My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    @ whoever takes Caleb Williams

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I’m looking forward to my team actually using it’s first round pick instead of trading down for five 3rd rounders.

That said, drafting Jayden Daniels would be a mistake. I’d rather take Maserati Marv and hope Penix falls to round 2.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    I’m looking forward to my team actually using it’s first round pick instead of trading down for five 3rd rounders.

That said, drafting Jayden Daniels would be a mistake. I’d rather take Maserati Marv and hope Penix falls to round 2.
    You , you.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    A couple of WR, some more hidden defensive back gems, a TE to eventually replace Kelce, an offensive tackle, and D-lines, because you can never have too much of them. That's my wishlist to pair with the baby GOAT.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    At this point it seems inevitable that the Patriots are taking Daniels. He’s got some talent, but he’s way too skinny, even for a college QB, and he never slides. He’s going to get snapped in half by Week 4.

Only hope left is that Washington pulls a Washington & takes Daniels at 2, and then the Pats get Maye.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I think Mahomes has already surpassed Montana as the undisputed GOAT of the NFL, imho.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I think Mahomes has already surpassed Montana as the undisputed GOAT of the NFL, imho.
    It's Brady. I doubted but he has 3 separate stages in his career.

Montana is Mr.Perfect story. Built a dynasty, never turned it over, defeated his main rivals in the SB and was physically destroyed along the way. Even to this day he remains a complicated but respectful man.

Mahomes also has a unique path. His SB numbers are lacking and the team hasn't blown anyone out AND that's their argument. Since the OT loss to Patriots early on, team has run off very impressive string of close Playoff victories.

So each has unique argument

Honorable mention:
    1. Peyton - most generations he would be at the Top but turning Indianapolis into a Dynasty is a bit much. The loss to Saints/Brees with a hobbled Freeney. Moved to Broncos and wrote a 2nd Half. Peyton vs Brady is the American version of Messi/Ronaldo. But unlike the ladder whom played slightly different attacking positions, one can more accurately compare Peyton & Tom. Both top College schools, 1 2-time Heisman front runner and the other benched. Peyton was Mr.Professional Unitas. Brady was able to tap into that small man dirty us & them. And he ultimately had better relationship with teammates. Peyton is the logo, Tom is the uncensored.

Farve. Lost B2B in Top3 SB of past 30 years. Packer teams with Ahman Green always top contender. Ballsy to make jump to Jets. Returned to rival for last hurrah - Saints vs Vikings is legendary game. Bounty Gate smashing Farve all night and he got up each time. I lost alot to Brett, and that day I enjoyed the legend.

John Elway. Duh. Closest player to Mahomes in skill set. No major physical or mental weakness. Late in career Denver #1 seed chokes Game1 to near expansion Jags. Historic upset. Broncos respond with new uniforms and most dominant B2B I saw. Bobby Brister winning games

Steve Young. 2x Regular Season MVP. No player shouldered more pressure in history. 49ers went from 3-Peat loss on last second injury - to - missing Playoffs at 10-6. What happened in '92? SY8 goes 14-2 MVP. Team wins the SB and what's his reward - not resigning Ricky Watters. Steve Young played in NFCCG after Troy Aikman's last. Number 8 was the sole reason we battled for the NFC in the 90's from beginning to end.

Rodgers & Young are similiar. Both followed legends. Held the fort and Ring but usually ran into superior Rivals. Elway without T.Davis beast is probably below these 2. But Rodgers lost too many Home playoff games to peers. Multiple #1 seed game 1 losses.

Warner, Big Ben, Brees. The overshadowed. I love the 90s but this Era was best for NFL. No more blowouts in the SB, every game was close.

Troy Aikman - this is Mahomes if dice falls differently moving forward. Troy's legacy is arguably best leader on this Honorable list. He bounced in College on pressure programs. Didn't start in '91 Playoff game vs Lions. In a team of truly misfits, Troy & Emmitt kept balance. The 90s Cowboys are arguably the sports greatest core and also burned out quickly. I remember watching that '97 Panthers vs Cowboys. Never thought that was the Finale.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 02-24-2024 at 05:44 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The game has changed. Only Mahomes & Elway have signature running plays. It's become Pat's go to in the past 2 SBs.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Montana is Mr.Perfect story. Built a dynasty, never turned it over, defeated his main rivals in the SB and was physically destroyed along the way. Even to this day he remains a complicated but respectful man.

Mahomes also has a unique path. His SB numbers are lacking and the team hasn't blown anyone out AND that's their argument. Since the OT loss to Patriots early on, team has run off very impressive string of close Playoff victories.

