Ever. It's my religion.[/QUOTE]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could be higher for the actuall taxpayer

isnt 3/4 of your country is made up of professional welfare bludgers on food stamps and govt assisted housing...

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

isnt 3/4 of your country is made up of professional welfare bludgers on food stamps and govt assisted housing...
    No.

Go back down under.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think you are referring to Canada

Id say US has about 35% of Americans on welfare

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you are referring to Canada

Id say US has about 35% of Americans on welfare
    Try 20 %
    And this encompasses a wide range of federal help.
    Some of which YOU probably have taken advantage of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try 20 %
    And this encompasses a wide range of federal help.
    Some of which YOU probably have taken advantage of.
    Nope

"In 2019, 99.1 million people participated in one of the 10 programs discussed in this brief, representing 30 percent of the U.S. population"

I said 35% because it's 2023 now and the illegal immigrants that also get some gov assistance

https://aspe.hhs.gov/reports/people-...ial-safety-net

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope

"In 2019, 99.1 million people participated in one of the 10 programs discussed in this brief, representing 30 percent of the U.S. population"

I said 35% because it's 2023 now and the illegal immigrants that also get some gov assistance

https://aspe.hhs.gov/reports/people-...ial-safety-net
    Lol "10 programs"

Went from 2 to 10 in a hurry to widen det goal post

Thread Information