Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone wants to see that happening with Wemby, I don't... Remember he's the first one with the ball in his hands as a PG. And that Hawks have regressed even since Murray signed with them. They are 22-29 as we're speaking.

(Per ESPN):

When Young is on the bench, Murray has produced at an All-Star level himself. According to data from PBPstats.com, Murray is averaging 26.0 points and 7.4 assists per 36 minutes with a .598 true shooting percentage (TS%) without Young. Those marks compare closely to All-Star starter Damian Lillard's production this season with the Milwaukee Bucks: 25.4 points and 6.9 assists per 36 minutes on identical .598 TS%.

When he plays with Young, Murray's production dips to 19.5 points and 4.0 assists per 36 minutes with a poor .534 TS%.
    Young and Murray are both PG's so it makes sense that DJM production takes a big hit when he plays out of position with Young on the floor. That wont be a problem with Wemby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deadline passed move on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes that’s crazy because Trae is on the same level as SGA and curry offensively. Mitc lol. Trae is easily a top 3-5 guard offensively. You’re not getting a guy like Trae in FA as the Spurs. Be happy he mentioned this team. With Wemby that’s a deadly duo.

Trae is nowhere near Steph's level. Steph is the all time greatest high volume 3 point shooter in history of the NBA. Trae is a good player who shoots completely average percentages on high volume. Still valuable, but nowhere near Curry.

Career numbers:

3pt%
    Steph: 42.7%
    Trae: 35.5%

eFG%
    Steph: 58.4%
    Trae: 50.7%

TS%
    Steph: 62.7%
    Trae: 58.1%

2pt%
    Steph: 52.4%
    Trae: 49%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae is nowhere near Steph's level. Steph is the all time greatest high volume 3 point shooter in history of the NBA. Trae is a good player who shoots completely average percentages on high volume. Still valuable, but nowhere near Curry.

Career numbers:

3pt%
    Steph: 42.7%
    Trae: 35.5%

eFG%
    Steph: 58.4%
    Trae: 50.7%

TS%
    Steph: 62.7%
    Trae: 58.1%

2pt%
    Steph: 52.4%
    Trae: 49%
    Those are shots that will be coming off Wemby’s plate, btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deadline passed move on
    off season will be coming soon

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about shots Wemby would get because of Trae since he wouldn't be missing any of those obvious lobs and easy pnr passes?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young is on a streak of games with at least 5 assists that has only been exceeded by Stockton, Magic, and Isiah Thomas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM averages more FGA than Wemby does while playing with Trae. Bogdanovic isn't too far behind Wemby in FGA. Pray tell how they can get those shots while Trae is "taking them off their plate."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about shots Wemby would get because of Trae since he wouldn't be missing any of those obvious lobs and easy pnr passes?
    Wemby can be MUCH more than a lob threat if paired with lower usage player than Trae. Trae has an ELITE lob threat in Capela. They’re a sub .500 team. Turning Wemby into a lob threat is something most any PG can do. He’ll, Tre Jones did it. Here’s a little secret most haven’t figured out. We don’t need Trae’s scoring. Wemby Unleashed will be our 30 point scorer, and you can’t have two on one team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby can be MUCH more than a lob threat if paired with lower usage player than Trae. Trae has an ELITE lob threat in Capela. They’re a sub .500 team. Turning Wemby into a lob threat is something most any PG can do. He’ll, Tre Jones did it. Here’s a little secret most haven’t figured out. We don’t need Trae’s scoring. Wemby Unleashed will be our 30 point scorer, and you can’t have two on one team.
    you are pretending that wemby will only be a lob threat if playing alongside Trae

you have some chicken/egg dilemma with the capela/wemby comparison. capela is only a lob threat because thats his only cognizable skill on offense. he's not limited to merely a lob threat because Trae is only capable of facilitating via lob. its because he's a limited player.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae is not a hyper efficient shooter, but he is capable of making pullup threes off the PnR which bends the defense, and he's a really good PnR ballhandler in general.

I get concerns about his heliocentric style but he has always been the #1 guy on the team. As a #2 behind Wemby, or even a #1a with him, he would look even better.

And Trae's usage rate isn't anywhere close to MVP Harden or Westbrook. , this season Trae's usage rate is 30.7%; Wemby's is higher at 31.9%.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae started the season cold, with 35% FG and 28% 3pt in his first 11 games.
    Since then, he's been at 45% FG and 40% 3pt over the last 35 games.
    28/11 with 4.4 turnovers.

There aren't many potential point guard targets for the Spurs.
    It's just Trae and DJ as things stand now.
    Garland could become available if Mitc signs a new deal.
    Other young point guards are more or less untouchable.
    Celtics might not be able to keep Derrick and we could bring him back if they fail again in the playoffs and decide to retool.

For me it's simple, down to two options.
    Either we draft a point guard or get one of these targets in the summer.
    I'd prefer Risacher and a proven point guard, but that's jut my irrelevant opinion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It cant be understated at how incompatible Young and Murray are together on the floor.

Young's worst two man lineup is with Murray. His best three man lineup with Murray is 7th of out 9th. His worst four man lineup is with DJM. Those two cannot play together because they're both ball heavy PG's who struggle playing off ball. They're clearly depressing each others effectiveness.

Cant wait to see Young be the undisputed PG with Wemby at C. Should be special on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don’t need Trae’s scoring.
    We rank 24th in points per game and 27th in ORTG.

We don't necessarily need Trae's scoring... but we need SOMEONE's.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We rank 24th in points per game and 27th in ORTG.

We don't necessarily need Trae's scoring... but we need SOMEONE's.
    Yeah. I don’t know how you watch this team and think the offensive firepower is just fine. The offense is trash. No one can create their own shot (other than Vassell, and he’s still inefficient), there is no shooting, and we have a total of one facilitator on the entire roster.

I’m not necessarily sold on Trae, though. It depends on the draft capital going back to Atlanta.

Thread Information