Honorable mention:
    1. Peyton - most generations he would be at the Top but turning Indianapolis into a Dynasty is a bit much. The loss to Saints/Brees with a hobbled Freeney. Moved to Broncos and wrote a 2nd Half. Peyton vs Brady is the American version of Messi/Ronaldo. But unlike the ladder whom played slightly different attacking positions, one can more accurately compare Peyton & Tom. Both top College schools, 1 2-time Heisman front runner and the other benched. Peyton was Mr.Professional Unitas. Brady was able to tap into that small man dirty us & them. And he ultimately had better relationship with teammates. Peyton is the logo, Tom is the uncensored.

Farve. Lost B2B in Top3 SB of past 30 years. Packer teams with Ahman Green always top contender. Ballsy to make jump to Jets. Returned to rival for last hurrah - Saints vs Vikings is legendary game. Bounty Gate smashing Farve all night and he got up each time. I lost alot to Brett, and that day I enjoyed the legend.

John Elway. Duh. Closest player to Mahomes in skill set. No major physical or mental weakness. Late in career Denver #1 seed chokes Game1 to near expansion Jags. Historic upset. Broncos respond with new uniforms and most dominant B2B I saw. Bobby Brister winning games

Steve Young. 2x Regular Season MVP. No player shouldered more pressure in history. 49ers went from 3-Peat loss on last second injury - to - missing Playoffs at 10-6. What happened in '92? SY8 goes 14-2 MVP. Team wins the SB and what's his reward - not resigning Ricky Watters. Steve Young played in NFCCG after Troy Aikman's last. Number 8 was the sole reason we battled for the NFC in the 90's from beginning to end.

Rodgers & Young are similiar. Both followed legends. Held the fort and Ring but usually ran into superior Rivals. Elway without T.Davis beast is probably below these 2. But Rodgers lost too many Home playoff games to peers. Multiple #1 seed game 1 losses.

Warner, Big Ben, Brees. The overshadowed. I love the 90s but this Era was best for NFL. No more blowouts in the SB, every game was close.

Troy Aikman - this is Mahomes if dice falls differently moving forward. Troy's legacy is arguably best leader on this Honorable list. He bounced in College on pressure programs. Didn't start in '91 Playoff game vs Lions. In a team of truly misfits, Troy & Emmitt kept balance. The 90s Cowboys are arguably the sports greatest core and also burned out quickly. I remember watching that '97 Panthers vs Cowboys. Never thought that was the Finale.
    Brady is disqualified for cheating, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Belichick is from Parcells Giants. Battling Walsh, Gibbs and Bears.

Bountygate although meh, was controversial. Patriots as did almost all the Boston sports at the time, were more creative.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Honorable mention:

Elway paved the way for modern day QB’s tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Top three is still:

Brady
    Montana

Elway/maybe Manning

tbh. Mahomes definitely has GOAT potential though.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Top three is still:

Brady
    Montana

Elway/maybe Manning

tbh. Mahomes definitely has GOAT potential though.
    How can Elway and Manning be above Mahomes with less rings and worse individual numbers?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How can Elway and Manning be above Mahomes with less rings and worse individual numbers?
    Longevity. They put up elite numbers for longer in a league where rules didn't hamper defenses as much. Again, Mahomes is on pace to surpass all of them but if he were to retire right now for whatever reason he's only top 5.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Longevity. They put up elite numbers for longer in a league where rules didn't hamper defenses as much. Again, Mahomes is on pace to surpass all of them but if he were to retire right now for whatever reason he's only top 5.
    Fair enough, I guess. Still, I think if Mahomes reitred tomorrow, most people would have him above both Elway and Manning, imho.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Yeah, Manning does have 5 MVPs in an era with Tom Brady so it's not unfair if someone still has him higher than Pat

Knowing what plays the other team is going to run is sure as cheating.

Brady / Bellicheat slurpers can choke on their slop.

We know what happened.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Knowing what plays the other team is going to run is sure as cheating.

Brady / Bellicheat slurpers can choke on their slop.

We know what happened.

'slob can I commission you to make a chop of Tom Brady with a copium hose running from his dong into your mouth? With that pic of Slob on the couch.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    'slob can I commission you to make a chop of Tom Brady with a copium hose running from his dong into your mouth? With that pic of Slob on the couch.
    And then do one of Lamar for fabbs

It's funny how everyone on this forum knew Struggle Wilson was trash carried by an all time defense years before anyone else. Dude will be on his 3rd team next year and will probably get benched there too.

Thread Information